The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

I have a feeling said discounted box was Cursed City, it just had bad miscommunication and incorrect marketing :( but let’s not open that can of wyrms 

Pure conjecture here but .... If GW have made a loss on the production of CC due to not being able to shift enough units to cover the Dev costs, and this seems likely to me .... Then it would make sense for them to try and claw that back somehow .... They already have the model assets, tooling and design work done, and we know the CC skellies and zombies are being produced en masse as the new range rolls out .... It would therefore make sense to me if they changed the CC character war scrolls, popped them in either blisters or a character box & included them in the SGL book ... Print times come into this I guess .... So perhaps we won't see this at launch, but in a few months as an appendix

7 hours ago, Marius au said:

That warband is perfect.  This seasons warbands have been great, with the Slaanesh, Vampires and the Idoneth being the standouts in my view.

I hope it is a preview for a second wave of Idoneth, but the Crimson Court wasn't a great foreshadowing of the Soulblight Grave Lords, whereas the Slaanesh one was.

Same here, i really hope this warband could be a sample of what's next for IDK. I didnt get why CC wasnt a good foreshadowing of the SGL? 

Edited by CommodoreCass

5 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Rumours change fast, apparently some TV show trailer is now the hot item for Saturday?

Maybe. Think it’s because people have been seeing what has been previewed so far and making a guess. My preference would be Warhammer Old world or Horus Heresy but I wouldn’t be surprised about the animation/TV work they are doing. I’m not expecting anything AOS3 related and that’s mainly as Kragnos isn’t out yet. But I do think it’s coming due to the lack of books announced on Black Library day for AOS

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

Pure conjecture here but .... If GW have made a loss on the production of CC due to not being able to shift enough units to cover the Dev costs, and this seems likely to me .... Then it would make sense for them to try and claw that back somehow .... They already have the model assets, tooling and design work done, and we know the CC skellies and zombies are being produced en masse as the new range rolls out .... It would therefore make sense to me if they changed the CC character war scrolls, popped them in either blisters or a character box & included them in the SGL book ... Print times come into this I guess .... So perhaps we won't see this at launch, but in a few months as an appendix

Ah the new skellies and zombies are different to those in cursed city, but yes I do believe this, as a staff member all I genuinely know is that the models may return in a different format, whether that’s separate or in a reprint I have no clue though! But I think they will want to print the models with or without the game, maybe in a start collecting box... or what they did with black stone fortress cultists, only time will tell, but yea the new zombies have weapons and axes in skulls and that awesome such, and the new skellies have maces and alt weapons, CC only had zombies under gravestones and the skellies were mostly spear only but some had a sword(very few though) and I’m glad because they were push fit, and the new kit offers building options 

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely everyone online is going gangbusters for the Crab, hopefully GW takes notice or hasalready prepared more Crab units.

Crab carapace armoured soldiers, Crab people, Crab mounts. 

A literal Giant enemy Crab.

Crabs are just the best meme animals after frogs.

That said, I'd buy a crab-themed army. Or at least an Idoneth crab swarm.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely everyone online is going gangbusters for the Crab, hopefully GW takes notice or hasalready prepared more Crab units.

Gargant riding a crab perhaps?

• LOVE IT! 2

11 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

9th was announced at the end of May, whilst the final PA book (Phariah) released at the end of June.

They did have a very jampacked schedule playing catchup with PA books for a few weeks due to Covid and I'd go out on a limb and guess the same thing happened with the five month gap between Morathi and Teclis compared to the relatively close release of Be'lakor when it came to Broken Realms.

Thanks for the clarification. That does put a AoS3e preview saturday back in the realm of possibilities.

7 hours ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

More interesting to you but not me ;). I have been playing the fishy boiz for awhile and love that they are elves. H8ters gonna H8. The Deepkin have amazing lore and miniatures...but this is for rumours and not projecting our dislike for toy elves soooooo. 

I am not sure about getting a second wave of minis for the IDK. I would imagine a DOK treatment with new dice (hopefully these ones will be more functional) and a character which I am totally fine with. Regarding SBGL, I have my fingers crossed there will be some sort of discounted box. I won't be disappointed as I am not expecting an awesome box set the likes of the LRL during wave 1 but I won't be mad if we get one 😈.

I think they are amazing as minis but the lore lmao. They are basically unloved child/magic experiment and their main leader is a tool for morathi to use nowadays.... 

I don't mean to be negative but every single shadespire warband release you guys go crazy and hype new units / second waves that so far have never happened. I remember we had maybe a full year of darkoath/conan army hype. There is rarely any connection to AoS releases.

Edited by Svalack
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Svalack said:

I don't mean to be negative but every single shadespire warband release you guys go crazy and hype new units / second waves that so far have never happened. I remember we had maybe a full year of darkoath/conan army hype. There is rarely any connection to AoS releases.

Your not wrong...

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

image.png.ede2d5ffd7985e1497991e09942b4a8d.png

I dont believe this rumour engine is solved yet? ... Doesnt look like that crab in the warband

7 hours ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

More interesting to you but not me ;). I have been playing the fishy boiz for awhile and love that they are elves. H8ters gonna H8. The Deepkin have amazing lore and miniatures...but this is for rumours and not projecting our dislike for toy elves soooooo. 

I am not sure about getting a second wave of minis for the IDK. I would imagine a DOK treatment with new dice (hopefully these ones will be more functional) and a character which I am totally fine with. Regarding SBGL, I have my fingers crossed there will be some sort of discounted box. I won't be disappointed as I am not expecting an awesome box set the likes of the LRL during wave 1 but I won't be mad if we get one 😈.

Seeing how the net is hyped about the crab, it's safe to say that it generates more interest than the elves/other figures in the warband. Personally, I find the leader to be THE standout figure, very cool design, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing if they went off the Lovecraftian end if a lil crab already gets such positive reactions... that said, I'm all for them getting a sizable second wave, much like IJ, Fyreslayers, FEC and all those other IMO "half-done" armies should. But I like varied and big armies personally. Not being a fan of elves doesn't make me a HAYTOR zomg!!. I just find that there we got too many elven armies before we get other armies first that are just - if not more - iconic to Warhammer. The situation with Seraphon, Skaven and followers of Sigmar (CoS successor, which I guess will be mixed-race (as in true mixed race) is simply put an insolence to these races. The slow release situation makes the situation feel even worse.

I also believe the digital sculpting is in part responsible as they can crank stuff (or similar stuff) to things they already modeled...

If this thread is not meant to voice opinions (especially in regards to recent releases), then your second half is also unwanted exposition. Get a grip.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Svalack said:

I thought the same, but then we had a new bladelord in the lumineth warband, and then a few months later a bladelord unit.

Fully expect there to be archers in the next bonereapers wave. 

25 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

New crab friends for The Fish Wife!

395D4602-B341-46C9-97E9-8F224EC46941.jpeg

“Byrgenwerth...Byrgenwerth...Blasphemous murderers...Blood-crazed fiends...Atonement for the wretches...By the wrath of Mother Kos...Mercy for the poor, wizened child...Mercy, oh please...”

• Like 7