The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Yep definitely sure!! Ill not judge renders in a videogame over an actual miniature which will be static and more detailed.

To be fair the only it I find weird is the nose. And I doubt this would change.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about ascended Khul and Vandus. I think ascended Khul is obviously easy to visualise, but what about Vandus? Just "another" Stormcast with Thunderstrike armour. How would you visualise a renewed Vandus that pops from the mass of the golden boys? Keeping his dracothian mount? Something else?

This is going to be controversial but I hope GW kills Calanax so Vandus has an extra reason to go cuckoo. Make him a foot SCE with a strong grimdark flair.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Garrac said:

I said "more credibility", not that he was all of the sudden a Warhammer preview.

The avatar of the Horned God thing seems like the thing that contradicts the Singapore rumours the most. I keep thinking that "New Verminlord" bit was refering to new variants for Moulder and Skyrre.

I just want them to feel like a proper chaos army.  Currently it feels like an afterthought that they were added to chaos(which it is)

11 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Didn't he say well see dwarves and o&g by the end of the month?

I also took it to mean they'll be released. It's not a big leap to guess GW would show something coming up on their launch day event. 

And didn't Whitefang laugh at the rumours? 

3 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

I don’t think the dwarfs will be revealed now. I heard that they would both be shown off at the open day but obviously that didn’t happen, hopefully they’ll be soon as the release schedule is going to be very aggressive as the main factions should be released completely  over the next year. 

Just want to add that the stuff for Dwarfs is out there… like advanced copies. I think they will be revealed soon. So that adds to this person’s credibility. 

• LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

This is going to be controversial but I hope GW kills Calanax so Vandus has an extra reason to go cuckoo. Make him a foot SCE with a strong grimdark flair.

I'll accept new SCE foot heroes only if 4 others are merged together/into a unit for each new one. Please, have mercy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Just want to add that the stuff for Dwarfs is out there… like advanced copies. I think they will be revealed soon. So that adds to this person’s credibility. 

So it will be a..... short wait? 

• Haha 16

57 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Waht if Khul kills Vandus to ascend that would be grimdark

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yep definitely sure!! Ill not judge renders in a videogame over an actual miniature which will be static and more detailed.

I think the prerender is pretty close to a mini actually for the most part when it comes to the details. Probably more small detail in the leather parts and ponytail and different overall proportions plus I figure that things like trim or other details might have less height but feels like an extremely good preview of the actual minis at least. 

The nose might look off now because the face is quite slim overall now and it‘s just a totally straight and broad line. 

50 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Really hoping for a new plastic trebuchet for the Dwarves... I'm fully aware it's a long shot...

I like the Dwarf Cannon... those things are a blast from the past...

Edit: Dig those Dwarf Miners too...

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

I don’t think the dwarfs will be revealed now. I heard that they would both be shown off at the open day but obviously that didn’t happen, hopefully they’ll be soon as the release schedule is going to be very aggressive as the main factions should be released completely  over the next year. 

Wat? 🙃

16 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

They are an upgrade but It include the Big Stabba option so It implies that the rules are designed with the AoS kit in mind.

Forest goblins have the same issue. Spider riders, Giant spiders and arachnaroks are rided by common goblins.

So they place holder savage orc and spider fang models in TOW until they redo their range In AoS or squatt them ? 

15 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

So they place holder savage orc and spider fang models in TOW until they redo their range In AoS or squatt them ? 

Pretty sure theres no Savage Orcs on OW, you can have a very limited number of them

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

There's no reason to think anything will happen with those models one way or another. The new Orc and Goblin's rules allow you to take Squig Hoppers with spears and armor (Y'know Bounders) even though that's a brand new AoS model and that option never existed in the old rules and there's no chance in hell of that kit getting reboxed and moved to TOW. The separation between the games is not an inflexible iron curtain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

Pretty sure theres no Savage Orcs on OW, you can have a very limited number of them

Yes there is no savage orc , but they are warpaint upgrades as Whitefang said . That’s why I’m asking if they placeholder savage orc through the upgrades actually until they resculpt bonesplitterz so they will move current bonesplitterz models to ToW ? Or the same way , they place holder savage orc in ToW until they squatt bonesplitterz at orruk V4 BT ? 

17 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

They are an upgrade but It include the Big Stabba option so It implies that the rules are designed with the AoS kit in mind.

Forest goblins have the same issue. Spider riders, Giant spiders and arachnaroks are rided by common goblins.

This actually makes me kind of happy. Still gives me hope that these 2 subfaction that are by far my favourite models still have a chance for an update in the future.

I kind of remember it used to be the same in 8th. Im not getting all my hopes up.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 3:30 PM, Goatforce said:

Personally I agree that IDK should not go full down the Lovecraft route, I think that a Destruction aligned army who are mentioned in the lore (Arboleth I think) should occupy that space. IDK for sea creatures and the Lovecraftian nightmares for the deepest darkest places in the seas.

Would also form a natural foil for the IDK, similar to Dwarfs and Greenskins. Would be nice to have an opposition to them in the sea.

I am literally on my knees for an edition based on the seas and naval-themed stuff. It could bring expansions to existing nautical factions like Idoneth and the Kharadon while also expanding for example Soulblight with vampirates and Gloomspite with sky pirates, and give us a new fishmen faction. The only suggestion to the existence of fishmen is unfortunately in TOW Ravening Hordes book. Let us take to the seas (or aetheric void) GW!!!

Edited by pitzok
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2