The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Tidings said:

Probably grasping at straws to call this a teaser, I think they just take requests for these. They do a lot of them; if they were all teasers for upcoming releases Christmas would be every month. 

Yes they answer requests, but they choose whatever they want. If it's not a teaser, I am pretty sure he is trolling.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malin said:

In my opinion, we might not get it at all, unfortunately. Why?

- End Times - we needed this to say goodbye to  the Old World, or world that was as we call it nowadays. Plus in typical Game of Thrones style cut few heads off, limbs, smash, crash, explode or kill bunch of Special characters with style. Next Big Bang, small light in space, curtain goes down. THE END Thank you for all the years you spent on WFB, but this is the END, thanks and bye - we can say those books were directed to good old customers

Next Chapter of the story

- Fast forward few thousand years, Badumm tssss. Realmgate Wars started. Why we needed those? To build up the scene for new conflict, there was no background for eight mortal realms up until this point, so here we go. We have a story through the realms in several books. Main protagonists are here, factions being introduced here and there. Story line to back up new releases. New worlds, new possibilities, new game - again we can assume, that those books were directed this time, to existing and new customers.

Story is advancing slowly with each new book, slowly, but still there is something going on. It may be possible that we will get campaign books if:

- new starter will pop up, with completely different factions, maybe Destruction vs. Death,

- completely new factions will get introduced: Slaanesh returns and he hates aelves more than ever, surprise, surprise?!

My few cents on the topic. Still it would be nice to get some new campaign books (give points values to battalions included there this time around ;) )

I'll add another cent. The global campaigns always increase sales (at least so a friend who worked in a store told me). So for that reason alone a new campaign book would make sense. 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

I'll add another cent. The global campaigns always increase sales (at least so a friend who worked in a store told me). So for that reason alone a new campaign book would make sense. 

Beside it really helps people understand narrative gaming better which seem like something that GW would appreciate. I would go for a another campaign book if they made one.

• Like 1

Got to be those Sea Aelfs wot we keep speculating about. Could be another part of that caterpillar/slug type thing we saw a few weeks ago.

3 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Beside it really helps people understand narrative gaming better which seem like something that GW would appreciate. I would go for a another campaign book if they made one.

Very true! And I like how they introduced the 40k one with, paraphrasing, you can participate by winning playing painting it doesn't matter what your favorite part of the hobby is. 

So there will be 10 codexes (codici?) before christmas. Doesn't Sound too good for AoS :( but it's understandable, 40k is quite incomplete as a game without them as lots of new armybuilding ideas they have will be fleshed out in them.

Edited by Jamopower

11 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

So there will be 10 codexes (codici?) before christmas. Doesn't Sound too good for AoS :( but it's understmadable, 40k is quite incomplete as a game without them as lots of new armybuilding ideas they have will be fleshed out in them.

why doesn't GW Switch to an every other month release Schedule?  AOS, 40K, AOS, 40K, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikosan said:

The 40K extra time seems like it will be a lot more productive than the extra time AoS got xD

Well, 40K doesn't need to reinvent the wheel.  The factions will stay as they are - AoS on the other hand was liberated and we've got some amazing things from it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

And comes to 2 a month, for what that's worth.  I just hope that Age of Sigmar gets more than just the GH2 in that time.  I mean, it probably will, but I still hope for that.

I'll bet most of those books will be like Seraphon - no new models.  Some months will be big 40K with a book and models.  Some will be big AoS with a 40K snuck in there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

I'll bet most of those books will be like Seraphon - no new models.  Some months will be big 40K with a book and models.  Some will be big AoS with a 40K snuck in there.

Agreed. If I had to guess... I'd probably put about 6-7 of them being 'no model' releases. 

I think GW have learnt what they did wrong with AoS and the Grand Alliance books, and from a first glance, look like they're taking the right approach with 40k. Rather than focus on all the new factions first, it looks like they're going to get out codex releases for the factions that aren't going to change much.

Then they can focus their effort on factions they want to split up (but importantly, weren't split up straight away in one big bang) and creating new factions/races as well.

That being said, 40k gets the benefit of not having it's world destroyed, and having the critical mass of players where they can afford to do this. Support the existing players first, then entice them into new armies later.