The Rumour Thread

Also JEEZ THESE LOOK GOOD

Might have to switch my really neglected Nurgle collection (read: 2 heroes and some Plaguebearers) to some Darkoath marauders marauding through sanctified Cities territory. With 2 Nurgle heroes and some Plaguebearers :D

• Like 1

My God. I didn't imagine that Darkoath would get everything together in one box and with their own tome...

I may have to skip Callis and Tome and send back Sekhar and her beasts for this... Glad I've not yet opened it while working on other models.

45 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If I am not wrong @Ejecutorthe only "AoS related" rumours that are still unknown are the ones I related as "Chorfists", the Venom-ists and the Nurglish ones, no?

We still have the Morghast wing floating about but I wouldn’t honestly expect that this year because 4th Ed. will probably eat up the rest of 2024 for major releases 

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

We still have the Morghast wing floating about but I wouldn’t honestly expect that this year because 4th Ed. will probably eat up the rest of 2024 for major releases 

OBR could still be part of the last Warcry box.

13 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So are Wuilder Fiends going to replace Chaos Spawn? The lore sounds pretty similar.

I am guessing they are seperate since these seem more Darkoath that went a bit too far in their devotion and became a beast whereas Chaos Spawn can often be OOPS or a punishment. Chaos spawn are also universal with 40k or have multiple options similar to daemon prince so imagine the model would need to fit both settings but this is very Darkoath.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If I am not wrong @Ejecutorthe only "AoS related" rumours that are still unknown are the ones I related as "Chorfists", the Venom-ists and the Nurglish ones, no?

This is the full list with my guesses:

Spoiler

image.png.c3ee92cfd92d85bcb291578ceecf23d1.png

The ones tagged as "warcry" are the ones I think it is the upcoming warcry bands that would be shown at Adepticon. Idoneth vs Nurgle. Then we have two that look like rats. The chorfits ones that you mentioned, the Lady of the Ruin ones and the Stormcast sword mainly.

• Like 1

This fella is right proper unto itself...

92ph44QhXWBLRCl6.jpg.40b1675bd4ee4a3fe91b45df235bcdc8.jpg

...but will definitely make for a suitably sweet alternate marshcrawla sloggoth conversion with the little grots falling out and holding onto the tipped back howda. 🤘

• LOVE IT! 2

What an incredible send-off to 3rd edition! Lovely, lovely models. While 3rd took a turn toward a darker, grittier fantasy than the one I initially fell in love with, these models - and everything else released over the past few years - has just been stellar. 

I really love Darkoath being a mirror to Cities of Sigmar, not just conceptually, but with actual models.

One thing that - in my opinion - held Age of Sigmar (and "new"/post-2017 WH40K) back for a while, was the lopsided incongruence between old and new models. Chunky Primaris facing off against decades-old Eldar Guardians and tiny Chaos Marines, chad Stormcasts towering over ancient zombie models and derpy Saurus Warriors, etc. etc.

I really love how things are starting to balance themselves out more, visually speaking, and how the renewed emphasis on the Mortals of the Mortal Realms have grounded the setting in more ways than one.

• Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 3

27 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

My God. I didn't imagine that Darkoath would get everything together in one box and with their own tome...

I may have to skip Callis and Tome and send back Sekhar and her beasts for this... Glad I've not yet opened it while working on other models.

It’s not their own tome, it’s a supplement for Slaves to Darkness Ala the Ironjawz one recently. 

• Like 1

Whats the point of these books, if they wont release Khull as a main villain of series? 

He got much more screen time, than Lady of Ruin. 

Will wait for the box with updated Khull, wrathmongers and updated Scyla for Dawnbringers 6.

2 minutes ago, Karriko said:

Whats the point of these books, if they wont release Khull as a main villain of series? 

He got much more screen time, than Lady of Ruin. 

Will wait for the box with updated Khull, wrathmongers and updated Scyla for Dawnbringers 6.

