The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

- Couple of models for 40k, pretty likely Ork and Custodes as you said.
- One of the models from Book VI for AoS. I expect book 5 to be put in preorders this Sunday, plus we already got all its content.
- Something for BB, that goose looks like a BB character.
- The one or two new sculpted dawis for TOW.

I think you will find it will be one 40K model, one AOS model and then something else. And maybe an announcement about Dwarfs. But all the big stuff will be Adepticon and it makes sense not to spoil anything before it to keep the excitement up. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Deux armées récemment rafraîchies ? Pourquoi s’attendrait-on à une vague 2 de si tôt ?

Only Varghulf Courtier has been refreshed, other units is new. It was more a wave 2 than refresh.

34 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Because comparing them to the other armies "requesting" wave 2, their AoS models are quite low in quantity. Also, I just listed roughly what has been asked in the thread during the last months and seems more or less plausible.

I don't know... CoS received 11 kits (a lot!) and FEC got 9, which means that they now how about the same number as FS, KO and IDK - but, of course, on top of their existing, older range. While I can imagine something for CoS (not that it's really needed, but it is a varied faction, important in narrative) I would say that FEC are done for a very long time. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Even removing that. Doesn't look like there's still too much stuff for just one edition?

• Rats
  • Chorfs
  • Malerion
  • Tirion
  • KO wave 2
  • FS wave 2
  • ID wave 2
  • COS wave 2
  • FEC wave 2
  • SoB wave 2
  • Ogors renewal
  • Beasts renewal
  • Gitmob
  • More stormcasts, ofc. Never forget stormcasts
  • OBR wave 2
  • Chaos gods based factions wave 2

IMO Tirion and Malerion would be moved into 5th as well. Would be weird to have them in the same ed as chorfs. And even removing those two, feels a pretty chunky ed. The VS boxes tend to have dew new models, so something else would go for 5th ed, to me. Pretty likely Gitmob and some of the wave 2 factions.

Here's my outlandish prediction based on that list. 

Tyrion will appear in the 4th edition ending campaign but like Kroak, his army won't turn up until 5th edition. Malerion will fall to chaos and be the 5th edition starter faction. He will ally with Belakor. There will be a new range of shadow deamons. 

4th edition will see updates for

Skaven, Stormcast, Chaos Duardin, OBR, IDK, either Fyreslayers or KO not both, Ogors, gitmob in gloomspite and 2 out Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch. 

That makes 10 updates which is the same as this edition. Cities will get another warcry warband and an Underworlds warband but no 2nd wave. FeC will get another Underworlds warband. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Two recently refreshed armies? Why would we expect wave 2 any time soon?

Cities is clearly half-baked and FEC eventually needs replacements for its older kits (especially Ghouls).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, EntMan said:

It's Dawnbringers Story Day on WarCom 😀

I wonder who we'll hear about today. I'm hoping for, but very far from expecting, some more about the Kin of the Stag. 

Its Khul's time. Or lady of ruin.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Even removing that. Doesn't look like there's still too much stuff for just one edition?

• Rats
  • Chorfs
  • Malerion
  • Tirion
  • KO wave 2
  • FS wave 2
  • ID wave 2
  • COS wave 2
  • FEC wave 2
  • SoB wave 2
  • Ogors renewal
  • Beasts renewal
  • Gitmob
  • More stormcasts, ofc. Never forget stormcasts
  • OBR wave 2
  • Chaos gods based factions wave 2

IMO Tirion and Malerion would be moved into 5th as well. Would be weird to have them in the same ed as chorfs. And even removing those two, feels a pretty chunky ed. The VS boxes tend to have dew new models, so something else would go for 5th ed, to me. Pretty likely Gitmob and some of the wave 2 factions.

I think KO, Fyreslayers, IDK and OBR all getting second waves is probably a bit too optimistic. Maybe a Warcry warband for 2 of them, small second waves for the other 2.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think you will find it will be one 40K model, one AOS model and then something else. And maybe an announcement about Dwarfs. But all the big stuff will be Adepticon and it makes sense not to spoil anything before it to keep the excitement up. 

Do we know the time yet of the preview ? Morning or afternoon?

38 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Malerion will fall to chaos and be the 5th edition starter faction. He will ally with Belakor. There will be a new range of shadow deamons. 

This would be awesome, however unlikely it may be.

8 minutes ago, cyrus said:

There won't be a proper preview. Very likely just a series of warcom articles like the last year.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Nope. Just weekend and sometime. If I was going to guess, I'd say around midday Saturday UK time but it could be any time.

