The Rumour Thread

I am thinking here.

That first preview image - largely accepted as Aelves now - definitely represents someone blind.

I am not old fluff expert but this matches a few from the old world?

In any case, we've got the potential for 'sight without sight' shenanigans for each faction.

The realm of shadow is well in shadow. You'd need other senses or 'talents' to see.

The realm of light is probably not "the realm of a comfortable level of light for the eye". It's probably more "the realm of light blazing your retinas off".

So the way I see it they can go for the 'blind samurai' kind of aesthetic. Not necessarily eastern (though wouldn't that be a bit of a twist? Do Aelves like the classic Asian warrior stereotypes or tropes) but modeled to clearly appear blind

• Like 2

I think Tyrion was mentioned as being blind now, with Teclis as his eyes - which would point to this being a teaser for the light aelves. 

On the other hand, it was always Malekith who wore a metal mask in the World-that-was... it would be a nice touch if we saw the use of masks among his new shadowy followers as a way of honouring that. The Silver Tower mistweaver - who seems to be one of the shadowkin? - wore a 40k Eldar style mask too...

Either way it seems that there's something going on with the aelves here. Been waiting for this ever since we got passed over during the End Times xD

• Like 1

Just seen a bit of potentially bad news for AoS fans. Some blurry photos of custodes and sos box sets just leaked. I am now guessing that they will be the 18th preorder with the Duardin saved for an unveiling at Adepticon and a March 25th preorder. This is just a guess but it seems likely. 

Yep Tyrion is said to be God of Light who is blind but he can see what Teclis sees. Also we already have one picture of Malerion (artwork) and he looks nothing like this. 

Also looking how GW releases models it makes sense to release both light aelves and shadowkin in similar time, as they are huge part of the Slaanesh story arc. 

So it is confirmed that the mark iiis will go up for preorder next week and custodes the week after. (someone put the custodes ebook on black library a week early. Why is it always 40k that leaks and not aos?)

Anyway that means that we will see Duardin preorders  on the 25th and released in April alongside white dwarf. If the rumours of new 40k in June are true, we will probably see the mystery new Aos  game in May.

8 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Looks like Custodes codex is tiny. No mention of Sisters of Silence so im gonna guess theyll be on preorder the week after with their own mini dex, pushing duardin back even further! With a bit of luck all the Talons stuff will be one week tho.

Yeah there is nothing to it.  Box releases of the Custodes and Sisters, and a starter army with one of each, a 'Venerable' contemptor dread, Land Raider and Rhino.  Painted in a hideous gold scheme too.

Edited by TheKingInYellow

Nice, it seems finally they are showing my dwarfs! 

I have been giving it a thought and I think, based on the information we have, that they will look this way:

Airship big box of new release. It operates as some sort of steampunk mothership of the "cloud armies". Gyros are not communication tools of a broken empire like in  WHFB, but rather part of the fleets.

Of course, the main problem of an army coming on  ships is getting to ground. The " balloon infantry" comes here. Earlier rumour called them "jetpack" infantry (for squats), so balloon might be a bad word. But you get the idea: they be transported on  airships and join land war without landing. 

• Like 3

In the Shadows over Hammerhal book it shows the 'river' that splits the city is actually a massive canyon with a magma river at the bottom. The docks are at the top of the cliffs and are reached by airships and skycutters. The illustration of Cinderfall shows a bunch of these airships - they are massive. It also seems that the Scourge Privateers also use air travel although it is not explicitly stated. From this I infer that we might be seeing a lot more flying stuff for many factions!

12 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

In the Shadows over Hammerhal book it shows the 'river' that splits the city is actually a massive canyon with a magma river at the bottom. The docks are at the top of the cliffs and are reached by airships and skycutters. The illustration of Cinderfall shows a bunch of these airships - they are massive. It also seems that the Scourge Privateers also use air travel although it is not explicitly stated. From this I infer that we might be seeing a lot more flying stuff for many factions!

Could this be a way to introduce flying monsters that look a lot like sea monsters? I have wanted sea monsters more like the Karybdis model but thats hard to do without any sea tables etc. 

2 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

From this I infer that we might be seeing a lot more flying stuff for many factions!

Aircraft have been a big part of making WH40k visually distinct from other science-fiction and science fantasy wargames on the market. If I were part of any planning teams inside Citadel, I'd be trying to figure out how to add them to Age of Sigmar. Dark Elf sky-pirates and Dwarven zeppelins would certainly fill the niche... 

...and I really want to nick a zeppelin for my Orcs.

• Like 2

I think the issuance of the Stormcast book SANS any airships or flying contingent indicates that this (while it might be cool) is highly unlikely. Stormcast would be first inline for some "Sigmarite Storm Riders" and they would be included in a single SCE army book.. so if thats the direction they were going they would have delayed by a couple of weeks and moved up the announcement of flyers.

Which could then have been followed by a Duardin VS someone else box set and the Duardin release.

So yeah, think it may yet just be the Duardin "grounding" troops with the larger ships left in artwork and fluff as where the live rather than playable elements.. the same way Sigmars cities are just pictures and not massive "Sigholds"

31 minutes ago, Mortarch said:

I think the issuance of the Stormcast book SANS any airships or flying contingent indicates that this (while it might be cool) is highly unlikely. Stormcast would be first inline for some "Sigmarite Storm Riders" and they would be included in a single SCE army book.. so if thats the direction they were going they would have delayed by a couple of weeks and moved up the announcement of flyers.

Which could then have been followed by a Duardin VS someone else box set and the Duardin release.

So yeah, think it may yet just be the Duardin "grounding" troops with the larger ships left in artwork and fluff as where the live rather than playable elements.. the same way Sigmars cities are just pictures and not massive "Sigholds"

Stormcast flying chariots. LIke they're going all Thor on the Mortal Realms. Yes please.

58c67fa260681_61.jpg.a45ac31c19a71785586a046ceaa3f134.jpg

Flyers in AoS could be very cool since they would lack the biggest problems with flyers in 40k:

1) They are too fast to be on the battlefield for any significant amount of time 

2) They fly too high and thus have to be very hard to hit

Flyers in AoS could be slow, lumbering warmachines that move closer to the ground, making them more like behemoths and feeling a lot less shoehorned in than in 40k. An airship for example could have dwarfs with long pikes poking at people on the ground. Would be very cool :)

• Like 2

Oh, but I do think that the airship will be a model, not just some sort of background that ties to a Steamhead army. Maybe the model will not be the super mothership of the fleets though. The hints that we have been given speak of "mechanized cloud armies" and of "golden lights above the clouds of Chamon". Some sort of fleet is given, I think. It could also be that their whole civilization (or most of it) resides on their fleet, like craftworlds in 40k. The golden lights over the clouds could also point to "cloud cities", aka Empire strikes back. There is also "the Iron Karak" mentioned on the AoS intro book: after being rescued by Sigmar, Grugni founded the "Iron Karak", which I guess is the Karaz a Karak of AoS. Fleets or cloud cities must be connected to it. 

Whether the "game sized" airships travel from cloud cities or some sort of duardin craftworld I do not know, but I'am quite sure airships will be there (confirmed by hastings btw).

Edited by Turgol
  • Like 1