The Rumour Thread

Best. Preview. Ever.

I don’t collect any of that stuff anymore and even so, I couldn’t be more excited by it! Beautiful, beautiful models and I’m so thrilled to see the Lumineth range getting expanded. It probably wouldn’t feel so soon if the initial range had dropped when it was supposed to and it’s always a genuine pleasure to see incredible sculpts dropping for any faction. 

Most of all, I get a real sense that GW is trying to keep this stuff moving and play catch-up on things that probably should have some out several months ago by now, if not for 2020.  Keep it coming! 

• Like 1

Nice looking previews- as usual amazing models. But as someone who already has an LON collection and wants very little of the new stuff - I was really hoping for a Battletome Soulblight Gravelords announcement to just have a birds-eye-view idea of the army. 
   I think they will still merge a lot of old and new together in the tome and there are lots of rumors of FEC joining in. But I still want that confirmation !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rosa said:

Is there any date yet for Warhammer Quest?

I really love what I have seen and NOW is the hype! Now! Amd not in 2 months...

This game should be available in 1-2 weeks!?!?

Gw previews tend to operate on a roughly 3 month cycle. So I would estimate we will see Lumineth and Warhammer Quest within the next 3 months. Belkor and a few of the others might be a touch longer as they were more teases then previews. 

I would expect Lumineth first then Warhammer Quest so we are perhaps looking at 1-2 months perhaps 3. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Gw previews tend to operate on a roughly 3 month cycle. So I would estimate we will see Lumineth and Warhammer Quest within the next 3 months. Belkor and a few of the others might be a touch longer as they were more teases then previews. 

I would expect Lumineth first then Warhammer Quest so we are perhaps looking at 1-2 months perhaps 3. 

I doubt it’s 3 months away or I don’t think they’d have shown the whole box. 

Ok, that was a lot to unpack. And for me, the best preview to date (none of that silly gun and tank nonsense).

So

- I don’t care for Lumineth, they don’t appeal to me. But man they have taken a step 8n the right direction here. Still think the cow, fox and kangaroos are a bit odd and would have preferred possibly yak cavalry. But these are my own design gripes. I still have a hole left for the Ulthuan style. 

-The Wight King is not a Blood Dragon, but thats cool, because that Wight King is quite possibly cooler than most vampire Cavalry, a true and utter amazing piece.

-Gardus is dope, killer pose, turns out that armour is much more flexible than I imagined, Might be my first Stormcast mini, to convert of course.

- Cursed city is just a treasure trove, I might need 2, maybe 3. Corpse Eater the Ogor hero is just jaw droppingly good, so are the Ogor zombies, I want a whole unit and possibly. Converted Corpse ester lead them. Which is a shame, because the Wulf, the Vampire Ogor lord of Ulfenkarn, is not. Good mini.. the concept is there, but I think the wolf pelt isn’t doing much for it, I honestly think him and his Chamberlain bro are the weakest out of the whole box, which is mad considering they’re top 2 villains. The wizards look amazing, the Zombies are everything I want out of undead. The Goth Kid vamp wolves are cool, but I’d drop the swords for claws and wings to go with the aesthetic. Now, that Varghskyr (whats the issue with Varghulf?) is the star of the whole damn show. I love it, I want several, I want one untouched, I want several converted. i want to make it a strigoi lord, I want to make it a mount, a daemon prince. So many lives fir tha5 big bad mother bat to lead. 

- and lastly that is one powerful Mike drop to walk out on GW. I’m worrie that Be’lakor will come ith more Slaves to Darkness goodness, I’m too invested in undead at the moment to split myself like that, Guess I’ll have to find a way to make Be’lakor an undead ... I reckon he’ll be a fantastic base for an Ushoran 😬

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...so many emotions going through my head right now.

The Lumineth models, really gorgeous! Happy for all the Lumineth players out there, especially if geedubs will allow for some way for those with the older rulebook to get the new rules.

The Underworlds Bonesplittaz - not my favourite range, but they full of character and that shaman would look great as replacement to the main generic variant for AoS.

But

Where the hype train gets going is here.

SOULBLIGHT WIGHT KING!!!!! Oh my Lord Choice, that model looks so heccin' fabulous! It's drawn straight from the good old days of Vampire Counts - or rather, how I remember as a kid looking at the now-crusty-looking hero models for Vampire Counts. My undead-loving heart skipped with joy!!!

And that leads to, of course, the WaHa Quest characters. UNDEAD OGORS! AWESOME ENEMIES! And the heroes? Oh my, the heroes are INCREDIBLE! I know my favourite is already the knightess and I cannot wait to get my hands on Cursed City and start a grimdark adventure.

All in all, absolutely fantastic event, GW really did a home run here.

• Like 2

Just now, SirSalabean said:

How much Dow we think Lumineth stuff will be? I’m hoping the Roos aren’t £42 like the new seekers. When are we expecting a release for them? 

Expect the new cavalry to be in the £40s it seems to be where GW is going with prices for mounted units :(

23 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I feel like we're going to be here in six months still waiting for Soulblight to be shown off.

You might be joking, but Gravelords could be a candidate for the AoS 3.0 starter boxes if we see a summer(ish) release. The next edition could be their initial launch with a 3.0 battletome from the get-go. The Soul Wars are over and there's no need for Nighthaunt to stay prominent.

Edited by Bayul
a word
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1