The Rumour Thread

Catching up on the reveals and honestly this might have been one of the best previews in a while. Both the Solar Auxilia and Kroot ranges look amazing, and the Mandrakes are exactly what I've been waiting for in terms of an update for them.

And then there's the Age of Sigmar stuff, honestly everything looks great. Both the Lumineth and Nighthaunt have some cool figures in the sets (and some that I need more angles of) but add great new units types to those armies, the Underworlds warband is very different from what I expected but has a lot of character and charm to the figures. Calis, Tol and friends are all fun designs, and Krethusa... I want to paint her now. Like actually might convince me to pick up the Dawnbringers box as I could use the other stuff in it and it'd mean I could get her in my army faster.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

If I recall correctly, Cities just lost their monstrous calvary; I would anticipate them getting a new kit for that in their next wave, though!

Yeah. Demi battlescroll was removed with the recent human refresh. Lore wise we have Ghyranish armies riding insects like the one that rides Alarielle or Belthanos, so why not Kroots?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Anyone more familiar with the Callis and Toll series can you let me know is Lyssa Revenya a regular human or is she an Aelf? The fact that the model has her hood covering her ears and my desire to see more integration in Cities has me hopeful but doubtful.  

An aelf. Based on a chat from whatsapp both the females of the group are aelvens.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Anyone more familiar with the Callis and Toll series can you let me know is Lyssa Revenya a regular human or is she an Aelf? The fact that the model has her hood covering her ears and my desire to see more integration in Cities has me hopeful but doubtful.  

None of the added characters in the warband are from the novels. Silver Shard did have an elven rogue character but her name was Shev and seem unrelated to the new girl. Basically it's like what they did with Blacktalon, everything except the titular character(s) are a retcon. In any case it looks like all the newbies are associated with Hammerhall specifically while Callis and Toll are from Excelcis so it kinda makes sense that there's no overlap.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

The ones with visors and chest armor look alright but the others have to be the worst design in AoS I've seen so far, no usual Lumineth malice included, they just look reeeally off to me. Those suspenders/straps make them look like kids! But good if you like them, I'm happy for those that like them.

Collect even more Lumineth and I'm gonna call in the Tzeentchian council and we gotta decide what to do with ya though! 👺👺👺 You have been warned, we don't look kindly at those that split up their allegiance to our wonderful lord! 

The DoK character is really cool but there's nothing of interest to me personally - I wonder if GW overcommited to the Solar Auxilia though. Do 30k players want something other than mahreens? 

Let me explain @MitGasI'm writing up a home-brew Shyishian Underwold based on Egypt/Nehekhara, I need some "enlightened" invaders trying to "improve" or "preserve" ancient artifacts that they think the locals can't protect because the invaders think their culture is superior...... only to get absolutely pimp-slapped by the locals because they didn't listen to the legends of curses.... and who better then a bunch of knife-ears to play the role of the French/British?

Personally if they were gonna add any more factions to HH, I would have preferred more troop choices for the mechanicum/mechanicus or maybe just a few more of their kits being made resin.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

So here we go with the full RE solving list:

rDmH1L46HKwRAnbu.jpgHfaHAdiNoHy1zW9e.jpg

19BeN1HqsJMJC6SY.jpgHUzVP1AsIyIFaUky.jpg

n5NWV5ivD9uMNfbi.jpgfOjtU9CYZtMieAGE.jpg

lQkrxTcQ4TWMPA7b.png
MUcryJYw2mQdxsRD.jpg

JHvmB8UP8XX00vve.jpgLPYFDzt92cpfYWKv.jpg

dMIncHk9yyDVg2Bk.jpgWskDkUG5KUJVu4an.png

uSX11H3SAwQUa10i.pngDqG9uwEP37vymJMi.jpg

The almost resolved ones. These two look obviously Kroot related, but these particular ones don't look to be solved to me based on the painting and the runes. @RyantheFett

sSPpqPhdIznAuKJD.jpgIIhDnheezEcQ54gB.jpg

I have the same issue with this one. Looks Kroot, but looking closely I don't see their swords with those spikes. Maybe it is the pic.

Rkvwl99GzJK9292M.jpg

I don't see this one either:

Z98BP5YD0W92O8wT.jpg

I think that's all.

Found a better pic that shows the spikes I think lol?

image.png.118067c217e2231ca551c623ecfe3871.pngRkvwl99GzJK9292M.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Let me explain @MitGasI'm writing up a home-brew Shyishian Underwold based on Egypt/Nehekhara, I need some "enlightened" invaders trying to "improve" or "preserve" ancient artifacts that they think the locals can't protect because the invaders think their culture is superior...... only to get absolutely pimp-slapped by the locals because they didn't listen to the legends of curses.... and who better then a bunch of knife-ears to play the role of the French/British?

Personally if they were gonna add any more factions to HH, I would have preferred more troop choices for the mechanicum/mechanicus or maybe just a few more of their kits being made resin.

You know me for so long now, yet you still think you can appeal to me with reason and logic! 🤔 

The council of Tzeentch has spoken: you are to end your unnatural collection of orderly forces* and not taint your minions with parts of said blasphemous creatures! We can look past your fascination with Death cause for the time being they‘re the enemy of our enemies. 

