The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

My money on Lady of Ruin's mount.

Absolutely, a S2D Heroes with the Chaos Spear Rumor engine. The LoR is related in some way to Archaon and the Varanguard. 

But yeah, that mouth is also a bit Kruleboyz- or Squig-y... (I'd hoped for plastic Plague Toads, but not enough diseased, and armor looks Chaos Undivided-y). 

BTW, the rules for TOW are SO promising, and that new Vampire Lady is gorgeous. Great Warhammd Monday ! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

It's a bit of shame that the new Vampire, beautiful as she is, looks a bit out of place with the current Soulblight mini's. Atleast to me. 😉

Yeah, she needs another 5-10 egyptian-inspired vamp hero friends! I've heard ScionofOssia is a big fan of the idea! 🤙

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Doko said:

i dont like this new vampire,she is closer to khalida of tomb kings than to a vampires.

so far the best vampire is the first original with bats on the hair and then the others arent even half good

I think the 4 that came with Underworlds are also pretty solid!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Taerg Ad Ywons said:

I know it's pitted armour, but the new vampire's armour looks like it's leopard print >.>

As for the Old World, I'm changing my tune about it. I'm hoping that the launch box for Orcs and Gobbos, and Dwarfs are pretty hefty if the Tomb King one is anything to go by.

Yea I may buy a tomb kings box depending on how much obr stuff may or may not get released with db3

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think the 4 that came with Underworlds are also pretty solid!

oh yes its true,i forgot these!

they were great also the black and red model but not so good the others two.

i like the von karstein style (as vlad) and dislike the weirds aos vampires as the dysney bat,ratman,the dude with girls clothes of limited edition,vampires closer to wolfs than bats etc.......

but with luck they gave us a clasical and not over the top aos style model with the first vampire for these of us that preffer more clasical style

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

27 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol, I would settle with new egyptian themed spearmen, archers, chariots and cavalry. 😉

Oh, I'd really like to see that for you TK fans... mummies are pretty much the only trope missing from death's roster at this point. We got vamps, skeletons, ghosts, zombies, ghouls, golems/constructs... outside of mummies is there anything not covered in AoS? Wait, I'll go ask some Belmont or something.

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Lol, I would settle with new egyptian themed spearmen, archers, chariots and cavalry. 😉

I’d kill for some new Egyptian skeletons right about now. Heck, I’d even accept just some vaguely middle eastern undead at this point in time.

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Oh, I'd really like to see that for you TK fans... mummies are pretty much the only trope missing from death's roster at this point. We got vamps, skeletons, ghosts, zombies, ghouls, golems/constructs... outside of mummies is there anything not covered in AoS? Wait, I'll go ask some Belmont or something.

If we’re going off of the traditional Universal Monsters roster, then we’re really only missing the mummy (if one counts ossiarchs as a skeletal Frankenstein). The role of The Creature of the Black Lagoon has been subsumed by the elves of the Idoneth, and we can argue about whether or not the Vyrkos count as werewolves…. So at this point gw needs to pillage outside of mainstream western civilizations personal favorites.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 1

New vamp is cool!! Headdress is a bit much but I get it. 

I'd love to see deathrattle expanded and updated to fill out Nefs legion some more. 

And a stand alone model is much deserved imo as well. 

Vyrkos are just as cool in my book. Again it would be nice to see them expanded upon with a full bloodborn kit as dynasty battleline. 

Also are they even tied to Nagash as their dynasty gene is from a God beast, am I correct? 🤔

It'd be cool to have one subaction free of the hive mind. I think them being not were-wolves would play into this nicely.

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I’d kill for some new Egyptian skeletons right about now. Heck, I’d even accept just some vaguely middle eastern undead at this point in time.

If we’re going off of the traditional Universal Monsters roster, then we’re really only missing the mummy (if one counts ossiarchs as a skeletal Frankenstein). The role of The Creature of the Black Lagoon has been subsumed by the elves of the Idoneth, and we can argue about whether or not the Vyrkos count as werewolves…. So at this point gw needs to pillage outside of mainstream western civilizations personal favorites.

Or just be done with being overtly creative and give the gents that want mummies exactly that in AoS as well. And more egyptian-inspired skeletons. I think if TK sell really well, then that would likely happen. But it's hard to be confident there - the new dragon is amazing but will lots of people buy the old sculpts along with the awesome new ones? Kinda hard to imagine for me tbh.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MitGas said:

Not strictly undead (like AoS ghouls), but we could do with werewolves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Vampire range is already vast. Soulblight needs Zombie and Skeleton heroes. Model is cool though. I might be picking that box.

Forget zombies, we need a new necromancer and for krell’s model to be brought back. Otherwise, maybe skeleton archers/range in general. 

13 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Not strictly undead (like AoS ghouls), but we could do with werewolves.

I’d argue that the Vyrkos could fill that role if expanded, but the thought still stands.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sarges said:

Consider this:
image.png.2efca6530fb6120f3c941ee50e638e5e.png

Good call ! 

Rumored and hinted Lady of ruin is apparently the " she - boss" of a varanguard in Dawnbringers and she is probably coming with a daemonic mount.

We have already seen her spear ( confirmed by Whitefang the oracle )

2023-10-10.jpg

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2