The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is half refresh - half purge. It is strange that Skaven had mantain that amount of old kits to finally get squatted after 3 editions of the game.

I don't find it strange. Imo it is all about capabilities and time. You cannot renew them all in one ed, so in the end there is going to be a faction that had more or less old minis slipping into 4th or even 5th ed. It was just a coincidence that Skaven had a chunky number of old stuff. CoS could be considered more or less the same case.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't find it strange. Imo it is all about capabilities and time. You cannot renew them all in one ed, so in the end there is going to be a faction that had more or less old minis slipping into 4th or even 5th ed. It was just a coincidence that Skaven had a chunky number of old stuff. CoS could be considered more or less the same case.

It's especially true if you consider lead times. In an interview about the 9th edition starter box Jes Goodwin said that concept work for the box started 5 years before release. By that logic, the decision to make Skaven the 4th edition launch faction was probably made some time in 2nd edition. That's why we haven't had much support for them so far. 

I'm sure GW already know what the 5th edition launch faction will be. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Never mind the rats, but what new Stormcast Chamber are we getting to face them? Pestcontrolators?

Ruination Chamber. Check one of the latest Whitefang messages:

He hinted that they are kinda similar to the Death Company.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

It is half refresh - half purge. It is strange that Skaven had mantain that amount of old kits to finally get squatted after 3 editions of the game.

Maybe I'm heavily coping, but given how Pestilens and Eshin got some miniatures in the last 2 years, I'd risk it and say that these clans will get some love, or at least a few 2-3 new kits in the far future, before the decade ends.

8 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Maybe I'm heavily coping, but given how Pestilens and Eshin got some miniatures in the last 2 years, I'd risk it and say that these clans will get some love, or at least a few 2-3 new kits in the far future, before the decade ends.

Before the decade ends is such an open concept xD by that time everything we have so far would be refreshed by at least a 75% I would say.

Hang on one dang Hyshian second.

A new Skaven minis sprue has leaked. And @Whitefang has hinted at Gitmob?

No. Wife no dont look at the screen its nothing I swear dont judge me.

No its just a Pre Order page Im just browsing I swear!!

WIFE WIFE DONT LOOK AT MY BASKET I SWEAR IT WAS JUST FOR FUN I SWEAR I DIDNT CLICK ON ANYTHING!!

Divorced.

• Haha 14
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hang on one dang Hyshian second.

A new Skaven minis sprue has leaked. And @Whitefang has hinted at Gitmob?

No. Wife no dont look at the screen its nothing I swear dont judge me.

No its just a Pre Order page Im just browsing I swear!!

WIFE WIFE DONT LOOK AT MY BASKET I SWEAR IT WAS JUST FOR FUN I SWEAR I DIDNT CLICK ON ANYTHING!!

Divorced.

I don't think Gitmob is coming. Sad to say, but I think that the Whitefang's reactions are not going to the Gitmob's release.

14 hours ago, SG Warhound said:

Singapore Warhound

My life for LEAK!

The Hyper-Warp-Ratling-Cannonade

:)

Skryre has More-More-More!

Refresh

Arch-Warlock

Warlock Engineer

—And—

New Warlock!

Galvaneer with warpvolt obliterators

(Is that u? Plasmancer?)

Whitefang liked this SG Warhound's post too!  💪🐁🐀

maybe "warpvolt obliterators" are the "Skaven new invention"  that can "destroy" Stormcasts' souls ??

9 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Whitefang liked this SG Warhound's post too!  💪🐁🐀

maybe "warpvolt obliterators" are the "Skaven new invention"  that can "destroy" Stormcasts' souls ??

Looking at the name and comparing it with the short we got from warcom, seems very plausible. Also, worth mentioning that a whitefang like could mean there are parts that are right, but not necessarily everything.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Imo in this case A souldestroyer gun equals a setting destroyer gun since not even demons are safe - it’s also a level of power not even gods can achieve. 

Actually soul destruction is incredibly easy, seeing as how the Sacrosanct Chamber has weapons capable of doing that. 

The true purpose of these weapons is not to engage mortal foes, but to slay the otherworldly. Should a stormsmite greatmace strike a creature not of the waking world, such as a gheist or daemon, it can blast apart that entity forever, banishing it from the Mortal Realms.

Edited by BarakUrbaz