The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, DD-Lord said:

Male fodder slave soldiers, I want Helot inspired elf men with round shields and spears with collars, trying desperately to win some sort of favor from Khaine and the priesthood in this hyper-misandristic society they were born in.

You know GW will just interpret that as a request for more value boxes full of Doomfire Warlocks right 😄

24 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

You know GW will just interpret that as a request for more value boxes full of Doomfire Warlocks right 😄

GW's dream battlebox: Doomfire warlocks Vs. Tazaangors.

• Haha 10

51 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

It's funny, because all they need is to write them a good warscroll and people would rush to buy all the stock out. And seeing how the Black Knights have, eventually, become somewhat relevant, maybe not all hope is lost yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

It's funny, because all they need is to write them a good warscroll and people would rush to buy all the stock out. And seeing how the Black Knights have, eventually, become somewhat relevant, maybe not all hope is lost yet.

This. GW tends to switch around whats good as editions change. Thats what j noticed for the armies i play. 

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

My spider sense is tingling. The gambler in me wants to snap up all the cheap doomfires on ebay in preparation for an absolutely filthy army of renown.

11 hours ago, Gutsu17 said:

We have 3 elven armies (sylvaneth, lumineth and daughters) i see no problem with having equal amounts of Elven and Dwarven factions

The Forgotten Nightmares Idoneth rule is so strong!

Seriously though, the Sylvaneth are hardly an elven (elvish?) army. I have a friend who collects and plays Sylvaneth and we discussed recently how the elvish flavour is now all but missing from this army - for better or worse. My personal view is that currently, if you would try to play something similar to the Wood Elves of old (Elves, not forest spirits) you should pick Idoneth.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Luperci said:

Jervis Johnson was the driving force behind narrative rules and he hasn't been in the team for a while now

200w.gif

Edit: noticed a lot of confused reactions from short-beards. I'll leave you here a sample of AoS 1 rules. 

Ancient Dignity: Dragons are ancient and prideful creatures, and the Elves that ride them are no less haughty, but from such nobility and dignity stems an inner strength. If, during your entire hero phase, you can maintain a dignified (even
arrogant) composure and not smile, smirk or laugh regardless of your opponent’s antics, you may re-roll all hit rolls of 1 made for models in a Dragon Host until your next hero phase.

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Gutsu17 said:

We have 3 elven armies (sylvaneth, lumineth and daughters) i see no problem with having equal amounts of Elven and Dwarven factions

I agree, but if I had to choose, I prefer to have Fyrelsayers and Kharadrons and expand their range with various sub-themes. If Dispossessed are going the way of the Dodo, I hope that the "viking-like" style remains in 3 or 4 units for Fyreslayers. Same with Pirate-Slayers for Kharadron Overlords (melee foot-troops) and stuff like that.

12 hours ago, DD-Lord said:

So many of you here seem to want more Scathborn for DoK, but you know what I want?

Male fodder slave soldiers, I want Helot inspired elf men with round shields and spears with collars, trying desperately to win some sort of favor from Khaine and the priesthood in this hyper-misandristic society they were born in.

Some ranged bow-wielding Covenite sisters would also be nice.

Is a Helot the male version of a harlot? 🤔

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

About Grugni's duardin look, I think they would follow the Hobbit Iron Hill dwarves' aesthetic. Very geometrical, with some turtle reminder, with scales and big chunky shields:

image.png.50aa9b970e66b97e34390ff63e11f043.png
image.png.cdf4ec0f111b27f4a59121ede5e51632.png

That in addition to some golemkind similar to what we have in WoW:

image.png.b5532b6751c2045bfa9eda366df9f3f6.png

Those two have a very cohesive look, IMO.

The problem with that is it is pretty derivative of the LOTR aesthetic. 

I think a cool aesthetic for Grungi's Duardin would be to have a prevalance of fur, pelts, hide and leather. The Khardon have the heavy metal armour look already. 

Have a hunter/mountian-man aesthetic. Big pipes, cross-bows, hammers and tool boxes with big fur lined cloaks made from leathery hide. Buckles, belts . Sleigh-chariots pulled by Rhinox style creaturers, Stone tricycles. Funnily enough, GW touched on what I think would work with the Leagues of Votann's Grimnyr model.01-01.jpg.45025c059c46323f2065f23fdaff08d2.jpg

With it being AoS they could really push the "magical rock and ore" dynamic. With them being used to power wacky vehicles and war machines. You could even have them "becoming one with the mountain" with rock and crystal sprouting from their skin and beards, fusing with and becoming part of the moutains themselves. I played around with Image creator for some concepts. This is something approaching how I thinik Grungi's Duardin could work. 

AoSRealmTombs(1).jpg.a5c683b39b125ee2c3115aac29b581fa.jpg

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Hollow said:

The problem with that is it is pretty derivative of the LOTR aesthetic. 

I think a cool aesthetic for Grungi's Duardin would be to have a prevalance of fur, pelts, hide and leather. The Khardon have the  heavy metal armour look. 