On another but similar note

image.png.418aa74bc9a339999214464152c5f216.png

I doubt the preview is two hours long but allows for a Q and A session with people. For UK time, that's 21st March at 0100.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be disappointed if Cities of Sigmar went through 4th edition as they currently are. In my ideal world, I would like to see CoS get a 2nd wave of 9 kits. 3 Human kits (Religious character, New Flaggelents, Cogfort) 3 Aelve kits (Character, 10 man infantry kit, Cavalry kit) and 3 Duradin kits (Character, 10 man infantry kit, Warmachine) all done in the new CoS aesthetic. Then remove all the current Duradin and (Dark) Aelve kits from the range. 

That would "complete" the range. It would be all new models in the AoS aesthetic and could be added to through Warcry/ Underworlds in the future. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I would be disappointed if Cities of Sigmar went through 4th edition as they currently are.

Welcome to the club. KOs, Fyreslayers and a bunch of other armies are in the same spot, some of them even since 2016!

My only advise, don't expect anything and you will not be disappointed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Voici ma prédiction farfelue basée sur cette liste. 

Tyrion apparaîtra dans la campagne de fin de la 4e édition mais comme Kroak, son armée n'apparaîtra pas avant la 5e édition. Malerion sombrera dans le chaos et deviendra la faction de départ de la 5e édition. Il s'alliera à Belakor. Il y aura une nouvelle gamme de démons de l’ombre. 

La 4ème édition verra des mises à jour pour

Skaven, Stormcast, Chaos Duardin, OBR, IDK, soit Fyreslayers, soit KO pas les deux, Ogors, gitmob dans gloomspite et 2 sur Khorne, Nurgle et Tzeentch. 

Cela fait 10 mises à jour identiques à cette édition. Les villes recevront une autre bande de cris de guerre et une bande de guerre des Enfers, mais pas de deuxième vague. FeC recevra une autre bande de guerre des Enfers. 

I'll be septic if Malerion faction's make alliance with the dark master and join the Chaos Grand Alliance.

I’d be annoyed if one of the Wave 2s goes to two of the largest factions (Gloomspite and Cities) as opposed to KO, FS, Idoneth, or the Bonereapers who all need it far more. We even know the Bonereapers are getting a new Morghast of some description. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’d be annoyed if one of the Wave 2s goes to two of the largest factions (Gloomspite and Cities) as opposed to KO, FS, Idoneth, or the Bonereapers who all need it far more. We even know the Bonereapers are getting a new Morghast of some description. 

Imo you cannot consider a faction one of the largest when the majority of their roster is using WHFB minis. It is just a project of a faction.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Because comparing them to the other armies "requesting" wave 2, their AoS models are quite low in quantity. Also, I just listed roughly what has been asked in the thread during the last months and seems more or less plausible.

Agreed on Cities wave 2. There are clearly gaps to be addressed. I don't see it on FEC. Maybe just a kit or 2 light.

22 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Welcome to the club. KOs, Fyreslayers and a bunch of other armies are in the same spot, some of them even since 2016!

My only advise, don't expect anything and you will not be disappointed

Kharadron, Fyreslayers, Idoneth and Ossairchs all need a Wave 2 before Cities and FEC.

Ogors and Skaven deserve range updates before the vast majority of the Factions as well.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Kharadron, Fyreslayers, Idoneth and Ossairchs all need a Wave 2 before Cities and FEC.

While true, the counter argument could also be, that KO, FS, IDK, nor OBR do not have Old World models in their lines that need replacing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Danaork said:

I'll be septic if Malerion faction's make alliance with the dark master and join the Chaos Grand Alliance.

I agree

Malerion is not the old Witch King of WFB pragmatic which hate Chaos but ally sometimes with them. 
Malerion is the only god which don't have lost his realm against Chaos. Neither Archaon or Be'lakor have dominate Ulgu, why he would ally with Chaos ? Yes it seems he don't like Tyrion and Teclis, but against Sigmar ? Not really, he gave him the Gladitorium (yes he can spy but it's not important) to help the Stormcast training. 
Ulgu under Malerion was a pacific realm for philosophers, it's not Naggaroth.

Shadow Daemon are just traitors for everyone. They don't care who they help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Cities is clearly half-baked and FEC eventually needs replacements for its older kits (especially Ghouls).

Maybe, but if there is any fairness in GW planning (not that i believe in it), both CoS and FEC should now stand at the very end of a long, long queue. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2