The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Someravella said:

From The Honest Wargamer today's stream:

- Snarlfang riders were intended for TOW  but ended up in AoS somehow.

- BoC are very likely to be removed from AoS at some point.

any timestamps? i know Rob uploads his VODs

only way i could see BOC being removed is if S2D and monogods all got more-specific beastmen?

31 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

I rather see tunnel wars (open play rules in the back of the corebook and seasons of war) fleshed out with a terrain box/game mode similar to boarding actions for 40k maybe 750 points instead of 500 for boarding actions.  

i thought boarding actions were Kill Team but wasn't sure, thanks for the clarification. wherever the rules showed up, it would be great to have them :)

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Someravella said:

Both of those seem really weird and unlikely, snarlfang riders aren’t in TOW’s style at all and don’t fit anywhere in the scope of that game, while squatting BoC sounds ridiculous three editions into a game where they’re a major established part of the fluff with a bunch of hooks for future narrative relevance + recent model updates (as small in number as they are)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Someravella said:

Is there any prominent individual with a worse prediction track record than Honest Wargamer?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Someravella said:

Did he give a source for any of this? Because while I like Honest Wargamer Rob, he has a tendency to repeat Internet speculation as if it was fact.

Just now, Togetak said:

Both of those seem really weird and unlikely, snarlfang riders aren’t in TOW’s style at all and don’t fit anywhere in the scope of that game, while squatting BoC sounds ridiculous three editions into a game where they’re a major established part of the fluff with a bunch of hooks for future narrative relevance + recent model updates (as small in number as they are)

Well, Snarlfang riders look to old goblins just as new Tomb Kings models look in comparison to the old skeletons. Moreover, there is no gitmob in AoS...

BoC squatted as faction, not their models.

1 minute ago, Someravella said:

Well, Snarlfang riders look to old goblins just as new Tomb Kings models look in comparison to the old skeletons. Moreover, there is no gitmob in AoS...

BoC squatted as faction, not their models.

They look like an AOS-ifying of the hobgoblin wolf riders way more than any kind of update of old goblins, their modern style and posing is very different to the new models part of TOW stuff that’s been shown so far (because that stuff is built to work alongside those ancient models with wonky proportions). To me they feel like a response to people being really into the underworlds warband rather than anything else 

BoC being squatted as a faction is still weird because of their presence and prominence in AoS’ narrative, folding their model line (or parts of it) into an already bloated StD roster or something would be kind of crazy and feels like the kind of thing people say when they think TOW is going to be a mainline game and that model overlap is something GW wants to avoid 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Someravella said:

I have the feeling that BoC could be removed from AoS, but it is still weird. They are in most of the lore (being kind of NPCs, but they are). I know a guy that would be super mad about this. He got mad with Wanderers being removed from CoS and the renewal and said he would move to BoC. Poor guy.

24 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

any timestamps? i know Rob uploads his VODs

only way i could see BOC being removed is if S2D and monogods all got more-specific beastmen?

i thought boarding actions were Kill Team but wasn't sure, thanks for the clarification. wherever the rules showed up, it would be great to have them :)

They released for both.  They had the 40k box with rules in the abaddon arks of omens I believe.  And the kill team season all had more stuff for it each release

28 minutes ago, Someravella said:

Every edition since AoS 1.0 we'd had rumors saying Beasts of Chaos are being removed from AoS. There's been a rumor of them being removed every year since Beastmen were split off as their own faction in Fantasy. I think this a meme now lol

• Like 4

I think 'BoC and BS are getting removed from AoS' is just the same type of baseless speculation that led people to conclude that Duardin would be souped 'for sure' in 3rd.

For BoC, the lore is actively against it even, especially since Broken Realms.

• Like 2

I can 100% see the current BoC line-up being moved over to ToW (Considering almost the entire line is from Fantasy anways) and for Beasts to get an AoS "reimagining" (Or reforging if you will) God specific beast units could also be added to the mono-god factions and for the faction to be removed as it's own thing. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Someravella said:

With the few mostly god-aligned releases they‘ve got, it wouldn‘t exactly baffle me but it would be a darn shame. I think Beastmen get really underappreciated. They might put them into TOW to push a proper update of the range back… I dunno how much The Honest Wargamer is in the loop now but I figure he knows his stuff. 

What IMO speaks against it is that an update of them would be beneficial to two systems now and we got various plastic gor minis in recent years but I‘m like Jon Snow, so just guessing. If someone new bought into TOW and saw he could either play with old minis or get new sculpts like the new Chaos Warriors or the theoretical Beastmen… would they go for armies that have lots of old minis (unless those are exactly what they wanted to collect)? 🤔

47 minutes ago, Togetak said:

I don't know about Snarlfang riders not fitting with TOW. We will know probably this summer when O&G are released for TOW. Imo, Snarlfang riders look more at place in TOW than those new dismounted Knights of the Realm. They don't match at all with the rest of the Bretonnian range. It's the only set I really dislike. 

I have no idea if BoC going to get removed from AoS. It seems a pointless way of pissing of AoS players, but with GW you never know.

It does seem that BoC and Beastmen Brayherds are a 100% match. The one character BoC received is perfect for TOW and fits perfectly with the plastic shaman and the older Beastmen mini's.

I think BoC is going to see a renewal similar to FEC. Morghur or something like it as their centre-piece along with some fresh units to either add to or replace ageing sculpts. I fully expect some units to be retired though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I don't know about Snarlfang riders not fitting with TOW. We will know probably this summer when O&G are released for TOW. Imo, Snarlfang riders look more at place in TOW than those new dismounted Knights of the Realm. They don't match at all with the rest of the Bretonnian range. It's the only set I really dislike. 

really? the foot knights fit in fine with the old models to my eyes. the only issue for Snarlfang in AOS is that there's no other goblins aside from the old Gitz kits to compare to. For TOW O&G I don't think there will be anything new except for characters and maybe non-metal trolls

Just now, Jagged Red Lines said:

I can't remember a single instance where he was wrong. 

Really? You don't remember when Ogors when gonna get souped with SoB? Dwarfs souped for sure this time? Every other time it was curtains for BoC? I can't remember a single time he was right about anything that wasn't common knowledge in this thread, IE Whitefang rumors and the like.

• Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

I think BoC is going to see a renewal similar to FEC. Morghur or something like it as their centre-piece along with some fresh units to either add to or replace ageing sculpts. I fully expect some units to be retired though.

That's what I think will happen too - Morghur returns and mutates the beastmen into strange, new and more easily-copyrighted forms. 

I read somewhere that BoC are the worst-selling line in AOS to the point that most FLGS don't even bother stocking the line anymore. 

If they do go completely it will be interesting to see how it's handled in the lore - Beastmen are both numerous and widespread in the Mortal Realms, so it's difficult to see how they'd all suddenly get wiped out.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, madmac said:

Is there any prominent individual with a worse prediction track record than Honest Wargamer?

Easy... easy... 

Choose your next words carefully... 😜

Regardless if snarlfang were or not it's an absolutely fantastic kit with its own identity from the silliness of the moon glooms and I have much desire to see them expanded upon. 

I could see BoC current getting sent to TOW and a complete reimagining of the faction for AoS into its own unique thing. 

• Like 2