The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

It probably another companion for a SCe hero, like the Lord Veritant (can’t remember the spelling) from Dominion 

It was a Lord Imperatant in Dominion 

193977636_1714406832089436_1981659356601

3 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Hang on.... wha....? 

They're actual wrestlers? And they're going to be playing Warhammer? 

I feel like I've been popping pills. 

To be fair, actual wrestlers are allowed hobbies too :D

27 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Gryphound tease ahead of the stream on Thursday.

p9X4CA3wY2rnrrYy.jpg

Also another thing that's probably for Necromunda.

That might be the best gryph-hound mini they've done. Really looking forward to seeing who they accompany.

4 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Hang on.... wha....? 

There's a few well known wrestlers into Warhammer. There was a big thing a few years ago when Shayna Baszler visited Warhammer World when on a UK tour and she's even worn Warhammer themed outfits in the ring. So there's definitely a crossover there

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, novakai said:

Yeah but thoose new character also get forgotten as well

when was the last time Khorgus Kull and Vandas Hammerhand where revisited since first edition.

then again I attribute this to the lack of character series in black library 

DB xD

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Gryphound tease ahead of the stream on Thursday.

p9X4CA3wY2rnrrYy.jpg

Also another thing that's probably for Necromunda.

EyKgxYkW7FsJdeGH.jpg

Awesome. Probably one of the models from the box I like the most. Previously they were more gryph, this one is more hound. I am starting to fear the price of the box if we have all these models and the scenery as well...

Edited by Ejecutor

32 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Hang on.... wha....? 

Yeah there a considerable amount of wreslers that like Warhammer like i know Samoa Jones got into the hobby like a year or two ago

46 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

It could be a Lord Castellant as they come with a Gryph hound companion 

I think it is a new type of hero. Would feel a bit weird having the Callis and Toll Castellant with the old style Gryph-hound a this with a new style.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think it is a new type of hero. Would feel a bit weird having the Callis and Toll Castellant with the old style Gryph-hound a this with a new style.

It probably what ever the Lord equivalent hero is for the Ruination chamber.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Yeah there a considerable amount of wreslers that like Warhammer like i know Samoa Jones got into the hobby like a year or two ago

And also Shayna Baszler, who often use gear based on Space Marine Legions during her matches

46 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Hang on.... wha....? 

Wrestling is basically LARPing, I could easily see the cross-over appeal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok can agree to call this breed the Azyrite husky

image.png.f3d030f32d005bda5d517923f159732a.png

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Coolest thing I've seen come out of the new edition box. 

p9X4CA3wY2rnrrYy.jpg.5ec181cf370de5c2914c305dee11c556.jpg

@Gaz Taylor I had to Google enslavers, that's interesting and very cool. Good eye. 

Yeah Enslavers were non-chaos warp spawns (like spectral hounds and Vampyre) that ended the War in Heaven due to their mass migration. By 40k time their became a endangered species due to losing compatition to demons for souls

Cool lore that recently being brought back so it nice to see them get a model

• Like 3

3 hours ago, michu said:

And I really despise this "but this is new character/new place, why should I care?" approach. What are they supposed to do? Not introduce new things? They can't destroy only old established cities

Whilst I agree that AoS must build out its setting with new characters, narratives, locations and events, it can be done in a way that has more emotional impact. I think the AoS narrative team are doing a lot of things right and really like the direction of having an animated show/series with models (Callis & Toll, Blacktalon, Darkoath) and the narratives have been OK, they could just be so much more. 

If the Crusades had set off near the beginning of the edition and the settlements given some time to mature and have multiple stories and artwork done, only then, for it to be destroyed. That would have had more gravitas than what they have done. 

The 8 realms NEED more grounding, exposition, art, stories and more characters both mundane and immortal. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Coolest thing I've seen come out of the new edition box. 

p9X4CA3wY2rnrrYy.jpg.5ec181cf370de5c2914c305dee11c556.jpg

@Gaz Taylor I had to Google enslavers, that's interesting and very cool. Good eye. 

NEW BIRD DOGOO INBOUND!!!! I love everything about this guy, down to his pose and helmet that makes him seem even more serious then the average hound.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I wonder why the Akhelian Leviadon and Aspect of the Sea minis are listed as Sold Out on Warhammer.com. Not "Temporarily Out Of Stock" but "Sold Out". 

Repack

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I wonder why the Akhelian Leviadon and Aspect of the Sea minis are listed as Sold Out on Warhammer.com. Not "Temporarily Out Of Stock" but "Sold Out". 

At a guess, it might be due to the warehouse closures that are happening soon and probably a quirk of the system used to manage stock levels and orders. 

I dunno.... Itts mostly a dog with a bird head. I think I prefer the feathered neck of the older sculpts, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of variety. 

If you cropped the image for a tuesday preview I would have gone "look a wolf!"

image.png.a1afa6114810123e144de00137222d82.png

The weird eyeball thing (enslaver??) is cool, I like to see 40K expand outwards into new ideas and xenos races. If its not a necromunda piece, I wonder if its a "pet" accompaniment for some hero perhaps? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That gryph hound takes the Stormcast up to at least 21 minis including the leaked cover star. That's the same number of minis as Soul Wars and Dominion . The Skaven side is the big question mark. I think we might see a full unit of rat ogres with a  pack master or a master moulder.  We've heard rumours of a grey seer. Does that round out the Skaven side?