The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Farsight is the cool, acceptable face of Tau. Plus by the way he was seemingly sold out everywhere for months, even after his stand alone release, he was very popular. 

I had to buy my Farsight for $100 after my store canceled my pre-order. I think is model is top tier and one of my favorites, but I agree they really need to spilt the vote.

Please gather around the Wishlist table with your Foil Hats and Bowls of Salt.

I’ve got a bit of a wild Theory based on nothing but hope. We’re currently at issue 495 of the White Dwarf. Issue 400, to my Knowledge in 2013 was a bit of a flop with near no celebration (but that was a Dark Time for Fantasy). But 300 and I think to an extent 200 did a fair bit of celebration of the Magazine and its namesake with a new miniature.

Would they be willing to let the 500th Issue (Thats a heck of a milestone), to go unrecognised. We got a Collective Series of Grombrindal Stories set in AoS, so he’s not dead yet. 

I theorise a New Book and possibly a New model. But, again, this is just me at the Wishlist Table, Cooking Salt a la Foil.

IMG_3297.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 12

In regards to Grombrindal, here's an important thing from an interview with the author: https://www.trackofwords.com/2022/12/14/rapid-fire-david-guymer-talks-grombrindal/

>ToW: The short stories included in this book were first published in White Dwarf magazine, right? Could you tell us a bit about how that came to be, and what the idea was for them?

>DG: I actually can’t remember! I’ve had to dig into my inbox and found this one from way back in July 2019. Apparently, I was still busy with re-writes for Lord of the First and planning an Anvils of the Heldenhammer novel that seems to have vanished into the aether the way these things do sometimes, but would I also be interested in writing six serialised short stories about Grombrindal to tie in with the release of a new miniature?

So there were plans to make a new Grombrindal miniature dating back to July 2019. The Grombrindal White Dwarf stories released in 2021, which seems to coincide with the two years I heard it takes to get a miniature in production, though if it was the case something must've happened to prevent them from releasing it. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

8 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Please gather round the Wishlist table with your Foil Hats and Bowls of Salt.

I’ve got a bit of a wild Theory based on nothing but hope. We’re currently at issue 495 of the White Dwarf. Issue 400, to my Knowledge in 2013 was a bit of a flop with near no celebration (but that was a Dark Time for Fantasy). But 300 and I think to an extent 200 did a fair bit of celebration of the Magazine and its namesake with a new miniature.

Would they be willing to let the 500th Issue (Thats a heck of a milestone), to go unrecognised. We got a Collective Series of Grombrindal Stories set in AoS, so he’s not dead yet. 

I theorise a New Book and possibly a New model. But, again, this is just me at the Wishlist Table, Cooking Salt a la Foil.

IMG_3297.jpeg

I think it is a really solid theory. Wouldn't be rare if they do something special.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I voted for Kroxigor for model of the year but I think the issue when they put up whole range refreshes as individual models it just splits the vote and prevents it from getting any traction.

I do feel like model of the year needs to be broken into at least 2 categories for Fantasy and Sci-Fi. I hate that I hear constantly that "AoS has the best models" and then when it comes time to vote people are just gonna slam whatever Primarch is out that year. 

minor griping over. 

I'll go vote for Klonk and hope AoS gets a "W"

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Such a shame the first Grombrindal novel got scalped as quickly as it did, I would have loved to have the hardback at not 5 times the price.

I bought it from Amazon 5 months later for the same price. Not sure if it was a reprint or just pure luck, I'm still trying to understand why all this books can only be bought the first 5 minuts of release...

Edited by Beliman
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Such a shame the first Grombrindal novel got scalped as quickly as it did, I would have loved to have the hardback at not 5 times the price.

I'm willing to bet there's going to be an updated Grombrindal Omnibus at some point featuring the second White Dwarf serial + those David Guymer stories not part of the first Grombrindal book (Old-White Fur, Ancestor's Hall). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I'm willing to bet there's going to be an updated Grombrindal Omnibus at some point featuring the second White Dwarf serial + those David Guymer stories not part of the first Grombrindal book (Old-White Fur, Ancestor's Hall). 

There might be an omnibus, but my monkey brain likes collecting the individual books and seeing them all displayed next to each other 🙃

The ebay price is just horrifying though, so I'm trying to get the first Drekko novel. I've got all the Gotrek hardbacks and would love to add at least Drekki to that collection.

It's also insane how long it takes for books to get a paperback. Blightslayer is still not available.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

The Lion isn't a bad model at all, far from it, but it's wholly undeserved to see him take gold. My vote went for the Nurglite Harbinger and that would've been a much better winner. Time for wearing my tin foil hat: AoS is really underrepresented in these polls and they also look to be rigged as only the huge centrepiece models get to win, when some of the very best models IMO are just simple minis on foot. Composition, mood, etc.... you can't tell me Lion or Angron are better than the Harbinger. I mean you can but I'll refuse to agree! ;)

Gitzdee is right - next year it's gonna be Vulcan or Leman Russ or whomever else they bring back no matter how great some other minis will be.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t think they rig the outcome. There are just so many marine players; a lot of whom seem to reflexively vote for Marine models. I saw one chap comment that he’d voted for The Lion because of the story development the character got. 

Meanwhile, as other folks have said, AoS gets a very wide range of excellent models to pick from which dilutes our chances.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The Lion isn't a bad model at all, far from it, but it's wholly undeserved to see him take gold. My vote went for the Nurglite Harbinger and that would've been a much better winner. Time for wearing my tin foil hat: AoS is really underrepresented in these polls and they also look to be rigged as only the huge centrepiece models get to win, when some of the very best models IMO are just simple minis on foot. Composition, mood, etc.... you can't tell me Lion or Angron are better than the Harbinger. I mean you can but I'll refuse to agree! ;)

Gitzdee is right - next year it's gonna be Vulcan or Leman Russ or whomever else they bring back no matter how great some other minis will be.

I mean, speaking for myself I don't bother voting because I know it's just gonna be the newest Primarch or other hyped up 40K thing. It's not rigged but the outcome is never in question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

I suggest boycotting the poll next year unless GW makes it seperate for AoS and 40k. Of course you are free to participate in something that we already know what the outcome will be.

Folks, the mini of the year is a bit of fun, it's not life and death. 

We should celebrate the fact that we had so many amazing models to choose from instead of being bitter the popular vote won. 

It's not like because of that, 40k will now get more model releases next year! 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I suggest boycotting the poll next year unless GW makes it seperate for AoS and 40k. Of course you are free to participate in something that we already know what the outcome will be.

I was thinking the same. Make a poll to pick which one we vote for and vote it all.

13 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Folks, the mini of the year is a bit of fun, it's not life and death. 

We should celebrate the fact that we had so many amazing models to choose from instead of being bitter the popular vote one. 

It's not like because of that, 40k will now get more model releases next year! 

It is fun, indeed, but maybe if an AoS mini takes the first spot it could lead to some top-level decisions in favour of AoS, don't we think? Or am I going too far?

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is fun, indeed, but maybe if an AoS mini takes the first spot it could lead to some top-level decisions in favour of AoS, don't we think? Or am I going too far?

Different categories would be pretty nice. Like Best Vehicle, Best Monster, Best Character model, etc etc etc. Showcasing a wider aspect of the hobby feels better than simply "best mini" since the various minis look good in different ways. From a GW perspective it would also tell them which minis are being appreciated in different categories.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1