The Rumour Thread

If we're going by armies in need of updates "technically" gitmob have one kit... ONE! 😝

So they should be first and foremost. Heh. They just suffer from the destro soup tome syndrome. All you other GAs don't know how well you have it. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Maybe, but if there is any fairness in GW planning (not that i believe in it), both CoS and FEC should now stand at the very end of a long, long queue.Β 

It has historically not been that clear cut. Lumineth, Slaanesh and Nighthaunt are good examples of queue jumping.

Personally, I think CoS has a good chance of getting another fairly large release next edition. They are kind of a special case that from the perspective of GW might warrant extra attention, because of their narrative importance and the unsatisfying arrangement with Dispossessed and Dark Elves.

I don't see it for FEC, though. They feel like a pretty complete faction right now.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

While true, the counter argument could also be, that KO, FS, IDK, nor OBR do not have Old World models in their lines that need replacing.

And all of them apart from FS have a decent range.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’d be annoyed if one of the Wave 2s goes to two of the largest factions (Gloomspite and Cities) as opposed to KO, FS, Idoneth, or the Bonereapers who all need it far more. We even know the Bonereapers are getting a new Morghast of some description.Β 

To be very honest I would be happy if they release 1-2 troop choices for Fyreslayers and KO and maybe one small or medium size monster/vehicle/mounted unit.Β  I think GW could easily pull this off compared to a wave 2 and not mention will inject some interest back into those factions.

I mean the new Fyreslayer warband models are amazing... and this is coming from a very critical person!Β 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

If we're going by armies in need of updates "technically" gitmob have one kit... ONE! 😝

So they should be first and foremost. Heh. They just suffer from the destro soup tome syndrome. All you other GAs don't know how well you have it. 😁

We kruleboyz say that gitmob grots are welcome to join us.

2nd KB wave and gitmob. Two snotlings with one stone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Let's examine CoS, and new kits only, shall we?

Monster leader? Check.

Foot general? Check.

Mounted general? Check.

Magic / special leader? Check.

Mage? Check.

War machine? Check.

Infantry? Check.

Shooters? Check.

Cavalry? Check.

And there is still Command Corps and Fusil Major.

Seems very decent - and even more so if you don't play them, right?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Flippy said:

Let's examine CoS, and new kits only, shall we?

Monster leader? Check.

Foot general? Check.

Mounted general? Check.

Magic / special leader? Check.

Mage? Check.

War machine? Check.

Infantry? Check.

Shooters? Check.

Cavalry? Check.

And there is still Command Corps and Fusil Major.

Seems very decent - and even more so if you don't play them, right?

I totally agree. It is a decent amount.

My problem with factions that still have TOW models is that you are buying something that is going to "expire" sooner than the rest of the range. That's why I consider FEC a priority over other waves while I agree it is in a decent shape now (counting the old models).

KO, ID or OBSR (I leave FS aside because they are clearly the most needed of the AoS only armies) could have a smaller or wider range. More complete or less complete, but you know that whatever you purchase it is going to have a decent life span.

I would love that GW has the capacity to renew everything at once, but as it is not realistic I would go first to hunt down as many TOW minis as possible, and if that means that KO would have waves 2 and 3 in a small period of time, go for it. Bigger joice for the KO players. once hat

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The Bonereapers have 16 units that aren’t from Fantasy and 2 of those are from 1 Underworlds band, with redundancy between the Morghasts and Necropolis Stalker. That’s not a β€œDecent Range”, there’s an entire subfaction who only benefits 2 units because they specialize in Cavalry and the BONEREAPERS ONLY HAVE 2 CAV CHOICES.Β 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

FS do have variety and diversity.Β 

There's naked dwarves with axes and ginger beards.

and

There's ginger bearded axe wielding dwarves with no clothes on.

What more do you want?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Beliman said:

"Decent range" is so subjective that we can't use it as an argument

I base myself on the number of AoS kits available (not counting those with more than 1 assembly).

OBR: 16.
FS: 12.
ID: 15.
KO: 14.
FEC: 13.
CoS: 13.

After counting them... FS is not in that bad shape. Let's wait another 9 years to get them their wave 2.

** Note the count could be wrong as I don't know the factions enough. I just opened the Warhammer web.

That being said, renewals and waves would always be a tricky topic a none of us would be objective. We all want waves and waves for our beloved faction/s.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Confused 1

FS has to be up for some sort of wave sooner rather than later. Between the Flamekeeper, Vulkyn Flameseekers and the Runesmiter anniversary model it's clear that they have locked in a new design direction which blends perfectly well with the old one.

The question is not if they get a wave, only when and how big it will be. Hopefully during 4th and at least FeC size (but fewer heroes and more units).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Welcome to the club. KOs, Fyreslayers and a bunch of other armies are in the same spot, some of them even since 2016!

