The Rumour Thread

Time will tell. It seems that they are not far away. 

2 minutes ago, Arentius said:

"Mountain Stance" might not be their ability, that might be a Lumineth one, and the Stonegaurds ability is a natural -1 to ignore, and mountain is another -1 that stacks with it

I hope you are right, the game doesn't need a whole new subfaction with "ignore rend -1, can stack" ability.

• Like 2

Ignoring rend on a unit of elite, melee infantry (presumably with only 1 wound each, maybe 2) does not seem particularly unreasonable, I'd imagine they're not going to have many or any abilities that return slain models like, say, OBR.  And if you're having to take a tactical trade-off of, say, using mountain stance to buff defence over some other stance which makes them above average on offense, or whatever, that doesn't seem out of line.

Not to say that there's no possible way the balancing could ever be off with a new faction (or old faction, for that matter!) but this example seems fine to me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

AT LONG LAST - NURGLE PALANQUIN AKA EPIDEMIUS

a re-imagining of epi would be amazeballs.

I can't see Sons of Behemat being released until the the lumineth release loop is out of the way, however I'm hoping for some community pages to start seeding some lore or content to us in the next couple of weeks to warm us up hopefully.

I just want to add that I  think Teclis' storm of searing white light thing (probably the sun refelcting off his perfect elf teeth) is very chaos-ist.

I mean what has chaos ever done to him?

I mean if it wasn't for Arky, he'd still be a coughing spluttering anaemic high smurf, thanks to the big A, he's now a god. And he gets a big hat.

I mean... who doesn't like a big hat - its up there with topknots in the warhammer world.

Typical elven gratitude for you.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't be too worried until we've seen their allegiance abilities in full, sure they sound tough but we're only looking at one unit of elite infantry here that might need the added protection and Teclis who it kind of makes sense would be able to cast 4 spells guaranteed considering he's a god and magic is kinda his shtick. Personally I quite like the theme going on with the mountain stance my guess is there might not be be a river or zephyr stance as well going off the veiled wizard and the kind of elemental theme they've got going for them. I can't wait to see what the Sons of Behemat are getting, I'm hoping they're good but not broken/way too good, I guess being such low model count would help balance them even if they were incredibly powerful though.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Lumineth will be getting their own novel as well it seems. Good to see Hedonites will be in it as well.

Vk~3~r3LA8-wJ7-e.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/13/rise-of-the-realm-lordsgw-homepage-post-2/

there's an elf who's upset about not being a chaos Dwarf right there. He's even balancing his Hashut mask on top of his pointy hat. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

These Lumineth rules are starting to worry me. Sounding more OP than bone daddies. 

Sons of Behemat news when? 

Probably wont see any Sons news untill closer to the Lumineth release if not after.

51 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

a re-imagining of epi would be amazeballs.

I can't see Sons of Behemat being released until the the lumineth release loop is out of the way, however I'm hoping for some community pages to start seeding some lore or content to us in the next couple of weeks to warm us up hopefully.

I just want to add that I  think Teclis' storm of searing white light thing (probably the sun refelcting off his perfect elf teeth) is very chaos-ist.

I mean what has chaos ever done to him?

I mean if it wasn't for Arky, he'd still be a coughing spluttering anaemic high smurf, thanks to the big A, he's now a god. And he gets a big hat.

I mean... who doesn't like a big hat - its up there with topknots in the warhammer world.

Typical elven gratitude for you.

I'm guessing mid July for the Sons at this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

These Lumineth rules are starting to worry me. Sounding more OP than bone daddies. 

Sons of Behemat news when? 

We haven't seen much that does large amounts of damage yet. The light has a great profile but d3 damage isn't exactly amazing. Only Teclis can fly and he almost certainly isn't a combat piece. We haven't seen anything nearly as deadly as the obr catapult yet and we haven't seen a deepstike option yet. 

It looks like an army that will be very good at holding objectives but not necessarily at going and getting them Especially as they don't seem to have a good way of dealing with screens yet. 

I wonder if they've decided that Teclis's army will be the anvil and Tyrion's will be the hammer. 

• Like 2

Am I the only one that gets annoyed when sees that Teclis is not a general in his own army because rule-wise you almost never choose a named character as general???

There’s End Times collection in digital at a “special price” but when looking at it is 33£, anyone knows what’s the full price? Or how much is the discount of this special price?

• Sad 1

Maybe this is a bit presumptive, but it's kind of weird to see ignoring rend as a new defensive ability since it conflicts with the more recent re-rolling save abilities. What I mean is, the way you deal with re-rolling saves is generally having rend. But if things start to just ignore rend en-masse, then that tactic is just shut down. Generally the answer to deal with ignoring rend is to just to not bring rend at all so you aren't wasting points. Wear them down over time with volume to get the edge on attrition. This doesn't create a scenario that you can work around with tactics, it creates no win situations. If you bring rend to deal with rerolling saves, then you lose to ignore rend. If you bring the bodies to deal with ignoring rend, you'll lose to rerolling saves. If you try to go somewhere in the middle and you run into a skew of either you get completely destroyed anyway. All you can do is hope that you don't run into your counter.

It should be mentioned that mortal wounds can answer both, but very few units can generate the necessary damage without magic and relying on that against the likes of OBR (Nagash and Arkhan) or the Lumineth (Teclis, maybe others?) doesn't seem viable.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheR00zle said:

Sorry I'm late, but can we agree that Female Fyreslayers are some scary girls? I'd love some models of them.

