The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Underworlds, maybe you are right. Early Warcry warbands? You could be right also, but late Warcry warbands? I don't think so. Most of them are designed almost as a new unit for their army.

Agreed. Most of them feature heavily in competitive lists like the Beastflayers and Wildercorps while others will be the core choice like the Darkoath

To be honest seeing what is being removed from the warrior chambers and Skaven may give us ideas of what else is to come for them in early 4th similar to the Marines and Nids extra releases.

This feels like Paladins and Judicators are both getting updates plus heroes that may match models and themes of regiments, for example maybe an updated Knight Azyors to fit with the theme of Prosecutors. Lord Cellestants and Castellants have always felt like staple heroes lorewise and the book guy had similar vibes too.

17 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Yeah, can't help but feel just a tiny little bit vindicated. I found it pretty surprising how many people pushed back on what was clearly going to happen with BoC, Bonesplitterz. I've been arguing for weeks that this was going to happen. BoC to ToW. The Skaven are no surprise. A decent amount of SCE which shows to me that the AoS design studio is trying to stay on top of bloat for the range (which I think is a good thing) 

I suppose a nuanced take is in order. I think we can be broadly in favour of the AoS team taking steps to actively manage warscroll bloat while at the same time recognizing that this sucks for people who have armies mainly composed of those models. Sacrosanct were introduced at the same time as Nighthaunt. They are still pretty new in the grand scheme of things.

Of course, after the first shock, I think it would be good to wait and see how things develop in the next few weeks. We are certainly getting replacements for some of the squatted Stormcast. And if not, I guess it's time to get used to proxying like people usually do.

We have known that the BoC squatting was coming for a bit now. With Bonesplitterz, it was less obvious, but the signs were there. Still, have some empathy for the people who collect these two armies. It sucks that you were strung along without any real updates for 3 editions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm not exactly delighted by this but you sound like you want the community to be angry. One of the reasons I like be the tga community so much is that we can discuss things without losing our minds all the time. 

I'm not taking from you the right to be delighted by this GW move if you want. Leave mine to dislike it. We can discuss it in a polite manner.

It sounds like a pretty bad joke to cut down almost 2 whole editions of Stormcast miniatures. I don't know how to justify that. These are pretty good looking miniatures. Relatively young miniatures. In my opinion GW should print expiration date on their products so that people can value if they are worth the money. Sorry, I don't buy this "don't worry, it moves to legends or TOW". People bought those minis to specifically play AoS, not other systems or sub-systems.

Where do I feel this cut is justified? If any I feel like Bonesplitterz. Outside of that UW warband they didn't get a single mini for AoS. They always felt to stand apart. But still I would understand people who feel sorry about it.

Beasts of Chaos are something different since they received new hero and some Endless Spells which suggested further support. Imagine how a person who bought BoC this year feels right now. They received start collecting, battle forces, minis, at least two battletomes and now they are gone. I have a friend who collects BoC and we played a couple of times. Wonder what is he going to say. I already know how my friend with Sacrosanct chamber feels like. Spoiler alert - Not good.

Thing with WarCry warbands is more difficult. They can still be used in a game they originated from but they were at some point advertised as a product you may use in AoS. I bought two WarCry warbands ONLY to use them in AoS. This time they are not on that list but from now on I think I won't buy any WarCry warbands to use in AoS. Too much of a risk.

In my opinion GW should really work on its communications with customers about what lifespan to expect from their products. There were never clear signals that dozens of Stormcasts or Beasts of Chaos are to be used temporarly.

Update:

My friend who plays BoC just said he quits AoS. Whether or not he changes his mind time will tell.

Update 2:

My Sacrosanct friend leaves AoS as well.

Good job GW!

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

image.gif.94207712450e3405bc1e16634da90211.gif

And so it is the end of an era of the beast
Really sorry for BoC and Bonesplitters fans.

But also, why are Dispossessed staying? Are they too stubborn to leave before a new Battletome? Are we, cough, getting new Cities/Lumineth style duardin this edition?

I hope so. I wouldn't be surprised. We got a late book, now an early one so we don't complain about our book duration.

10 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

TBH, the biggest surprise for me was that the Mistweaver Siah from warhammer quest was still on sale! I thought that one was gone years ago. 

It was one tricky to spot. It is not listed under any army, but under the Order category where everything else appears as well xD

Edited by Ejecutor

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

We have known that the BoC squatting was coming for a bit now. With Bonesplitterz, it was less obvious, but the signs were there.

There were rumours about it, that's something completely different than knowing.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think we can be broadly in favour of the AoS team taking steps to actively manage warscroll bloat while at the same time recognizing that this sucks for people who have armies mainly composed of those models

There's a difference between managing warscroll bloat and cutting entire factions from your game.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

I severely doubt this. If AoS was going to chop BoC, they wouldn't have had this much narrative importance up until quite recently. They had endless spells and terrain, were featured in an UW starter set, got a new hero.

I'd bet they would easily have stayed in AoS (even if an update to them was going to take a while) if TOW didn't come along to snatch them away. If they get any new models at their TOW re-release, it's quite likely that those were originally made with AoS in mind.

But many of the Beasts in the BoC range literally come from other ranges. Chaotic beasts are a concept seen across all the mono-god Chaos factions, as well as STD. The opening of the AoS 4 cinematic had the protagonist fighting Tzanngors for goodness sake!

