The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

Since Chorfs are coming this edition, I have a feeling the Skaven have accidentally revealed them.

They did this with a gnawhole draining an ocean and revealing the existence of the Deepkin to Nagash.

I also appreciate that the game is going to allow for more reactive play. It's going to be an interesting time this summer!

There's an old Liverpool story when workers were digging the Williamson tunnels in which a team of workers thought they dug through to hell, when unknowingly to them, had been digging right above another team. 

When you're in total darkness underground through a period where there's probably a lot of spiritual superstition and belief, safe to say they absolutely grotted their pants when they dug a hole and saw figures on the other side staring at them.

I'd love for the Duradin reveal to be a similar  accident by the Skaven, just both digging tunnels and it turns into the Spiderman pointing meme, or they uncover some giant underground industry hellscape.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

Since Chorfs are coming this edition, I have a feeling the Skaven have accidentally revealed them.

They did this with a gnawhole draining an ocean and revealing the existence of the Deepkin to Nagash.

They make a gnawhole through the fourth wall into the resin pellet vats at GW and pour the resin beads into the extruder.

The sudden burst of resin beads overflow, bumping the mold tooling and knocking them into the presses, some rogue ones bump the controller and... bam!

All of a sudden the resin beads begin to melt and flow into the secret new Chorfs molds, beginning the process of returning them to the IP forefront.

Lord Morskittar gets pretty upset about the whole ordeal.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

I also appreciate that the game is going to allow for more reactive play. It's going to be an interesting time this summer!

They'll do anything to not just add alternating activations.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, pitzok said:

They'll do anything to not just add alternating activations.

If you want alternating activations AOS or 40k just are not the games for you, it'll never happen. Games would take a century.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"More impactful battlefield terrain" 🤢
Maybe they got terrain rules right this time instead of yeeting them into the sun... but I doubt it.

Also, Spearhead section shows B-roll of the WarCry gorgers... not sure if on purpose or random glory shot. Probably the later.

Sounds like Path to Glory is also included in the launch book.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

If you want alternating activations AOS or 40k just are not the games for you, it'll never happen. Games would take a century.

I'm used to it, I just think it's funny that with every new edition for each of their games they try to make it "more reactive" and coming up with more convoluted rules (like stratagems) instead of just doing alternating activations. Although I wouldn't mind on cutting down on the scale of the game to be alternating, I find 2k points games to be too big for me anyway, at least in 40k.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cdance93 said:

For someone who said Dong every hour on the hour, I'm a little shocked to hear this 

Im excited about new rat minis, not about new GW rules. Most probably I wont even play 4th.

Edited by Garrac

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The words “streamlined army building rules” fills me with dread after the mess 40K is in. I hope to Hashut and his lovely daemons that we aren’t given the Rule of 3, Battleline limited to 6 garbage.

edit: quoted the wrong post updated text, sorry

My take on that, though, is that AoS is already much closer to 40K list building in 10th than previous: we select a unit, decide their gear loadout, add to list. We currently don’t even have to worry about unit champion equipment (they just get bonuses usually) or joining with heroes and “leader” rules.

We’re already designed for that. 40K wasn’t, and it showed: when a particular gear loadout proves way stronger than others, AoS made an individual warscroll with different points and modified rules; 40K increased points on the gear, then decided to make gear free.

That curveball literally cannot happen to AoS and I am being cautiously, hesitantly optimistic about this.

Edited by Sahrial
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm not quite sure how much more streamlined they can even make AoS army construction. It's not exactly complex as it is.

One thing I'd love them to bring back from the old days, following the prompt of 40k 10th, is a return of points costs for general traits/magic items. This is, admittedly, probably the opposite of streamlining.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

This year has some good eye candy to look at like the Seraphon one

GDUSA2024 AoS Mar24 AoSUnitGOLD

The Caviler Marshall who got used twice really showing it popularity

GDUSA2024 AoS Mar24 AoSUnitBRONZE

Y0Q9ICh2SmCl9gd1.jpg

even Bonespitterz warband (Here hoping GW keep them around and expand on these Primal cavemen orks)

5qPDq3DRjyz8svsu.jpg

17 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

These are without a doubt the best Golden Demon Entries I have seen.

17 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Definitely one of the greatest Slayer-Sword winning pieces I've ever seen, at least in my top 5. Amazing idea and fantastic execution.

GDUSA2024 SlayerSwordWinner Mar24 Img1

9 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

AoS miniatures are so good, they even found themselves in the 40k category although for a (sick) conversion. (God I wish GW would release Exodites already…)

IMG_9097.jpeg

These are simply breathtaking. I cant think of a year more packed with such art. Incredible.

40 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

Feels out of character for chaos duardin to have just been hiding, the lore reason would be more of an opportunity thing I think, strike while sigmar is distracted by skaven

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm just really happy that humans can finally be shown in trailers now that Steelhelms exist.

I have to say, they actually have a pretty distinctive silhouette, as well. I think over time people will really be able to recognize them as "typical AoS" at a glance.

And in one of the artworks to download there's fusiliers as well! It is our time to shine ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm not quite sure how much more streamlined they can even make AoS army construction. It's not exactly complex as it is.

One thing I'd love them to bring back from the old days, following the prompt of 40k 10th, is a return of points costs for general traits/magic items. This is, admittedly, probably the opposite of streamlining.

The only things that I could see going that are convoluted is the reinforcements system, and the core battalions.

Might be interesting for anybody around Nottingham, or in Texas.

j60OA0wpuxgzLO94.jpg

This is the first chance anywhere in the world to try out the smart changes wrought by the Warhammer Studio. Most importantly, attendees will be able to play a hands-on demo game of the new edition, and they’ll also find out more about the exciting new Spearhead format, learn about the new rules, see all the gorgeous new miniatures, and learn how to paint the Skaven and the Stormcast Eternals of the Hallowed Knights.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Preview Event around the same time, since they've done IRL and Online WarhammerFests in May before (albeit usually earlier in the month).

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PraetorDragoon said:

The only things that I could see going that are convoluted is the reinforcements system, and the core battalions.

Definitely battalions would be the first thing to go, and we just end up with no army construction limits besides rule of 3/6 like current 40k

• Like 1