The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

I'll add that the kruleboyz monsta killaz albeit the beastnob were far more in line with bonesplitterz aesthetic than most of the current krules range. 

Aesthetic was there but warband composition is off imo as far as a win. Just felt lackluster to me. 

@Nezzhil I hope you're right about the hobgrot warband and not just tickling my fancy... 😶

Underworlds is outside my knowledge 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

+++MOD HAT ON+++

Stop with the discussions of Gender roles in regards to Warfare. This is not the forum for it. This is a FANTASY game. Anything is possible. Women have fought in wars in real life. Women are present on these forums. Be respectful of each other.

I love women and at work most women surpass me with everything. They are just better in almost everything. The world would be be a better place if it was run by women.

That said, Battles during the ancient to WWII. It was mainly men doing the fighting. It's a sad thing. Ofcourse we have now women in the military and they do a hell of a job, during WWII, they had some excellent/brave russian female snipers. But with brutal melee combat it was a men thing for the last couple of thousand years.

No need to rewrite history. 😉

• Like 3
  • Confused 10

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I love women and at work most women surpass me with everything. They are just better in almost everything. The world would be be a better place if it was run by women.

That said, Battles during the ancient to WWII. It was mainly men doing the fighting. It's a sad thing. Ofcourse we have now women in the military and they do a hell of a job, during WWII, they had some excellent/brave russian female snipers. But with brutal melee combat it was a men thing for the last couple of thousand years.

No need to rewrite history. 😉

Guy, can you not stop when specifically told to stop?  

Edited by GhostShark
  • Like 21

2 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

Guy, can you not stop when specifically told to stop?  

Lol, I have posted two things about it. No need to be angry at it. But I will stop. I have no intend to insult anybody or make someone unhappy. I apoligize if this was the case.

Just now, Tonhel said:

Lol, I have posted two things about it. No need to be angry at it. But I will stop. I have no intend to insult anybody or make someone unhappy. I apoligize if this was the case.

I mean, you should apologize. You were asked to stop, but instead QUOTED the post where you were asked to stop as you continued anyway so you could make sure we all really got your point about women not being fighters. In real world wars. Historically. 

As a feme person one of the things I like about this space is we usually don't have to deal with stuff like this. Its usually pretty chill.  If a mod tells you to stop, just stop. Right?

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

So, any leaks about 4.0 rules?

I need a burst of hype but, sadly, the duardin side of AoS seems to be sleep...

I'm also hankering for 4.0 leaks. I need a hit of serotonin that only new Seraphon info can provide. 

I'm hoping that they change battle tactics, *remove* summoning as a faction mechanic and make sure subfactions aren't overtuned. 

• Like 3

Honestly, I hope summoning goes. It’s cool and all, but it’s strong and swingy. I want Battle Tactics gone too- I shouldn’t feel compelled to bring a unit of Deathriders for the 3 points, and they’re either “Get these guys into combat” or “Kill exactly 27 guys from Hammerhall on a Tuesday in January during a Total Solar Eclipse”. Some just aren’t even doable against certain factions, and I’m not being hyperbolic about that- If any involve battleshock, you just can’t score it against the Bonereapers. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

+++MOD HAT ON+++

Stop with the discussions of Gender roles in regards to Warfare. This is not the forum for it. This is a FANTASY game. Anything is possible. Women have fought in wars in real life. Women are present on these forums. Be respectful of each other.

• On 3/11/2024 at 12:23 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

The more variety of miniatures, the better and if they serve to encourage other players to play, paint, read, etc. even much better.

Edited by Peacaf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I agree with your Skaven reasoning and I'd like to support it from the Stormcast side: there's a possibility that Prosecutors (flying skirmishers) and Judicators (heavy ranged infantry) will get Thunderstruck for the launch box, as well as Ruination units. Jezzails would be great counters to all 3 of those roles--Prosecutors could mop them up easily if they can charge sure, but Jezzails are perfect warmachine support against skirmishers and elites.

if GW picks units based on lack of multi-part or dual-kit ability AND fitting the box narrative, Jezzails are an easy win. Can't imagine a launch box without them UNLESS they somehow figured out a dual jezzail/mortar kit. (the chaingun and the flamethrower seem an obvious choice for post-launch dual kit)

If we get Prosecutors and Judicators, that would mean no Liberators in the big box, right? Imo if something is "confirmed" is Liberators as part of the box. If we apply the basic troops logic to include Clanrats, then it gotta be Liberators.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Quick! someone leak something so this thread can get back on track.

the parchment rumor is extremely thick and maybe the big E means 40k, but I am explicitly reminded of these Stormcast and Azyrite concept arts... "living parchment" is mentioned, as well as possible-Ruination Chamber stormcast being wrapped in parchments

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xbegy

image.jpeg.0a9477dc8d694b9a8d8a3c837aa84391.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

the parchment rumor is extremely thick and maybe the big E means 40k, but I am explicitly reminded of these Stormcast and Azyrite concept arts... "living parchment" is mentioned, as well as possible-Ruination Chamber stormcast being wrapped in parchments

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xbegy

image.jpeg.0a9477dc8d694b9a8d8a3c837aa84391.jpeg

THAT COULD BE BANG ON YOU MIGHTVE IMMEDIATELY NAILED IT!!

• LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

I mean, you should apologize. You were asked to stop, but instead QUOTED the post where you were asked to stop as you continued anyway so you could make sure we all really got your point about women not being fighters. In real world wars. Historically. 

As a feme person one of the things I like about this space is we usually don't have to deal with stuff like this. Its usually pretty chill.  If a mod tells you to stop, just stop. Right?

There's not a discussion if two don't want to. It is better to just ignore it rather than keep the thing rolling.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If we get Prosecutors and Judicators, that would mean no Liberators in the big box, right? Imo if something is "confirmed" is Liberators as part of the box. If we apply the basic troops logic to include Clanrats, then it gotta be Liberators.

10x liberators

10x judicators

3x Prosecutors

doesn't sound like too much, though I think I'm overestimating how much was in Dominion and we still need Ruination Chamber...

Either way, I do think jezzails are the perfect fit against whatever elites and ranged the Stormcast half gets

50 minutes ago, Beliman said:

So, any leaks about 4.0 rules?

I need a burst of hype but, sadly, the duardin side of AoS seems to be sleep...

Not seen anything really but if I really hope the characters being able to join units rumour/wishlist is real!

1 minute ago, TheMawr said:

Thats not official concept art though..

It looks like it's a Jes Goodwin sketch which is as official as warhammer concept art can get (unless it's a well doctored fake, I haven't seen this image before until now)

• Like 1

Just now, TheDayman said:

Not seen anything really but if I really hope the characters being able to join units rumour/wishlist is real!

Im rarely of the opinion that very specific lore, aesthic or rules decisions are made with sales in mind. ( as my negative opinion of GW is that their departments do not synergise/communicate/are aware of each others existence.... wich is opposite of that.)  But the 40k Leader/Unit matchup is so perfect for giving an excuse to buy more characters that I cant imagine this not being adopted by AoS as well.

Not saying its a negative, as I really like the system.

• Like 2