The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

Solo una lista de deseos de expansión de Fyreslayers de reddit. 

For my part, I think that if we have a second wave of Fyreslayers, they will most likely be themed to the Lofnir lodge since it seems to be quite different from the other lodges.

8 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It would have been even wiser to not post this right now when we still don't do much about the v4. Because right now, they're sure that every single announcement about the new rules will be greeted with hostility, no matter what they annouce - it could be lovely Skaven minis or new rule previews (and unironically so far the rules do look promising) but it will be greeted with coldness at best. This squatting and its consequences have been a disaster for AoS. 

And about this :

Yes, but : there's an unspoken agreement that if you buy a recent mini (ie less than 10 years old), you are safe. It is like a covenant between GW and its customers. With the culling of Warcry and SCE stuff, GW has broken that covenant. 

And about Legends : no one uses Legend rules except once or twice in casual circles. Legends is where miniatures go to die.

I totally agree with you about legends and the unspoken agreement that miniatures less than 10 years old should be considered as safe. 

I'm not trying to defend GW as I don't really agree with what's been done. My reasoning was

having a mini you painted with heart being deleted out of the game is horrible 

having a miniature you painted with heart being updated with a newer sculpt is slightly less horrible 

So I was just hoping it would cheer up a bit some players :)

3 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

I totally agree with you about legends and the unspoken agreement that miniatures less than 10 years old should be considered as safe. 

I'm not trying to defend GW as I don't really agree with what's been done. My reasoning was

having a mini you painted with heart being deleted out of the game is horrible 

having a miniature you painted with heart being updated with a newer sculpt is slightly less horrible 

So I was just hoping it would cheer up a bit some players :)

Some of the purged Warcry models were released as late as May 2022. Its absolute insanity.

I wish they had included an "alternative uses" list like they did with the Cities purged units just so I have SOME kind of use for my 30 Horns of Hashut other than sitting on a shelf or going to ebay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So if we go with the 4chan stuff being somewhat right then with the other rumors then it is a safe bet that the cities wave 2 is sometime next year.

Sadly it seems that when they will fully remove all the non human stuff, but at least that new tank sounds fun.

My money is still on dwarfs being pulled at the start of 4th which would also with when they come out in TOW.

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warscroll anatomy/breakdown for 4.0. Like the list building there's a fair bit of meat on the article.

Quite like how this is all presented. Nice how it seems to fit into the whole approach although I think anybody who is colour blind may struggle if the symbols for the phases are too small.

Now what is Power? It's mentioned on Nagash's scroll when he takes 10 or more damage points, but I can't spot any other reference to it? Is it to do with the control stat? I assume not as it would say so!

EDIT - it's possible that like with 40K reveals, we aren't quite seeing everything?

Edited by Gaz Taylor

I suspect the 'power level' Nagash loses when damaged is related to the Wizard (9) keyword he has, which in turn is probably the number of spells he can cast per turn, so at a guess once he's taken 10 damage he can only cast 6 a turn.

Interesting article with some more significant info. Not super happy at the implication Liberators have some sort of mortal wounds on 6s ability - I dearly wish the game would feature less mortal wounds, not more! - but maybe 'mortal damage' in the new edition will be less irritating than the proliferation of MWs in 3rd was.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

I suspect the 'power level' Nagash loses when damaged is related to the Wizard (9) keyword he has, which in turn is probably the number of spells he can cast per turn, so at a guess once he's taken 10 damage he can only cast 6 a turn.

Ah maybe! Good spot :D

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

Interesting article with some more significant info. Not super happy at the implication Liberators have some sort of mortal wounds on 6s ability - I dearly wish the game would feature less mortal wounds, not more! - but maybe 'mortal damage' in the new edition will be less irritating than the proliferation of MWs in 3rd was.

Depends how many units have it and what a mortal wound is in the new edition (I assume same as now but could be different)

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Quite like how this is all presented. Nice how it seems to fit into the whole approach although I think anybody who is colour blind may struggle if the symbols for the phases are too small.

Now what is Power? It's mentioned on Nagash's scroll when he takes 10 or more damage points, but I can't spot any other reference to it? Is it to do with the control stat? I assume not as it would say so!

EDIT - it's possible that like with 40K reveals, we aren't quite seeing everything?

Power Level is probably number in brackets of the Wizard keyword. In this case Wizard (9). 

What it does has to do with the magic module I guess.

• Like 1

Also no idea if this was looked at in the new rules, but I would have liked to have seen an effect if units like Nagash die in game. I sort of see it as an Avatar containing some of his essence on the battlefield, so when it is destroyed I think it should go BOOM! :D 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Nagash already needs an FAQ  🤣😅 Declare "...has not been picked to be the target of this spell this turn to be the target..."

No need for an FAQ, that's correct English. It's not straightforward English, but it is correct.

• Like 6

Just now, Acrozatarim said:

No need for an FAQ, that's correct English. It's not straightforward English, but it is correct.

Yeah it took me a few attempts to read it. I got the jist/intention of what they are trying to do but I had to read it a few times to make sure it was what I thought it was. But being a Black Country lad, I don't worry too much about English and Spelling :D 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warscroll anatomy/breakdown for 4.0. Like the list building there's a fair bit of meat on the article.

HmGGmlEglaXK2BDr.jpg

SEXPXrxKtHICiyo2.jpg

v9gmBzGCDBsTmLwM.jpg

This is good. I like the Liberators warscroll, for Nagash... idk it feels like a mouthful seeing it. The abilities are sort of just crammed together, let the little squares breathe a little bit. But at least after reading it, it does feel less like a mouthful, I got in one read what Nagash does, when and how he does it. So overall great even if I miss the miniature photo on the warscroll.

Also the colours make sense for the turn phases ! Red for bloody melee, orange for before melee (aggressive colour but less than red), gold for your precious heroes...

14 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It's his power level, an estimation of the magical abilities of a wizard. Let me check Nagash's...Dragon Ball Z - Vegeta It's over 9000! meme (Green Screen) – CreatorSet

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

This is where we get the Cogfort regiment with the Hero Cogfort and their Cogfootlets units joining them.

That would be funny xD Kids playing to be a Cogfort, kind of the latest UW band playing to be a lightning rod.

• Like 2

Oh, I do not like the ward save being buried down in the keyword tags like that, at least put it near the save stat or something!

I was also hoping that we'd avoid weapon-based special rules, I tend to find them pretty flavourless, sure, both Vanari Sentinels and Blood Sisters are just doing mortals on 6s, but they're doing it through different methods narratively, flattening it all into a detached 'Critical hits (mortal)' or whatever doesn't hit the spot for me.

Other than that nothing too crazy, just neatening things up.

• Like 1

Just now, Tonhel said:

Am i missing something? Where is the shield option for the liberators?

I think it's inherent in the 3+ save they get. You don't choose dual-hammers or shield-and-hammer, you build them however you want and you get that stat line.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

it's not showing whats the difference between 2 hammers and hammer&shield, so probably doesn't have everything there?

Edited by Gotz
  • Like 1