The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's because GW isn't doing this, they are doing it through a 3rd party company who handle the magazines and distribution. GW just provides the models for packing. The magazine company has restricted regions that they work in which explains why this isn't a global release. GW might also be limiting it because of expected volume of production and GW's own capacity to produce for it. 

why didn't you just say taht it is THE MANDALORIAN RELEASE all over again but with WARHAMMER ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(
*cry* *cry* *cry* *cry*
XD

Edited by JackStreicher

46 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Interestingly the nighthaunt has a mortis engine included which isn't in the armylist.

Maybe we'll finally see the rest of Death get filled out with books and new models and Legions of Nagash gets deconstructed and the Mortis engine will fall into Nighthaunt.

12 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

And another stormcast exclusive model that happens be a "badass female" trope. 

Oh well at least we can all try and get loads of cheap chainrasps. 

Meh, I'm enoyed that its stormcast again,there going the space marine route.And I get they want to have more option with putting a female stormcast wizard ,but its still a stormcast so meh.

27 minutes ago, Overread said:

See as a non Nighthaunt player it surprises me that the biggest ghost vehicle after the coach isn't in the ghost army! 

Yeah I think they had plans for Malignants but then dropped them. The Start Collecting is still branded Malignants, that is super funny cause it's an allegiance that never existed and is basically a Start Collecting for Legions but without any unit you would normally start building from to form a Legions army...

The timing also of this announcement is weird because clashes with the battleforces. I know it's going to be over probably 2 years at least, but I can choose between few models now or both armies slowly across 2 years? I guess the answer is depends of what type of buyer you are... Personally I was undecided with Nighthaunt battleforce but since I already subscribed to Mortal Realms I'll just wait, not in a rush to paint ghost number 100...

7 minutes ago, The lord of murder said:

Meh, I'm enoyed that its stormcast again,there going the space marine route.And I get they want to have more option with putting a female stormcast wizard ,but its still a stormcast so meh.

Stormcast and Nighthaunt were a given - they've got all the pushfit and marketing behind both armies to be starter forces. For the whole of 2.0 that's going to be the case for both those forces. Now when 3.0 drops GW might well change it up and use two totally different armies as the marketing focus for the edition. Or at the very least drop Nighthaunt and focus on another army. 

It was no surprise to me that it was SC and Nighthaunt for this product; remember whilst established gamers will jump all over it; its core target market is beginners who might have very few to no model resources. A magazine subscription that gives them paints and tools and models and terrain - basically all in one.They can even split it with a friend - one half taking SC and the other Nighthaunt (split between two the monthy costs go way down on the subscription) 

3 hours ago, willange said:

I really don't agree with the (seeming) concensus that there will a Gargant faction coming up.  I mean, yes, they did say some "giant" was coming, but I just don't see it happening soon.  I guess it's more of a gut feeling than anything concrete.

Also that last little "hysh-hysh" line is just another example of the GW dad-puns.  That one almost definitely means nothing which is funny since Hysh Aelves would've been a likely new army in my opinion.

Well, not only that, but Whitefang seems to be hinting at a Gargant faction. He accurately predicted the Slaves to Darkness update months ago, even mentioning specifically the new Chaos Knights and Chaos Lord models. He kind of got some hate and denial for that when he first said it, but was proven right in the end. That doesn't exclude Hysh Aelves also being hinted at. Could be two separate factions hinted at in that same article. Two new factions for AoS would counter-balance the Fantasy news I guess was the mindset?

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

It’s literally just the same as the male equivalent, but a woman. It’s not a trope. There’s no ‘badass male’ trope trotted out whenever a male character is released. Women are as badass as men are. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

They're... Stormcast. They're all "badass". 

Is there something you want to say about how you feel about women...? This comes up a lot, dude.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Stormcast and Nighthaunt were a given - they've got all the pushfit and marketing behind both armies to be starter forces. For the whole of 2.0 that's going to be the case for both those forces. Now when 3.0 drops GW might well change it up and use two totally different armies as the marketing focus for the edition. Or at the very least drop Nighthaunt and focus on another army. 

It was no surprise to me that it was SC and Nighthaunt for this product; remember whilst established gamers will jump all over it; its core target market is beginners who might have very few to no model resources. A magazine subscription that gives them paints and tools and models and terrain - basically all in one.They can even split it with a friend - one half taking SC and the other Nighthaunt (split between two the monthy costs go way down on the subscription) 

I know what its for and why we get them,dosen t mean I like it.As a Eldar/Aeldar player in 40k every time I see space marine pattern I go''arghhh''.What I am waiting for is the shadow aelves.The light ones would be cool to see because I wanna see how Gw does there theme ,but I have no interest in them ,especially when its Tyrion Mc'' cuck my king and give the  ever child the curse of khaine because I couldn t keep my tunic closed for a fraking year''is leading them...And after reading the idoneth lore it seems that his twin dumbass has not learned from his past as well.I was hoping for Finubars return as  ''The lord of the deep'' and becoming Mathlann avatar/reincarnation and sinking those to numbskulls to the dark deep with Morathi to if we are at it.

