The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Morai-Heg for DoK. Ascended Korghos-Khul. New armour for the 1st ed Stormcast. Lumineth vs OBR on Warcry, Callis and Toll supossedly coming... and I think that's all from the top of my head.

There's also Darkoath on the way. Whitefang said they would be similar to what we saw in the hammer and bolter episode so I'm expecting cavalry. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

This makes me think what are skaven daemons? Perhaps they can update old sculpts AND add daemons at the same time by making them giant rats/wolf rats. What's more Representative of a shard of the horned rat than just more rats? But then that kind of steps on moulder so my next thought is either smaller rat versions of necropolis stalkers (rat kings) or feral looking starved skaven like skin wolves but with much more visible ribs and rat features like skaven gorgers (Representative of the the great horned rat as famine and the all consuming tide).

I‘d think of some kind of shadow beast for the daemon look, perhaps with black tendrils/spikes like a porcupine…  maybe as a unit in the vein of eshin. If they went with something like that, I hope they don‘t replace a beloved unit with them though, I‘m sure skaven players would be bummed else. Can‘t really speak for skaven… I really like them but never played them and didn‘t read their tomes either. I primarily know them from mordheim, where I played them before the chaos warband came out. 
image.jpeg.5b73aa067baae09a594eea1a55f643f3.jpeg

I'm very confused: FEC is going up for pre-order in three days and no one has leaked the Battletome. Usually I'd have expected it to be leaked before we even got the World Championships preview. Truly up in down, black is white, and noble knights are flesh eating ghouls!

Edited by JerekKruger

39 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

I'm very confused: FEC is going up for pre-order in three days and no one has leaked the Battletome. Usually I'd have expected it to be leaked before we even got the World Championships preview. Truly up in down, black is white, and noble knights are flesh eating ghouls!

I'm wondering if they've tightened things up of late and maybe only sent the influencers models this time

2 minutes ago, papary said:

I'm wondering if they've tightened things up of late and maybe only sent the influencers models this time

Thing is, influencers will need the book to do reviews of it on Saturday. Perhaps they figured out who was leaking it (though I'm not sure it was influencers rather than GW staff)? Or perhaps they've made legal threats that have made it scarier to risk leaking it.

4 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I know that at least some of the materials GW sends out now are marked with personalised watermarks. Doesn't mean people couldn't type what they'd read, but maybe they have tightened up other procedures as well.

Wow. The hunt is getting serious.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

Think people have received it, the Mortal Realms podcast for example have asked on their discord for community questions about the tome and that was about a week ago I think. 

8 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Slaves, Khorne and Tzeentch is my bet.

The only thing I can't locate is Morai Heg. She's coming with Ushoran?

yea, hope Tzeentch if there is any of his symbol in rumour engine

Edited by lele

The Varghulf Courtier is fast, tough, and dishes out a serious punch in combat. He’s got five Damage 2 attacks and one Damage 3 attack, for a total of six – but of course, add one attack to each weapon if he’s affected by his or another hero’s Feeding Frenzy, for a total of eight. And thanks to his King’s Champion ability, you can add another two to each attack if he’s hunting infantry, for a total of twelve attacks – and a potential output of 28 Damage in one combat phase!  

Morbheg Knights are terrifying when they bound in with a Shrieking Charge, spreading around mortal wounds before combat even begins. The Cryptguard are surprisingly tanky with a 5+ ward save, and as a Royal Bodyguard, they help make your heroes tougher too. Combine that with the Standard Bearer halving the amount of models that flee, and it takes a long time to cut them down! 

What’s more, before a game begins, the Flesh-eater Courts pick a Delusion. Dan chose The Feast Day, which meant Feeding Frenzy activated for heroes with 4 noble deeds points, not the full 6. This turned out to be huge – Dan’s army almost always had an extra attack on every melee profile in combat, inciting a full-on slaughter. 

• Like 2

At last! Some Leaks Rumors!!

Happy about all this Unleash Hell abilities, but not sure why we need to have diferent ones for each unit. The Varghulf sounds scary, let's see his profile before start panincking.

It's weird that in the same edition, an Arkanaut Ironclad can shoot this Morbheg Knights in their charge phase with Last Words but can't Unleash Hell.

Edited by Beliman