* due to being gigantic hypocrites, hawt elf chicks** are cool in our book! 🤙

** kinda hawt is okay too according to Changeling-Jim***.

***Changeling-Jim is kinda lame tho

Wouldn‘t CoS minis represent said „adventurers“ better? Don‘t give in to your lewd Lumineth fantasies!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MitGas said:

You know me for so long now, yet you still think you can appeal to me with reason and logic! 🤔 

The council of Tzeentch has spoken: you are to end your unnatural collection of orderly forces* and not taint your minions with parts of said blasphemous creatures! We can look past your fascination with Death cause for the time being they‘re the enemy of our enemies. 

* due to being gigantic hypocrites, hawt elf chicks** are cool in our book! 🤙

** kinda hawt is okay too according to Changeling-Jim***.

***Changeling-Jim is kinda lame tho

Wouldn‘t CoS minis represent said „adventurers“ better? Don‘t give in to your lewd Lumineth fantasies!

CoS= Native Peoples/Tribes "hired" by the Lumineth to be their servants.

Petition for the Council: Is it okay to buy Lumineth Models to kit bash them into Chaotic units? Haawt Elf Chicks included.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I was also looking for this one that looks like a Kroot leg:

F10bM2HqIX3Y9C7V.jpg

Ya I got nothing yet.

My hope is that it is future Vespids rumored for Kill Team, but I have seen better theories on what it could be.......... I just don't remember what was the common consensus lol.

24 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

CoS= Native Peoples/Tribes "hired" by the Lumineth to be their servants.

Petition for the Council: Is it okay to buy Lumineth Models to kit bash them into Chaotic units? Haawt Elf Chicks included.

Only if they‘re hawt elf Chaos chicks afterwards! ☝🏻

So I first thought that the animal may be a water buffalo for the LRL because of the horns, but looking at all the old LRL units I realized that every element unit has horns lol. They put horns on a fox lol........... I just finished painting it and somehow did not notice.

image.png.ae710a99843f5426eca82407668b6182.png

image.png.944cd8ec9b33f6128b2f64c715247d2f.png

image.png.ffddccd721ac95d5e4862c86c287b5e8.png

My money is still river dragon, but really if the animal does not need horns it could be a lot of creatures lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hollow said:

Just woke up. Thought it was a solid showing. Even though most things aren't for me, I'm not so caught up in myself that I would describe a show as "poor" or "dissapointing" because it wasn't tailored to my specific tastes. I've never understood the position some people put themselves in - "I collect said faction, I want things for said faction, and every time GW talks about or reveals anything but stuff for that faction (which will be most of the time) I will be dissapointed" it just seems so self-defeating. Anyways... I can step back and see what is generally good for the Warhammer 4. (40k, AoS, HH, ToW) I think this was a pretty well rounded show. 

That’s a low bar to clear for modern GW. Every show they do tends to be well rounded. Still, from the AoS perspective this one was weak - the river wardancers / seguleh seem to be the only real, functional unit for AoS (maybe ghosts as well). And, unfortunately, they are not only partially bland but also introduce the new river temple without any particular “wow” effect.

This leaves us with a cool DoK hero and a band of named CoS characters that might be interesting for those who are already into their story (they remind me of the Cursed City minis; was not the fan of this stuff).

And that would be ok, not every show is about AoS. I can also live with the neglected factions being neglected again and a lot given to those who already have. But… the lack of any sort of roadmap at the beginning of 2024 is a cardinal sin. It’s the least we should expect.

• Confused 1

Just now, Flippy said:

That’s a low bar to clear for modern GW. Every show they do tends to be well rounded. Still, from the AoS perspective this one was weak - the river wardancers / seguleh seem to be the only real, functional unit for AoS (maybe ghosts as well). And, unfortunately, they are not only partially bland but also introduce the new river temple without any particular “wow” effect.

This leaves us with a cool DoK hero and a band of named CoS characters that might be interesting for those who are already into their story (they remind me of the Cursed City minis; was not the fan of this stuff).

And that would be ok, not every show is about AoS. I can also live with the neglected factions being neglected again and a lot given to those who already have. But… the lack of any sort of roadmap at the beginning of 2024 is a cardinal sin. It’s the least we should expect.

I expect the lack of roadmap for aos may just be because there aren't gonna be any army books until 4th now and 40k has one with a lot to go still. For me, overall I thought the whole show was great, I don't really care for 40k currently but kroot and mandrakes are awesome. Don't like the hh militarum guys to be honest, guard have always been my least favourite 40k faction though they're just so generic and uninspired imo, even compared to space marines, while overdone to hell they still have some unique design elements. Loved all the aos stuff though 

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Them and the Black Knights/Hexwraiths, I think.

Death factions share multiple kits from old days

Vargheist SBGL / Crypt flayers FEC

VLoZd SBGL /terrogheist/ Ghoul king FEC

Neffy, Manny SBGL / Arkhan OBR

And as you correctly said black nights SBGL and hex wraiths NH

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

My money is still river dragon, but really if the animal does not need horns it could be a lot of creatures lol.

I kinda want the dragon to be the animal of the Heaven temple. A seahorse or a kelpie would be nicer for the Water temple. But at the same time, it must look humanoid like the Mountain or Wind spirit... that's difficult to imagine.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 2