The Rumour Thread

After some consideration, I'm... not a fan. They're not bad, but I don't really like the heads, and they look kinda generic. I prefer the ol' noodle dragons. No judgment on those who do like them - I'm happy you got models you like, and I wasn't going to be buying Stormcast stuff anyway!

As for future SC and KB miniatures - there's been no indication from GW that this is it for the two factions' releases, and besides, Whitefang Has Spoken. If we've yet to see SC dragon cav, I think there's good odds we'll see something more for the Kruleboyz too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

After some consideration, I'm... not a fan. They're not bad, but I don't really like the heads, and they look kinda generic. I prefer the ol' noodle dragons. No judgment on those who do like them - I'm happy you got models you like, and I wasn't going to be buying Stormcast stuff anyway!

As for future SC and KB miniatures - there's been no indication from GW that this is it for the two factions' releases, and besides, Whitefang Has Spoken. If we've yet to see SC dragon cav, I think there's good odds we'll see something more for the Kruleboyz too.

idk a female friend of mine who has never played AoS but enjoys when I repost warcom articles and fantasy in general absolutely loves them. Finally some generic drakes

• Like 1

Just now, Black_Templar_Lad said:

It really makes me wish just the plain Dragon unit came back from Storm of Magic, convert and paint each one to represent different elements. Stick some big antlers on one, cover the over in frost, good hobby times ahead. 

What if I told you that you could do this anyway 

• Like 1

Lorewise, these dragons make for natural allies or even...whatever that other thing is that's kind of like allies...for the Seraphon. "Say, about those eggs we were holding for you..."

Mechanics wise, it might be a harder sell. I'm sure they'll bust 400 points and thus the ally limit, and I personally don't like the mechanic of being able to ally in certain high-dollar units even if they bust the limit (Gotrek), but I guess we'll see.

Good looking sculpts. I had that TSR Great Red Dragon mentioned up thread. I remember my first wife saying, every time she saw it, "Hey, Red! Where's your neck?"

Edited by Christopher Rowe

I think the idea that this is GW wanting to do a solid 'regular dragon' rather than some wildly AoS-ified version is spot on.

An archetypal modern fantasy dragon with broad appeal that in GW terms functions as a blank canvas (maybe even a pan-Order centrepiece mini like Kragnos for Destruction) and prestige piece that will probably sell like gangbusters.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

So now we know that The Scales of Victory was really quite foretelling in the models we would see... (spoilers from that short story below)

"followed by a scene of two drakes – one noble of aspect, another whose features were cast in shadow"

[spoiler]
We know that only two drakes survived Kragnos, and here they are. But from this story we also know that the seraphon have hatched many many drakes over many centuries, and that the biggest ones are approx the size of Bastiladon.

So, in the future perhaps we will see these adolescent Bastiladon sized drakes, as well as maybe whelps. 
[/spoiler]

Anyone hopeful that putting these two from today in SCE is just a stop gap, and that later they will release more models and get their own book (a small faction, similar to Imperial Knights and Sons of Behemat?) One ray of hope is that unlike the Stardrake there is no SCE armor/iconography molded onto the body, the blue one just has bits that stick on. 

Edited by sorokyl
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

So now we know that The Scales of Victory was really quite foretelling in the models we would see... (spoilers from that short story below)

"followed by a scene of two drakes – one noble of aspect, another whose features were cast in shadow"

<spoiler>

We know that only two drakes survived Kragnos, and here they are. But from this story we also know that the seraphon have hatched many many drakes over many centuries, and that the biggest ones are approx the size of Bastiladon.

So, in the future perhaps we will see these adolescent Bastiladon sized drakes, as well as maybe whelps. 
</spoiler>

Anyone hopeful that putting these two from today in SCE is just a stop gap, and that later they will release more models and get their own book (a small faction, similar to Imperial Knights and Sons of Behemat?) One ray of hope is that unlike the Stardrake there is no SCE armor/iconography molded onto the body, the blue one just has bits that stick on. 

If we got an army like the Dragonkin and Dragon Aspects in Warcraft, then I would implode with happiness. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

52 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

They are clearly smaller and leaner than the current Star drakes, so no they aren't enormous. 

For the big boss of their races (Star drakes are only cousin I know), that's ridiculously small...

have you ever even seen a star drake?

The Dragons are awesome and just what I'd love to see from GW in terms of dragons. I also love that they have lost that blocky chest design that some of the bigger models have suffered from over the years (The Trygon for Tyranids and the Stardragon for AoS). Those are real wonderful dragons.

Now freaking heck GW give some other armies some dragons!! Please please please? Or some big winged reptile monsters or something. My Slaanesh/Ossiarchs/DoK need some monsters 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

So Karazais scars look like Lichtenberg Figures, what do we think went down?

Good catch, that does look a bit like what you'd get if you were hit by lightning. We know these brothers fought the dragon ogres in ancient times and they're pretty adept at summoning storms, electricity, bolts from heaven. Could be that.

Or... it could be a sign of why Karazai is wandering the realm of beasts while his brother holds court in High Azyr at Sigmar's right hand. Maybe there was a disagreement with the God King, things came to harsh words, then fisticuffs, then lightning bolts.

Edited by sandlemad