"Beasts" are a part of AoS but they are just not being presented as a singular BOC faction (for now)

These models were going. ToW has continued their life-span. 

• Confused 2

Dang so not even going to get thunderstriked

"We begin with Sigmar’s finest, the Stormcast Eternals, who have one of the largest miniature ranges in Warhammer history. With so many warscrolls – often for troops who have similar fighting styles – certain units are returning to the distant halls of Azyr. These include the entire Sacrosanct Chamber, who have decided to work on the cure for the curse of Reforging from their workshops in the Realm of Heavens. "

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

There were rumours about it, that's something completely different than knowing.

There's a difference between managing warscroll bloat and cutting entire factions from your game.

We warn you multiple times..all of laughed about it ...vindication 

• Confused 4

My two pence....

Firstly, it's good that GW have said this up front and are being clear about the support for these models. Secondly, still being able to use these models for a year before getting moved into Legends (which you can still use them) is a good move.

I'm surprised about all BoC going as my thought process was they would be resculpted into a new range rather than a whole faction going. 

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wow. People are already selling Stormcast armies in the second-hand WhatsApp group I am part of.

I wonder if they will be absolute filth when their battletomes come out and then the price skyrockets :D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wow. People are already selling Stormcast armies in the second-hand WhatsApp group I am part of.

Huge overreaction. At least some of those models will get replacements and then you can just keep using your old stuff. Perhaps even some Sacrosanct.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Ok, this at least goes in the right direction. It's still only from the socials team, but it's a start

FB_IMG_1712234961218.png?ex=6621170c&is=660ea20c&hm=ec131fa017e06a845b4f39f421aa943a4a0e35eced1a1c0651a7783b75845273&=

If someone had any doubt about that. That would be the case for 99% of players, even without GW permission, we would use this models as alternative models. And I can say that it will be exactly be the same for any warcry or underworlds warband.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

This time they are not on that list but from now on I think I won't buy any WarCry warbands to use in AoS. Too much of a risk.

I know it hurts everytime it happens, I went through that too many I want to count. But please listen to this old player with decades of GW games practice (and other games too that completely disappeared with their entire range forever) : there is no game nor army that lasts forever. In the end, what is always left is fond memories of the times you play and the collection of miniatures you still love. And that is maybe the most important to cherish.

I know it's hard, but don't throw everything in anger. When I did, I always regretted it. Take time, digest the new and think what is really important for you. And if you leave GW games, it's perfectly ok. The miniatures you have can still be used in another game.

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Baron I_oyd said:

We warn you multiple times..all of laughed about it ...vindication 

Not everyone laughed about it. People were worried and didn't want to believe it without concrete evidence (as they should, not all rumours should be believed without question).

If you feel vindication about people being sad or devastated about losing their favourite armies, that's just a ****** move.

• Thanks 17

48 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

image.png.11d587e398dcdd54bbe11192580d7b2e.png

But not night runners... 😏

And now we know what Skaven are getting from Warcry, because I doubt they’ll squat the Mawpacks (Gorger replacements), or most of the new ones who serve to refresh older models. But I won’t fully be certain until we see confirmation.

Mir Kainan isn’t getting banished to the Shadow Realm yet, but now that doubt exists, and they might axe the new Teratic Cohort for some reason after 4th edition which makes me wary of buying a duplicate. 

Just now, Snarff said:

Not everyone laughed about it. People were worried and didn't want to believe it without concrete evidence (as they should, not all rumours should be believed without question).

If you feel vindication about people being sad or devastated about losing their favourite armies, that's just a ****** move.

I do have lot of friends who play Beast so feel bad for them

Just now, Sarouan said:

I know it hurts everytime it happens, I went through that too many I want to count. But please listen to the old players with decades of GW games practice (and other games too that completely disappeared with their entire range forever) : there is no game nor army that lasts forever. In the end, what is always left is fond memories of the times you play and the collection of miniatures you still love. And that is maybe the most important to cherish.

I know it's hard, but don't throw everything in anger. When I did, I always regretted it. Take time, digest the new and think what is really important for you. And if you leave GW games, it's perfectly ok. The miniatures you have can still be used in another game.

It's not a question of miniatures lasting forever though, some of these miniatures existed for just 2 years (Beastlord, Horns of Hashut) or were literally the launch faction 2 editions, so not even 6 years ago (Sarcosanct). So who knows if your own brand new favourite minis are not on the chopping block in just a few years from now.

I'm not advocating for people to throw stuff away, but using more caution when buying GW products now is very warranted.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snarff said:

That's bit was just in reference to Stormcast and the Warcry/Underworlds stuff. I agree that the full BoC/Bonesplitterz removal is pretty hard to justify.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Huge overreaction. At least some of those models will get replacements and then you can just keep using your old stuff. Perhaps even some Sacrosanct.

most of sacrosanct can easily be used as proxies for the stuff that's remaining. 

On the warcry side... warbands that are made as replacement units can be repackaged once they're out of the loop. 

As they were expanding warcry just by making new warbands, cycling them seemed inevitable. It would have been much better to focus on a limited list of warbands in a similar fashion to necromunda, but I suppose the popularity of warcry was due to being cross compatible with AoS.

Let's see if they announce 3.0 down the line...

Edited by Gotz

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Plus, what is a Sequitor if not a Stormcast warrior with a hammer, or hammer and shield? Looks like it's a Liberator to me 😎.

• Like 5