The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Jator said:

I looked for Ushoran first too

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I was looking for Ushoran as well.

I wasn't looking for him for my vote per say but just surprised I didn't see him but if not released this year it makes sense. 

So many fantastic choices this year.

Props to all those artists.

That book is very neat for a skaven tome, not scratchy at all. I could believe a skaven pestilence mini having some Nurgle icons in their book but when it’s all Nurgle, without any rune of the Horned Rat, a daemon seems more likely.

Epidemius could be a good one indeed given that he’s still resin but then the arm seems rather skinny too.

@MarkK Good catch re: number of fingers.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Preppikoma said:

I voted for Vashtorr, as we had finally got the Soul Forge overperson, and I find the model fantastic. #everydaemonmodelisaninsertanyWarhammersettingmodel

After seeing that mini I am so hoping for a Dark Mechanicum codex. That stuff could go wild in the best of ways.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Souleater said:

The new Bat Knights got my vote. 

That’s also another strike against AOS - we have such a wide range of stuff compared to 40K’s …quantity…😜

I voted for Ionus, but as you say there are so many minis that could be in the running that it's hard to pick one.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i voted for Tahlia but maybe should've done the Slann! i feel like us AOS peeps have to agree on what to vote for if we're ever going to unseat 40k :(

Totally agree with you. I was thinknig the same. Voted Tahlia too, but feel I should have voted for Harbringer (seems the most rated AoS mini) trying to get our shiny top.

Another nice idea would be a split between games. Voting the best mini for each game rather than an overall best.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

I think a big factor in why 40k tends to win every year is they have one or two really stand out models a year (this year being Angron and the Lion), while AoS seems to bring out a model of the year contender every month (lizards, gitz, trolls, trees, cities, ghouls). 

Thus the AoS votes are more split than 40k. 

I've said this many times to many people: I truly believe AoS have some of the best, if not best models in war gaming today. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 9

40k models always win "model of the year" simply because it has way more players. More players means more votes. The voting process should definitely separate the two games. You'd of course align sub-games with the appropriate system (e.g., Warcry for AoS, Killteam for 40K, etc.).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I think a big factor in why 40k tends to win every year is they have one or two really stand out models a year (this year being Angron and the Lion), while AoS seems to bring out a model of the year contender every month (lizards, gitz, trolls, trees, cities, ghouls). 

Thus the AoS votes are more decided than 40k. 

I've said this many times to many people: I truly believe AoS have some of the best, if not best models in war gaming today. 

From what I've seen, opinions on angron are actually slightly divisive so I'm expecting the Lion to win, I voted for Ionus but it was close between him and trugg

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

They should really just make separate AoS and 40K categories (and maybe even separate votes).

No harm in it, both settings get more love, GW gets to show off even more of their models, everybody happy.

This. Plus, it would be nice to have some distinct categories, similar to Golden Demon ones: I'd gladly cast separate votes for my favourite unit, character, centrepiece, vehicle, etc., and then choose the overall best.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Preppikoma said:

This. Plus, it would be nice to have some distinct categories, similar to Golden Demon ones: I'd gladly cast separate votes for my favourite unit, character, centrepiece, vehicle, etc., and then choose the overall best.

For sure! It's also always a big centrepiece model that wins now, even if there have been extremely cool units and heroes released as well.

• Like 2