The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Hollow said:

The current BoC range is fairly generic, the faction was never super popular but has a core of followers that has kept the range in service for the last decade with minimal support. ToW studio feels that there is a space within their range to support the kits and have the models service the game (they came from

Bonessplittez are a fairly generic, dated fantasy troupe in a game with 2 other well-supported Orruk "factions". 

I feel like of all of the product lines across AoS the ones that have been listed are the easiest to justify. 

Feels like they tried to get Beastmen back into the game with the endless spells, finally getting an official herdstone model, the fact they get the first Chaos faction in AoS2 to get a BT... but for some reason or another it didn't stick and now GW is transferring them in TOW with all the old dated classic sculpts. Which is a shame but at the same time I think it wasn't a position I would envy - to continue pushing a faction or accept your loss and remove them ? I hope at least we get some undivided Beastmen in STD next edition just like what CSM got.

Bonesplitters, looks like they took a look and said "can we redo savage orcs without it being a gross racial stereotype like the current kits ?" and apparently to GW the answer was no.

9 minutes ago, Hollow said:

The current BoC range is fairly generic, the faction was never super popular but has a core of followers that has kept the range in service for the last decade with minimal support. ToW studio feels that there is a space within their range to support the kits and have the models service the game (they came from

Bonessplittez are a fairly generic, dated fantasy troupe in a game with 2 other well-supported Orruk "factions". 

I feel like of all of the product lines across AoS the ones that have been listed are the easiest to justify. 

Plus, for all the talk of Bonesplittaz having loads of fans, nobody was bringing them to tournaments, and people will bring armies with awful rules to tournaments simply because they like them. Them getting axed is spectacularly unsurprising. 

Take a break from work find a massive purge ok 

"They will receive Battletome: Bonesplitterz as a free download."

So what we chaos dwarf the Bonesplitterz? Like beast of chaos is just done but BS get a free tome?

Also cities untouched while Tow dwarfs are around? What going on? Rip beastmen ToW has custodes for you now

image.png.7fddb56c5b59e8d6b31ecbad6b913e2d.png

Just now, Snarff said:

I wouldn't count any of the non FS/KO Duardin as safe (I wouldn't even consider them safe, newer models have been axed). Dryads I would count as mostly safe since the Sylvaneth are a staple AoS faction by now. I could see AoS dryads getting a refresh with the older kit going back to TOW.

I wouldn't want to own any model originating in WFB from now on.

The thing is they are safe up until their battletome, GW will continually sell them to you up into that date with no warning. Some poor ****** out there just bought Beasts this weekend for sure before this announcement was even on his doorstep (not everyone reads forums or reddit). It's ****** all round for the community and its weirder yet when beasts have such lore dedication in the books, no one in chaos are like them at all and they were pretty important in broken realms too. We all knew it would happen (that frequent these sites), it's still a sack punch from orbit regardless. 

17 minutes ago, Snarff said:

It's not a question of miniatures lasting forever though, some of these miniatures existed for just 2 years (Beastlord, Horns of Hashut) or were literally the launch faction 2 editions, so not even 6 years ago (Sarcosanct). So who knows if your own brand new favourite minis are not on the chopping block in just a few years from now.

I'm not advocating for people to throw stuff away, but using more caution when buying GW products now is very warranted.

This is me; bought enough Horns to make them the batteline of my army; going so far as to convert up Knights and leaders for them too. 

I now have one year to finish that project and get it on some tables before GW puts my, like, eighth army in the dirt. I thought "cool, brand new unit in a battletome. Worst case they'll get moved to Duardin." 

No, worst case is they're extinct in three years. Entire sacrosanct chamber "went back to azyr!" crazy stuff. The notice is nice; I'll have to budget for a couple more boxes so I can at least wrap up the project. Gonna have to jump on whatever Chaos Duardin release might happen because they'll probably have a three year shelf life.

Wow... just .... wow....

I guess GW just wants to kill of my whole collection. First Gitmob and generic Orcs, now all my Bonesplitterz and the Scuttleboss. This really makes me wonder if i want to continue this hobby. Even Hedrakkas got removed and that is a newish kit.

This really feels like i am getting punished for playing non order or marine factions time and time again. Its fun to get Kruleboyz and Kragnos, but by now i only have Gordrakk and u unit of brutes left thats legal after 2025. Really GW? Why? My whole 2000 point whfb army is invalidated and it had cost me years to build and paint the it all and added to that while AoS was already a thing. Mh army got split up and moved to different books. And now i get my models removed as the cherry on top?