Edited by The lord of murder

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

Is there something you want to say about how you feel about women...? This comes up a lot, dude.

My issue is that GW has sort of started forcing "diversity" into both 40k and AoS in the last few years. To me it doesn't feel like it's been handled in a natural and realistic way. It can come across as their being a quota. In particular the fact that the majority of the stormcast exclusive models have been named female characters. It seems like they really want to show off their diversity. 

It feels like Warhammer, rather than being the sort of harder fantasy world, has beant it's own rules to ensure a certain level of gender representation. 

With all the culture wars stuff going on sometimes you just want fantasy to be fantasy in the traditional vein. 

It honestly isn't a big thing or something I think about much. It's just another thing to sort of roll my eyes about when I see these exclusive stormcast models. 

I have absolutely no issue with women, I love my partner, the women in my family and I respect my female colleagues. But warhammer has always been a "boys and their toys" space and it doesn't need to be liberalised or diversified. 

I hope you can see where I'm coming from even if you don't agree.

Anyway didn't mean to go so off topic. To end I would have preferred a cool and gender neutral exclusive nighthaunt model. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

I can understand his point, as a black guy I am going to point out the new sister of battle canoness, her nose is freaking huge. I can see what GW is aiming for, but they kinda missed the mark in my opinion. Got plenty of female black friends and their noses aren't like that. All I can do is raise my eyebrow. To me that model just seems like a quota just like Hollow said. 

I mean hell, we still don't have a Gardus model for the hallowed knights considering how popular he is. Why do they all need to be hammers of sigmar? 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

My issue is that GW has sort of started forcing "diversity" into both 40k and AoS in the last few years. To me it doesn't feel like it's been handled in a natural and realistic way. It can come across as their being a quota. In particular the fact that the majority of the stormcast exclusive models have been named female characters. It seems like they really want to show off their diversity. 

It feels like Warhammer, rather than being the sort of harder fantasy world, has beant it's own rules to ensure a certain level of gender representation. 

With all the culture wars stuff going on sometimes you just want fantasy to be fantasy in the traditional vein. 

It honestly isn't a big thing or something I think about much. It's just another thing to sort of roll my eyes about when I see these exclusive stormcast models. 

I have absolutely no issue with women, I love my partner, the women in my family and I respect my female colleagues. But warhammer has always been a "boys and their toys" space and it doesn't need to be liberalised or diversified. 

I hope you can see where I'm coming from even if you don't agree.

Anyway didn't mean to go so off topic. To end I would have preferred a cool and gender neutral exclusive nighthaunt model. 

Meh to be honest I don t mind diversity where it can be applied with out a lot of mental gymnastics and lore recctoning.And the number of female characters/models that gw added don t feel so forced as other fantasy/sci fi ip .Heck I would say they do a better job then other ips.What I would like to see is more female special characters/generals then army units. The few girls that we have in our shop that play 40k(they don t like aos unfortunately) went full howling banshee wen they saw the new sisters of battle.

Ok I got baited of topic a little.As for the subject at hand I wouldn t mind a ''gargant'' army.But the would need to be closer to the old sky titans from fantasy.4-6 ''Gargant'' units with a lot of weapon options with a fully armored leader and some small army support of cultist/slaves/servence would be kind of cool. 

Edited by The lord of murder
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

To me it doesn't feel like it's been handled in a natural and realistic way. It can come across as their being a quota.

AoS's background has a long, long way to go before its realms will feel like a truly good setting IMO, but hopefully it'll get there - right now we can only judge it by standards of similar or related settings and in there an overabundance of females would feel "off". Anyways, totally agreed about the female quota - a female character is cool if done right; e.g. Ripley or Sarah Connor (funny how old examples from the 80s are so much superior to the new brand of "super-OP-mega-female chars). If not, it feels tacky and the creators will whine about sexist man-pigs not being open enough to give them a chance. Which is simply an excuse.

It's really simple: all they need to do is make/write them good. The Avengers scene with all females was cringe-worthy. That Bat-Woman thing from the show was pathetic ("suit's gonna be perfect when it fits a woman!"), Ripley was awesome, despite some cheesy stuff and lines ("get away from her, you b...!" "mommy!"). All that's needed are a few things: good characters, a plausible explanation and not a single guy (except for idiots) would ever dream of complaining about a female figure in a work of fiction or otherwise. In the case of Stormcast Eternals it's kinda unusual to see many women, as "realistically" (based on humanity's history, even if that doesn't really apply in fantasy), not many females would become legendary warriors that get reborn as SCEs but whatever. I feel the female characters work much better in more rag-tag units like barbarians or an all-female force but it doesn't bother me yet in Warhammer. Could be done more organically but it's kinda difficult here as well to be fair. Either way, long story short: get good writers and lots of things will work that might feel tacky otherwise. Especially when I look at Hollywood that advise is much-needed: so few movies nowadays have decent scripts, feels like a lost art.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MitGas said:

AoS's background has a long, long way to go before its realms will feel like a truly good setting IMO, but hopefully it'll get there - right now we can only judge it by standards of similar or related settings and in there an overabundance of females would feel "off". Anyways, totally agreed about the female quota - a female character is cool if done right; e.g. Ripley or Sarah Connor (funny how old examples from the 80s are so much superior to the new brand of "super-OP-mega-female chars). If not, it feels tacky and the creators will whine about sexist man-pigs not being open enough to give them a chance. Which is simply an excuse.

