The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

„Even the Sky may cast a shadow“

- Alliance? :D

which prophecy is that from again? got a faint brain recognition, one of the warcom shorts?

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

As for the lie, my feeling is that he lied about the possibility of a cure. He knew the search of the sacrosanct chamber would yield nothing.The flaw is inherent to the process and he lied about it  in order to give the Stormcast hope that a cure could be found.

i am not entirely sure this was even lied about though; I feel like some of the Sacrosanct characters know the search *may* be futile. I think it makes much more sense for a"Warhammer-ism" if Sigmar lied about the Flaws being *entirely natural* and thus making Reforging a secret form of control.

if AOS is supposed to have a level of Desperation to it, the Six Smiths creating (more) Flaws to force Stormcast back into service--whether their souls want it or not--is a much MUCH bigger deal.

It also cements a reason why named characters can retain their memories/personality..... because Sigmar Wills It. Because they're too important or too loyal to change any further. And it also covers the inverse: Vandus has simply died too many times it seems, but Yndrasta was Reforged with the singular purpose of being a Prime Huntress, ergo more of her memories were taken to focus on nothing but The Hunt.

All that being laid out, I like whoever said it could end up being propaganda and not even a real lie 😂 that might be the funniest outcome. Big Sig has a lot of regrets, and probably as many Tall Tales about him as real ones.

• Like 1

I'm sure they'll make it clearer soon but I do wonder how they'll make the Darkoath supplement work as it is they have:

Warqueen

Cheiftain/WH event exclusive Split-eye

Theddra Underworlds team

Gnarlspirit Underworlds team

Darkoath Savagers

New:

WH+ unit

Chieftan on mount

Horsemen

Mauraders

Wilderbeast

That doesn't really seem like much to me? Like outside of the Wilderbeast, I can't see the army doing any heavy lifting.

I'm guessing they might allow a few specifically undivided StD units to join a Darkoath army, maybe something like:

Centurion Marshall

Ogroid Myrmidon

Ogroids

Fomoroid

Mindstealer Sphrinx

Furies and Raptoryx

Warshrine

The distinctly Undivided units that also aren't "Core" to the StD army?

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
  • Like 1

Just throwing the additional lore tidbit: Stormcast Brass are 100% lying to the troops on a daily basis already.

source: Thunderbellies Ogors eating the Lightning Meat, and missing SCE back in Azyr after their battles conclude. Denied by command, but they never come back.

19 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I'm sure they'll make it clearer soon but I do wonder how they'll make the Darkoath supplement work as it is they have:

Warqueen

Cheiftain/WH event exclusive Split-eye

Theddra Underworlds team

Gnarlspirit Underworlds team

Darkoath Savagers

New:

WH+ unit

Chieftan on mount

Horsemen

Mauraders

Wilderbeast

That doesn't really seem like much to me? Like outside of the Wilderbeast, I can't see the army doing any heavy lifting.

I'm guessing they might allow a few specifically undivided StD units to join a Darkoath army, maybe something like:

Centurion Marshall

Ogroid Myrmidon

Ogroids

Fomoroid

Mindstealer Sphrinx

Furies and Raptoryx

Warshrine

The distinctly Undivided units that also aren't "Core" to the StD army?

Maybe it's me misinterpreting, but I don't think the "Darkoath supplement" will be a separate "army of renown", let alone a "battletome". Instead, I always imagined it would just be similar to the Ironjawz supplement, maybe with some additional stuff or modifying existing warscrolls but nothing more.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Maybe it's me misinterpreting, but I don't think the "Darkoath supplement" will be a separate "army of renown", let alone a "battletome". Instead, I always imagined it would just be similar to the Ironjawz supplement, maybe with some additional stuff or modifying existing warscrolls but nothing more.

That would make a lot of sense, so less of a separate army and more of updated datasheets and lore. I did wonder how they'd make it work! 😅

1 minute ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

That would make a lot of sense, so less of a separate army and more of updated datasheets and lore. I did wonder how they'd make it work! 😅

That definitely seems to be the way they’re running it from what I’ve seen.

4 hours ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

But we have always a big mystery...

What is the "gadget" of the edition ? If we will have one.

2th it was Endless Spells

3th Incarnate(s)

4th ? Cannon for everyone ? 

Age of Malerion and Void Things ?

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:
2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Ossiarch Warcry? Doesn't look to be a fancy Underworlds-detailed base.

vOPvfv7munegEVOX.jpg

Expand  

Something NEW

Ok so this is the NEW in the next warcry box. Guess the VERY NEW part will be reveal during adepticon? Very new means a unit from a faction/subfaction that is not yet represented in the game? 

(chorfs, malerion elves, silent people,... ?) 

2 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Ok so this is the NEW in the next warcry box. Guess the VERY NEW part will be reveal during adepticon? Very new means a unit from a faction/subfaction that is not yet represented in the game? 

(chorfs, malerion elves, silent people,... ?) 

KURNOTHI?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1