• Sad 2

Beatsmen and savage orcs are one thing. Dropping so many stormcast is quite another. The range is full of redundancy, horribly so, but the explanation rings false when we don’t really have any reason to expect actual efforts to manage warscroll bloat. Liberators and vindicators are identical but for their hand weapons/spears.

And when some of the stuff being cut was highly prominent launch release minis from only a handful of years ago, well, it’s a sign that even recent AoS plastic are fair game for being squatted.

But it’s the Warcry stuff that’s true real shock. Some of those minis are only a year and a bit old!

Anyone outright quitting AoS over this is taking a pretty reasonable response tbh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Plus, for all the talk of Bonesplittaz having loads of fans, nobody was bringing them to tournaments, and people will bring armies with awful rules to tournaments simply because they like them. Them getting axed is spectacularly unsurprising. 

To my knowledge many Bonesplitterz units are played as big waaagh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gotz said:

I think dracolines and dracoths share the same base size, so proxing them is no prob. (same as with the sequicators).

Tauralon could work with Celestant Prime or Ionus... but maybe they re-release thunderstrike Aventis...

The problem with this is that, at least in  my anecdotal experience (and speaking of tournaments, because outside of that everything is always possible), there are two ways in which tournaments handle this:

- GW official miniatures only

or

- 3d prints and alternative ranges/proxying is allowed but (since you have to draw a line somewhere) some form of WYSIWYG is required. Evocators (on foot and on dracoline) have a weapon loadout which is not similar to other existing units, so that's the reason of my reply.

1 minute ago, Pizzaprez said:

This is me; bought enough Horns to make them the batteline of my army; going so far as to convert up Knights and leaders for them too. 

I now have one year to finish that project and get it on some tables before GW puts my, like, eighth army in the dirt. I thought "cool, brand new unit in a battletome. Worst case they'll get moved to Duardin." 

No, worst case is they're extinct in three years. Entire sacrosanct chamber "went back to azyr!" crazy stuff. The notice is nice; I'll have to budget for a couple more boxes so I can at least wrap up the project. Gonna have to jump on whatever Chaos Duardin release might happen because they'll probably have a three year shelf life.

Maybe you should just stop buying models at this point lol, you're actually cursed. Or just please don't buy any models/start any projects for factions that I love.

2 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Use Spire Tyrants as marauders. They just don’t get their own rules anymore. 
As for the rest I haven’t made up my mind.

Whyd I do that when I have 60 darkoath savagers? Soon to be a whole darkoath army come DB6. Use X as Y doesn't work when you already have Y. It's like when they said "Oh Use looted wagons as battlewagons!" I already have 6 built and painted legit battlewagons.... not all warcry bands are even the same size so you'll still have models left over or models too few or simply on the wrong bases entirely. Its a flawed system to preach. 

It is rather upsetting to see the Beasts get the boot. I've got a unit of Slaanesh-painted Bestigor that I'm very fond of. But, then, I'm most likely never going to play in a tournament, and I wouldn't have included any Beasts units in it even if I did! I was pretty damn sure that coalition units were going to be a thing of the past, anyway. 

They do publish points values for 'Legends' units, don't they? 

Well i was unfortunately wrong about Beasts.

I’m not going to lie, today’s article killed my enthusiasm for AoS stone dead. It makes it very hard going forward to justify any purchases, because in two years or less are GW going to decide to Legend them? 
What about my Gloomspite? They’re founded on the Night Goblins, can I expect the to be dropped like my Boneplitterz should TOW sell well enough to need the Gobbos back?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

What happens to gloomspite? How can Stabbas/Shootas, spiderfang/araknoroks, aleguzzler gargants exist in the AoS when they are also part of legal non legends ToW Orcs and Goblins. It's weird double standards throwing beastmen to ToW but not other ToW legal models. Savage orcs get the worst of it, they aren't even an army in legends or core ToW. It's a 1 in 1000pt upgrade for an Orc unit to get warpaint and frenzy....

We're probably getting a gitz update. They need to update the grots and the spiderfang stuff. Technically they're selling the older gargants for old world right?
I think the removal of the scuttleboss and nothing else from spiderfang is a bit telling.