The Rumour Thread

I think tail is the right call, and the tail of a pretty small creature, but its hard to say anything beyond that with so many magical animal sidekicks available.  But an IDK accessory fish feels like a decent bet.

The RE gives me mild axolotl vibes despite the fin not extending all the way up the tail like actual axolotls. Could see it being something for IDK or or if the upcoming Lumineth river temple unit is a Warcry warband perhaps they're getting a pet or two like some of the other warbands set in Ghur have been getting. 

I'll be stoked either way if it's something for IDK or Lumineth.

Edited by SilentSentinel
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

The RE gives me mild axolotl vibes despite the fin not extending all the way up the tail like actual axolotls. Could see it being something for IDK or or if the upcoming Lumineth river temple unit is a Warcry warband perhaps they're getting a pet or two like some of the other warbands set in Ghur have been getting. 

I'll be stoked either way if it's something for IDK or Lumineth.

Had the same feeling, it very much looks like the tail of an amphibian which would make a lot of sense being from a river for Lumineth rather than deep sea and Warcry do have a lot of interesting flavour to their models.

That being said it still looks aquatic so could very much be Idoneth too and it would be wonderful to have more Idoneth models.

Either way I am excited for either idea.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Garrac said:

...Or much better:  what if those have boxes meant to clean stock on units getting updates?

It's very unlikely that GW re-boxes sprues. (ie. if a bunch of kit 'A' isn't selling, they don't open them up and put the sprues from 'A' into boxset 'B'.)

It is possible that boxset 'B' has a lot of the same sprues as kit 'A', in order to help justify the initial expense of making the moulds for those sprues. (ie they probably have internal data on how many times they've used every mould, and failing to hit a certain number of uses is seen as having been a waste of money. If kit 'A' doesn't sell, the moulds for its sprues have low use, due to never needing to be run for restocking purposes. And so they run them for boxset 'B', to up their usage.) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

RE for my bday. Yay!

The Rumour Engine – 9th January 2024 - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

QPEjrnvL63Mlwdp6.jpg

Idoneth/ Seraphon pet of some kind?

There is a bit of texture towards the bottom suction cups/suckers? Maybe a tentacle/cephalopod limb? It does not look chaos-like to me, something about the flattened fin like portion towards the end and if they are suction cups it would likely rule out Seraphon. Maybe a new critter from an Idoneth warcry warband? It doesn't quite match up with what we have seen so far from the cephalopod inspired AOS designs. But it does have a bit of the vibe of the Deep Mare's tale though the ending fin is shaped very differently
99120219006_IdonethLotann01.jpg?fm=webp&
lj0k8sx0rclb1.png
99120219004_Volturnos02.jpg?fm=webp&w=12
 Do any Tau auxiliaries have tentacles? It feels like that side of Tau are finally being fleshed out. 

Hope you have a great birthday and your pile of shame grows some more today!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

RE for my bday. Yay!

The Rumour Engine – 9th January 2024 - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

QPEjrnvL63Mlwdp6.jpg

Idoneth/ Seraphon pet of some kind?

Happy birthday!

As much as I want it to be Seraphon thing I'm definitely thinking Idoneth. 

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Do any Tau auxiliaries have tentacles? It feels like that side of Tau are finally being fleshed out. 

As far as I know, they don't have anything with tentacles yet but that doesn't rule this out being a new kind of auxiliary. 40k is decidedly lacking in "weird" xeno species. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

anyone else notice this huge news yesterday?? GW only put it on their weird preview tiles but the recycling is coming to most of the UK :)

image.png.b461da02ebf97bf5f798db2d5f854fe3.png

My pile of sprues is still waiting for them to extend to Europe.

Edited by pitzok
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

They do have a floating jellyfish race, but there is a small chance it can be kroot as well.

Kroot have to ability to evolve on what they eat so they could look like anything. They also ride kroot like animals that also could look like anything.

Think a safer bet would be one of the AoS elfs since the rumors for kroot are apes and that raptor looking thing.

2 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

It's very unlikely that GW re-boxes sprues. (ie. if a bunch of kit 'A' isn't selling, they don't open them up and put the sprues from 'A' into boxset 'B'.)

It is possible that boxset 'B' has a lot of the same sprues as kit 'A', in order to help justify the initial expense of making the moulds for those sprues. (ie they probably have internal data on how many times they've used every mould, and failing to hit a certain number of uses is seen as having been a waste of money. If kit 'A' doesn't sell, the moulds for its sprues have low use, due to never needing to be run for restocking purposes. And so they run them for boxset 'B', to up their usage.) 

They do rebox sprues, although probably not to constitute a box set from singular kits. The GW store managers do have to unbox the frames and put them in envelopes for reboxing now, when they send kits back. So they do take those sprues back in at the warehouse, such as when reboxing to new box art or when a box set gets broken up and sent back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

70 point bodies, an ability that is actually useful 50% of the time, and basically all the commands the unit issues are free.
Is this... A good kruleboyz unit?

if only it wasn't inexplicably tied to grinnin' blades, I really hope 4th aos does as 40k has done and get rid of character subfaction limits.

Just now, Luperci said:

if only it wasn't inexplicably tied to grinnin' blades, I really hope 4th aos does as 40k has done and get rid of character subfaction limits.

big yellerz only affects boltboyz and killbows, and skulbugz is basically worthless if you're not a monster. Grinnin blades is the only subfaction keyword that matters for them right now.

• Like 1