The Rumour Thread

Double warbands is great and makes them out to be a nice "half full unit" each doublebox and hopefully with discount. That's great news! 

Also it seems that yes, Slaves Endless Spells ARE spikes. All are very spiky! Looking like a great boom for the end of the year with a lot of solid releases! Loving the new Chaos warriors and knights

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 10:37 AM, Overread said:

£90 is what some of the ebay resellers are trying to sell off the Ossiarch half from Feast of Bones for! Even though its still a discount from retail that's extreme considering the Feast of Bones price on Element Games. Though I'd wager those boxes might shift fairly fast, actually surprised they've still got them unless its stock people don't realise they are holding. 

Our FLGS has about 5 lying around and sold them for 20% of black friday (weekend). 

And that's the second store I saw them lying around. Curious to see how well they actually sold. 

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

Double warbands is great and makes them out to be a nice "half full unit" each doublebox and hopefully with discount. That's great news! 

I am interested in the rules since not every Warband has the same amount of models, also there are one or two more warbands missing 🤔. 65$ is great if you don‘t have to buy a Warband box twice.

The rules are already on the GW webstore for the warcry warbands - havebeen since they launched. You can check them out right now. 

Basically each warband has a few unique models per number value to build them up - these just increase. So an Untamed full warband will have 4 spear and 4 lions and 4 big leader guys. Heck even regular unit leaders just have +1 attacks most times. They are very neatly statted to work - they basically replace marauders on foot with some basic themes. I predict Iron Golems will be very popular as they've the best overall armour of them all. 

Chaos Lord:

To versions: big blade and sword or big blade and flail. the big blade is 3 attacks +3/+3 -2 2 damage, the sword 3 attacks 3+/3+ -1 1 damage and the flail are 6 attacks 4+/4+, -2, 1 damage. 

He has the traditional mark of the gods habilities

with natural 6 to hit with the big blade it deals 1 extra mortal wound 

I can't read properly his command hability, but basically it allows one slaves to darkness unit to fight one extra time during combat phase or something on those lines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

I was hoping they'd say more about the Warcry book, given that they've said absolutely nothing about it so far other than it existing. Mostly I'm keen to see if they're finally adding more playable warbands, the intersection between armies I play and legal to play in Warcry is almost nil so far and it's annoying.

Hi there! Let me translate you what I'm able to see in the spanish Chaos Lord warscroll card.

You have to choose one of the three different weapons: Reaper blade, deamonbound steel and deamonbound flail (in that orden of apearance in the stats).

Deamonbound weapon. If the unmodified hit roll for an attack made  is 6, that attack inflicts 1 mortal wound on the target in addition to any normal damage.

Sorry but the command ability is to small to guess!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

Basically each warband has a few unique models per number value to build them up - these just increase. So an Untamed full warband will have 4 spear and 4 lions and 4 big leader guys. Heck even regular unit leaders just have +1 attacks most times. They are very neatly statted to work - they basically replace marauders on foot with some basic themes. I predict Iron Golems will be very popular as they've the best overall armour of them all. 

I know these but I hoped they‘d be streamlined for the game-flow‘s sake.

I expect sth. Like this (only one melee weapon)

melee Weapon:

Gladiator weapons: -Some Values-

special rule: as long as -Model with Weapon- is alive on a unmodified hit/wound roll of 6 the Unit causes „Add rule fitting for the adequate warband‘s special weapon here“

this Warband can have one leader per 16/18/20 models.

—-> less special models.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

@JackStreicher the rules are pretty much like that. 

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//ENG_Warcry_AoS_Warscroll_UntamedBeasts.pdf

There's the Untamed Beasts. 2 weapons of which one is the ranged spear (so only applies to 1 in every 9 models). The "leader" models get one extra attack; the rocktusk cats are the same just with an extra wound and the spear unit has a regular close combat weapon and the spear. All very streamlined and simple. The unit is based out of blocks of 9 models (how many come in a box) and its upper limit is 36 models (ergo 2 of the new boxes).

Points 70 - (280)
9-36 models. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

@JackStreicher the rules are pretty much like that. 

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//ENG_Warcry_AoS_Warscroll_UntamedBeasts.pdf

There's the Untamed Beasts. 2 weapons of which one is the ranged spear (so only applies to 1 in every 9 models). The "leader" models get one extra attack; the rocktusk cats are the same just with an extra wound and the spear unit has a regular close combat weapon and the spear. All very streamlined and simple. The unit is based out of blocks of 9 models (how many come in a box) and its upper limit is 36 models (ergo 2 of the new boxes).

Points 70 - (280)
9-36 models. 

True, but those rules are a bit overloaded ( 1 in 9, 2 in 9 etc etc). Also iron golems are just awful xD

2 minutes ago, Zappgrot said:

man i was hoping they simplify the rules for the warcry warbands.  They are a bit more detailed then needed IMHO. Not really fitting in whit the general playstyle of  AOS:

But they are already as simple as other units? 

Seriously that Untamed link is no more complex than a unit with banners, leader, musician and unit ability - save that mutiple units of the same kind actually have an effect beyond redundancy (having two banners at once doesn't stack abilities, however two rocktusks means you've two models with 2 wounds instead of 1-  for example). That's pretty much as bare-bones simple as you can get, whilst at the same time working within the limits of the box and what it can build. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

70 points for 10 wounds with a 4 up potentially rerollable save and a shooting attack doesnt seem awful to me. Not exactly exciting but the last two books have had a lot of power baked into the allegiance abilites and subfactions so its a bit early to asses the warcry warscrolls.

Edited by Spears
  • Like 2

Considering they are new this year I'd not expect to see changes. I'd expect to find out what the "cultist" keyword works with and what the allegiance abilities are in the Tome. After that the points I'd also expect to stay the same - the only thing we might see is a point discount for full units, but they are pretty cheap already (esp by AoS unit prices)

28 minutes ago, Overread said:

Considering they are new this year I'd not expect to see changes. I'd expect to find out what the "cultist" keyword works with and what the allegiance abilities are in the Tome. After that the points I'd also expect to stay the same - the only thing we might see is a point discount for full units, but they are pretty cheap already (esp by AoS unit prices)

On the other hand, Ironjawz were new this year in the GHB, and saw massive changes in the army book.  We really have no idea what is coming.