Have a hunter/mountian-man aesthetic. Big pipes, cross-bows, hammers and tool boxes with big fur lined cloaks made from leathery hide. Buckels, belts . Sleigh-chariots pulled by Rhinox style creaturers. Funnily enough, GW touched on what I think would work with the Leagues of Votann's Grimnyr model.01-01.jpg.45025c059c46323f2065f23fdaff08d2.jpg

With it being AoS they could really push the "magical rock and ore" dynamic. With them being used to power wacky vehicles and war machines. You could even have them "becoming one with the mountian" with rock and crystal sprouting from their skin and beards, fusing with and becoming part of the moutians themselves. I played around with Image creator for some concepts. This is something approaching how I thinik Grungi's Duardin could work. 

AoSRealmTombs(1).jpg.a5c683b39b125ee2c3115aac29b581fa.jpg

Now that you mention vehicles. Maybe it is focused on golems, machines and vehicles. Removing stuff like the Gyro and the Steam tank and giving them those two, the cog fort and something else. Without stepping on the Kharadron's feet, mainly focused on ground vehicles.

And deffo, that Votann could easily be a dispossessed. The nice point is that it would come with the Combat Patrol magazine, so we could get it cheap for conversions.

3 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

considering (if memory serves) the vast majority of people who buy GW minis literally never or veeeery rarely play with them, I am not even sure that would have a particularly noticeable impact

Just now, Marcvs said:

considering (if memory serves) the vast majority of people who buy GW minis literally never or veeeery rarely play with them, I am not even sure that would have a particularly noticeable impact

There are also a lot if non competitive players who mostly care about playing  models they emjoyed painting or just liked their look

3 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I think a lot of people also buy models with the intention of playing with them... at some point, they just never actually do. 

We don't have to lie. Prolly a 90% of us buy minis that would be in sprue forever xD

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

On the one hand, I think you are right and strong rules are not as big of a driver of miniature sales as most people think.

On the other hand, I was unable to buy any of the good OBR units for probably like 6 months after their new book released.

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

On the one hand, I think you are right and strong rules are not as big of a driver of miniature sales as most people think.

On the other hand, I was unable to buy any of the good OBR units for probably like 6 months after their new book released.

I remember how evay was flooded by full on dreadnought ironhands armies after the nerfs gw brought in 8th edition 40k

20 hours ago, lele said:

- My bet on Dawnbringer VI at the end of February: Slaves Spider King vs Slaanesh Champion vs Nurlge

- Model from Novel: Godeater's Son

- Warcry: Ossiarch vs Tzeentch

- Skaven: ??, we wont have skaven untill 4.0 

1. There have been no hints about Slaanesh or a Spider King in the previous dawnbringer books, I think you're allowing your wishlist into your predictions - and this is despite me wanting more Slaanesh stuff just as much as me.

I don't think we've seem anything about Nurgle since book 1, but it would make sense following their harbinger

But the Lady of Ruin and the Khorne character have been far more prominent throughout the story, so they will probably be released with Db6.

2. That'd be cool, but with Neave's crew and Callis and Toll, AoS has probably already seen its complement of BL characters for this year

3. Tzeentch had their warcry warband last season. Ossiarch remains possible, but that would be bucking the trend of an order faction against another GA of this season.

4. I still believe (and hope) the last dawnbringers book will have a skaven centrepiece character, but no more than one

7 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

If we'll ever get Grungni's Duardin, it'll be like the Lumineth were for High Elves - making sense why Dispossessed/old Dawi kits are in TOW (ie, they'll get phased out from AoS). I'm personally fine with that, keep AoS weird and wild. I also foresee Chorfs being wildly different than we remember them, but I personally hope they'll still retain the big hats! I could never live knowing Lumineth would have mightier hats than my beloved Chorfs 😭

See, I actually think that Chaos Dwarves with their babylonian aesthetics, blunderbusses and big hats are fairly unique already, whereas Dispossessed could be mixed up with Tolkien dwarves, so the latter would be more likely to change imo

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I think a lot of people also buy models with the intention of playing with them... at some point, they just never actually do. 

Yep, that's me. I was angry about the points of the gutrippaz but then I was like "wait, I do not even play!".

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I do believe there's been some data to back it up, as far as tournament play is concerned, but I'm not sure you'd have a point when it comes to playing in general. As in, with friends, local store, etc. Take the Hexwraiths, for example. Visually, they don't fit the rest of the army at all, and neither are they particularly attractive in their own right. They're absolute pain in the backside to build. And yet, since they're pretty relevant rules-wise, they sell OK.

• Like 1

++++ MOD HAT ON ++++

I've just had to hide a couple of replies and now I need to remind you all that we want this forum to be family friendly (as much as can be discussing Warhammer). This means no swearing and generally being mindful about some of the things you say. 

Anyway, back to Rumours and it's 54 Days until Adepticon and probably the next preview. Maybe we'll start seeing leaks about the next edition..... :D 

• Like 3