I definitely agree, if they did that we might even be able to get faction expansions for them. Or who knows, maybe the mythical and rare Chaos Dwarfs may make an appearance in plastic. Not that any of this is likely at all.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

I definitely agree, if they did that we might even be able to get faction expansions for them. Or who knows, maybe the mythical and rare Chaos Dwarfs may make an appearance in plastic. Not that any of this is likely at all.

What are you talking about? in the past year we've gotten two(!) new plastic chaos dwarfs, granted their both part of a unit and not standalone models but it counts!

• Like 7

Thirded on female duardin models, would be great for a large number of reasons but especially for showing how amazingly diverse the Mortal Realms are and what they offer.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

That is one Badass cover it looks awesome!! I cannot wait for the Sons to get a Black Library novel.

Agreed on both!  :D

I'm really loving the focus on both the bullhelms as the new aelven figureheads and how majestic the realm of light is, the prismatic skies give it this constant Auroral Borealis look that's both beautiful and matches the Norse mythology tones. Plus the prismatic crystals on the grounds both match up with Hysh's symmetry and give that awesome AoS flair as well.

On top of that I adore the lore bit in this, I thought the Lumineth were blocking the hits but they conjure a force-field around their bodies that blocks everything which is awesome and plays into the mountain theme.

Gives credence to their tall helms too, the size and horns just adds to the impenetrable wall they make.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Thirded on female duardin models, would be great for a large number of reasons but especially for showing how amazingly diverse the Mortal Realms are and what they offer.

Agreed on both!  :D

I'm really loving the focus on both the bullhelms as the new aelven figureheads and how majestic the realm of light is, the prismatic skies give it this constant Auroral Borealis look that's both beautiful and matches the Norse mythology tones. Plus the prismatic crystals on the grounds both match up with Hysh's symmetry and give that awesome AoS flair as well.

On top of that I adore the lore bit in this, I thought the Lumineth were blocking the hits but they conjure a force-field around their bodies that blocks everything which is awesome and plays into the mountain theme.

Gives credence to their tall helms too, the size and horns just adds to the impenetrable wall they make.

I don't know about those bull helmets, I feel like my Forge Temple has been robbed........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

There’s End Times collection in digital at a “special price” but when looking at it is 33£, anyone knows what’s the full price? Or how much is the discount of this special price?

The books were about $100 CAD a piece when released (the Skaven one maybe was $80).  So imagine 250 pound sterling 5 years ago (in the height of Kirby era pricing).  Granted the books were two part so not actually as bad as the early AoS campaign books.

Keep in mind you are buying campaign and rulebooks for an edition that is 5 years dead.  I feel this is GW attracting people who left their customer base 5 years ago, paired with the Old World setting.  "come back and spend money at our web store when we made a game you played"

• Thanks 1

Don't forget those books had a lot of story and artwork. For many the art and story are more than worth the cost even if the rules are old and outdated. Heck just look at people who collect print editions of old codex and rulebooks for the material. GW realised a long time ago that artwork and lore are BIG things that interest people and help get them hooked on their games beyond the rules. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

The books were about $100 CAD a piece when released (the Skaven one maybe was $80).  So imagine 250 pound sterling 5 years ago (in the height of Kirby era pricing).  Granted the books were two part so not actually as bad as the early AoS campaign books.

Keep in mind you are buying campaign and rulebooks for an edition that is 5 years dead.  I feel this is GW attracting people who left their customer base 5 years ago, paired with the Old World setting.  "come back and spend money at our web store when we made a game you played"

not sure promoting the much maligned Endtimes would be the right way to do so

I think they just selling what ever stuff they can during this global downturn

They promoted the End Times at the bottom of the Kislev warrior article too, "read about their apocalyptic end here".

So it's probably a mix of selling something during the epidemic, promoting the game and reminding people (especially the in denial bunch) it's the Horus Heresy of Age of Sigmar and will be treated as such.

50 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

I don't know about those bull helmets, I feel like my Forge Temple has been robbed........

Look at it less like that and more that it's new members of the Mortal Realms Tall Awesome Hat Convention to set beside them and Nagash. ;)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

What are you talking about? in the past year we've gotten two(!) new plastic chaos dwarfs, granted their both part of a unit and not standalone models but it counts!

Hold up which ones? Are they on FW, I thought that they only did resin sculpts. Oh wait they are the ones from the warcry sets right? I want to see the army in plastic, that is the point at which I will buy into Hashut's greed.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 3

Yeah he meant Warcry. With the move to show duardin are more diverse in their chaos worship with any of the Dark Gods I imagine we'll eventually get a Slaves to Darkness duardin army with Hashut as a sub-faction allegiance.

7 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

Personally I quite like the theme going on with the mountain stance my guess is there might not be be a river or zephyr stance as well going off the veiled wizard and the kind of elemental theme they've got going for them. I

I'm betting River will get one as that kind of martial art is iconic but wind and zenith probably will mix it up with something new to their themes (like maybe wind bringing more magic armored troops as their souls are free like wind and zenith being aether-ships that sail between realms).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Don't forget those books had a lot of story and artwork. For many the art and story are more than worth the cost even if the rules are old and outdated. Heck just look at people who collect print editions of old codex and rulebooks for the material. GW realised a long time ago that artwork and lore are BIG things that interest people and help get them hooked on their games beyond the rules. 

This is me. Artwork and Lore are major reasons I got into and have stayed in the hobby. I buy Army Books/Battletomes for their Art and more importantly their Lore as I dont Wargame that much at all.

• Like 1