The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

At first I wanted to say Darkoath but as it does have a very druidic/ shamistic vibe to it it could always be destruction based.

Yes , It doesn't match with runes of chaos.

a4ff5f616ff25b874115147f4cf6b5ec.jpg

It seems a shaman staff anyway 

Edited by cyrus

On 2/16/2024 at 6:06 AM, Whitefang back me up said:

Or Indexes? 

I'm really torn on the idea of indexes. Overall I think it's good for the game, and helps ensure everyone is on the same playing field and don't have to wait up to 3 years to get a battletome updated for the current edition. The most grossly overpowered armies in this edition were the armies using 2nd edition battletomes for a long time (Beasts of Chaos, Flesheater Courts, Seraphon, Cities) and the White Dwarf updates were a clunky solution.

As a Stormcast player, I know the index will be invalidated quickly by the new Battletome, and then the battletome will be power crept out of relevance within 1-2 years. 

As a Seraphon player I would be very happy to get new rules because the 3rd edition book really missed the mark for me.

As a new FEC player, I would be annoyed that my new Battletome would get invalidated so quickly. This wouldn't be such a problem if FEC got an index at the start of this edition.

I don't follow 40k closely, but my impression is that the 40k team has handled updating the indexes very well. They just released an entirely new index for Dark Eldar. Even if it is just copy/pasted from their upcoming codex, at least it shows a commitment to making sure no army is left behind for long periods of time.

The only complaints I've heard about 40k indexes is that some armies are way too strong (Eldar) and some armies are lacking flavour (Death Guard). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I am divided on this one.

The overall picture looks bonesplitterz-ish, the round mark looks tau-ish to me and the top bits around what looks like a stone/ gem look idoneth-ish.

If we put them together now, it would go something like ID-BONE-TAU - Slaanesh confirmed! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Its been a while since i have done this.

But.

Its a symbol for the underground.

And what is under ground?

Edit: A hint. It ends with People.

Edit: its got nothing to do with 

image.png.d934ef129a2c227050b45c5c8699d198.png

I was intrigued by this short paragraph at the end of Dawnbringers 4 entitled "The Embergard Visitation"

Spoiler

Even as the Dawners purged the last undead from Embergard's surface, passages were discovered leading into the mountains of Ashenmount. Within these catacombs were discovered two prizes: glowing veins of emberstone and the signs of a buried city of death. Yet rather than some new attack by the undead, all that met the crusaders was silence - though those who first began mining operations still murmured of phantasmal shapes scurrying though the blackness

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1