It's really simple: all they need to do is make/write them good. The Avengers scene with all females was cringe-worthy. That Bat-Woman thing from the show was pathetic ("suit's gonna be perfect when it fits a woman!"), Ripley was awesome, despite some cheesy stuff and lines ("get away from her, you b...!" "mommy!"). All that's needed are a few things: good characters, a plausible explanation and not a single guy (except for idiots) would ever dream of complaining about a female figure in a work of fiction or otherwise. In the case of Stormcast Eternals it's kinda unusual to see many women, as "realistically" (based on humanity's history, even if that doesn't really apply in fantasy), not many females would become legendary warriors that get reborn as SCEs but whatever. I feel the female characters work much better in more rag-tag units like barbarians or an all-female force but it doesn't bother me yet in Warhammer. Could be done more organically but it's kinda difficult here as well to be fair. Either way, long story short: get good writers and lots of things will work that might feel tacky otherwise. Especially when I look at Hollywood that advise is much-needed: so few movies nowadays have decent scripts, feels like a lost art.

I disagree on stormcasts, Sigmar doesn't really pick them based on how strong they are but more on their character and inner spirit than anything else. Hell Gardus was a simple hospice priest who tried to fight off chaos with candlesticks and endured Nurgle messing with his patients. The whole reforging process makes the strength issue moot point.

The opposite is for chaos, the gods like you more depending on how strong you are and how far you are willing to go to give them more souls, that's when they will empower you. 

I can say a lot on this subject, but I think the topic will veer off if this discussion is pursued. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Wait, which Whitefang rumours now. I've lost track of what they've said or haven't said.

In this thread a few pages back. He said consider a complete revamp of the Aleguzzler Gargants as a faction similar to Imperial Knights. Then when the rumor pic of the hammer looking thing came out, someone said a Chaos Gargant and he said not necessarily Chaos. Then finally in response to this:

On 11/19/2019 at 12:09 PM, HorticulusTGA said:

Are we really getting a new "Destruction Giant" aka Sons Of Behemat faction ?

He posted this:

On 11/19/2019 at 12:10 PM, Whitefang said:

;)

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, FFJump said:

In this thread a few pages back. He said consider a complete revamp of the Aleguzzler Gargants as a faction similar to Imperial Knights. Then when the rumor pic of the hammer looking thing came out, someone said a Chaos Gargant and he said not necessarily Chaos. Then finally in response to this:

He posted this:

I think it's going to be interesting to have a Gargant faction, those who like painting big models are most likely going to have a blast with it. 

• Like 1

Just now, shinros said:

I think it's going to be interesting to have a Gargant faction, those who like painting big models are most likely going to have a blast with it. 

That would be me lol. I always wanted Sky Titans from Fantasy as a faction after their lore in the Ogre Kingdoms army book. This would be a good replacement. I for one, welcome our lumbering, drunk, villager crushing overlords.

• Like 3

I just did a quick count. If you include the exclusive minis, there are now 26 male characters and 6 female characters in the range. If you just count exclusive models it's 4 male, 3 female. If you start when gw first introduced female Stormcast it is 10 male and 6 female. That doesn't feel like too many in a fantasy setting. 

As for good writing of female Stormcast in AOS,   I would  recommend Hammerhal by Josh Reynolds or Blacktalon by Andy Clark.

Regarding the gargants, it makes a lot of sense to do a destruction battletome. That would bring them up to par with death and it would be cool for gw to shine the spotlight on a race that's never been the centre of attention before.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I just did a quick count. If you include the exclusive minis, there are now 26 male characters and 6 female characters in the range. If you just count exclusive models it's 4 male, 3 female. If you start when gw first introduced female Stormcast it is 10 male and 6 female. That doesn't feel like too many in a fantasy setting. 

As for good writing of female Stormcast in AOS,   I would  recommend Hammerhal by Josh Reynolds or Blacktalon by Andy Clark.

Regarding the gargants, it makes a lot of sense to do a destruction battletome. That would bring them up to par with death and it would be cool for gw to shine the spotlight on a race that's never been the centre of attention before.

Issue is why are most of the characters hammers of sigmar? That's my beef really. I honestly think GW is one of the better companies handling this IMO. Just want to say that. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, shinros said:

Issue is why are most of the characters hammers of sigmar? That's my beef really. I honestly think GW is one of the better companies handling this IMO. Just want to say that. 

Agreed. I would love to see more special characters from other stormhosts. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3