Creating a more diverse and interesting setting. Imagine all the books are Khul vs Vandus. Booooriiiinnnng.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

OBR could still be part of the last Warcry box.

Unless they’re planning on releasing a Super-Elite warband or we’re getting flying Mortek Guard (Hopefully archers, javelineers, or other skirmishers), that wing probably isn’t from Warcry, because I can’t see what role smaller Morghasts would fill, and a 5x unit of regular Morghasts would be too weird of a warband. 

5 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Unless they’re planning on releasing a Super-Elite warband or we’re getting flying Mortek Guard (Hopefully archers, javelineers, or other skirmishers), that wing probably isn’t from Warcry, because I can’t see what role smaller Morghasts would fill, and a 5x unit of regular Morghasts would be too weird of a warband. 

It probably has some sort of ape skeleton if we could learn anything from past releases.

Could be just the one leader with a unit of something else added. Sorry dont know much about OBR.

Edited by Gitzdee

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Creating a more diverse and interesting setting. Imagine all the books are Khul vs Vandus. Booooriiiinnnng.

So,is finishing the story before beginning the new one boring?

I dont think you want AoS to be become new 40k lorewise with loads of Chechov's guns on walls that will never ever shoot. 

5 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

Really hoping this is a Gotrek standard plastic mini...🤞

Nice to see the Darkoath army set- it explains why the video was uploaded and hidden if they where going to show it off so soon..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Karriko said:

So,is finishing the story before beginning the new one boring?

I dont think you want AoS to be become new 40k lorewise with loads of Chechov's guns on walls that will never ever shoot. 

I find it more interesting having parallel histories running, which could lead to some interconnections, than having blocks starting and ending (as long as they keep moving).

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

Wow these are amazing, I don't want to lean too heavily into the Darkoath side as I am happy with my Warcry units to scratch my Maruader itch but that wilderbeast and the cavalry are very tempting. 

But I just got offered a nice little contract and this gets announced right after the Cities Spearhead and Callis and Toll... seems like the divine will of the Chaos Gods for me to remain destitute.

• LOVE IT! 1

52 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

This fella is right proper unto itself...

92ph44QhXWBLRCl6.jpg.40b1675bd4ee4a3fe91b45df235bcdc8.jpg

...but will definitely make for a suitably sweet alternate marshcrawla sloggoth conversion with the little grots falling out and holding onto the tipped back howda. 🤘

Mate. Please do this I need to see it!!

51 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

What an incredible send-off to 3rd edition! Lovely, lovely models. While 3rd took a turn toward a darker, grittier fantasy than the one I initially fell in love with, these models - and everything else released over the past few years - has just been stellar. 

I really love Darkoath being a mirror to Cities of Sigmar, not just conceptually, but with actual models.

One thing that - in my opinion - held Age of Sigmar (and "new"/post-2017 WH40K) back for a while, was the lopsided incongruence between old and new models. Chunky Primaris facing off against decades-old Eldar Guardians and tiny Chaos Marines, chad Stormcasts towering over ancient zombie models and derpy Saurus Warriors, etc. etc.

I really love how things are starting to balance themselves out more, visually speaking, and how the renewed emphasis on the Mortals of the Mortal Realms have grounded the setting in more ways than one.

AOS is really coming into its own now. 4th Edition will be the one to hit it home in terms of model releases with Skaven being refreshed, Chaos Duardin released and hopefully new Waves for 1st and 2nd Edition Factions alongside Ogors hopefully!!

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Wow these are amazing, I don't want to lean too heavily into the Darkoath side as I am happy with my Warcry units to scratch my Maruader itch but that wilderbeast and the cavalry are very tempting. 

But I just got offered a nice little contract and this gets announced right after the Cities Spearhead and Callis and Toll... seems like the divine will of the Chaos Gods for me to remain destitute.

Sounds like the Gods have a plan for you!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1