My only advise, don't expect anything and you will not be disappointed

I agree with you, but the way things tend to work out in practice is that armies that have recently been worked on are often more likely to get more content soon compared to armies that haven't darkened the desks of the design team in 5+ years. It's the classic "we made a ton of stuff we'll dribble out in waves over the next couple of years" vs "Wait, we still make dwarfs for AoS???"

To me, CoS feels like an obvious first wave that will be added to before long. FEC, I dunno, I'm not really expecting anything major there unless their battletome hints at a lot of stuff or something, I wouldn't know.

Fyreslayers have actually been getting a lot of attention lately, I fully expect they'll get at least a small wave of new models in 4E.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, EntMan said:

FS do have variety and diversity.Β 

There's naked dwarves with axes and ginger beards.

and

There's ginger bearded axe wielding dwarves with no clothes on.

What more do you want?

To be fair to the Fyreslayers, they're also the only Warhammer Fantasy/AOS/Bloodbowl faction to actually have female dwarf models in their range.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

To be fair to the Fyreslayers, they're also the only Warhammer Fantasy/AOS/Bloodbowl faction to actually have female dwarf models in their range.

Yes. Unfortunately all other female dwarves seemingly have to wait until the otherwise grimdark far future to get decent representation.

6 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Yes. Unfortunately all other female dwarves seemingly have to wait until the otherwise grimdark far future to get decent representation.

Another proper reason to have more CoS waves sooner rather than later and it doesn't have to be at all that it is my main army.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

FS: 12.
ID: 15.
KO: 14.

If you count multi-assembly as single kit, we have:

FS: 5 heroes, 1 monster, 2 units. One terrain piece and spells kit. The most neglected army of all.

IDK: 4 heroes, 2 monster-heroes, 4 units, 1 big monster, terrain piece.Β 

KO: 7 heroes (!), 3 units, 3 ships.

I would say that of all half-baked factions, IDK and KO are obviously more developed than FS, and OBR are a step ahead of IDK / KO, thanks to WHFB leftovers (Nagash, Arkhan, Morghasts).Β 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

The Destro Soup Syndrome was soooo bad when the Sons released. Not here of course but other sites where people we rightly complaining about lack of updates to Ogors and Warclans and people kept hitting back that they just got Mega Gargants...

46 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I would go first to hunt down as many TOW minis as possible, and if that means that KO would have waves 2 and 3 in a small period of time, go for it. Bigger joice for the KO players. once hat

I do agree with this. We need to rip TOW bandaid off as soon as possible.

30 minutes ago, Snarff said:

FS has to be up for some sort of wave sooner rather than later. Between the Flamekeeper, Vulkyn Flameseekers and the Runesmiter anniversary model it's clear that they have locked in a new design direction which blends perfectly well with the old one.

The question is not if they get a wave, only when and how big it will be. Hopefully during 4th and at least FeC size (but fewer heroes and more units).

In my opinion Fyreslayers have been done the most dirty of all AOS Factions and deserve the most love and attention from Order Factions next Edition next to Stormcast.

And thats coming from an Ogor player who has had only 2(!?) Mainline AOS minis in almost 10 years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Maybe, but if there is any fairness in GW planning (not that i believe in it), both CoS and FEC should now stand at the very end of a long, long queue.Β 

Ofcourse there is no fairness in the line-up of releases. I assume they need to meet a certain tresshold each period. The releases will be tuned to this. So popular armies will always be ahead in the que. I certainly expect a new wave for CoS, StD and Lumineth during 4th.

1 hour ago, Someravella said:

We kruleboyz say that gitmob grots are welcome to join us.

2nd KB wave and gitmob. Two snotlings with one stone.

Legit!✊️

I say bring them in and make it a new spiritual successor to orcs & goblins.Β 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Ofcourse there is no fairness in the line-up of releases. I assume they need to meet a certain tresshold each period. The releases will be tuned to this. So popular armies will always be ahead in the que. I certainly expect a new wave for CoS, StD and Lumineth during 4th.

While I know their typical behaviour (and I don't usually complain) it is somewhat intriguing that GW always seems to gravitate towards this flawed 40k approach with main (every year brings new SM!) and background factions (Warp Spiders celebrate their 30th birthday this year. Stay strong!). Sometimes, I would really like to just seat and listen during their management board meetings.Β 

• Like 1

As a Deepkin main, we don't NEED new stuff. We need rules reworks. Our army is outclassed by everyone else because our gimmicks are negated by other rules.

Β 

Shield Eels need to be a 3+ ethereal or 4+ unrendable save with a 3+ save on the charge.

Β 

Alternatively, a 4+ with 5+ ward would Also be acceptable.

Β 

Spear Eels should just do impact hits on the charge. The once per game dice roll is useless.

Β 

The turtle needs to drop to 350 points to be worth it.

Β 

This alone would buff the army and make it hBe staying power.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Legit!✊️

I say bring them in and make it a new spiritual successor to orcs & goblins.Β 

May gorkamorka hear you ! Grot and Hobgrot for kruleboyz !!!Β 

• Like 2