The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Idk what you mean: Locking the Incarnate in a 200€ box with barely any terrain is a bad idea!?

If that is really what happened it would be a reality check for GW that not everything they put out will sell like crazy. I also felt like season of war and ghb is too much to ask. I prefer these (quarterly?) digital rule updates over having to buy more books i dont need in another 6 months. I dont think i even get to play a game of AoS every 6 months.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

Don’t know if this had been discussed, but I’m a little surprised about the stand alone release of the nurgle and fireslayer heralds. 
The goblin herald was released as stand alone first, but came with a wave of orks and thrugg. I was assuming the other heralds would be accompanied by releases for their factions. That would be a good reason to wait with their individual release. The flesh eater herald will probably be released with the new flesh eater battletome (?).

anyway, I’m happy I can get my hands on the nurgle herald, such a spectaculair model. But the release seems like a bit of an afterthought. Do they not play a major part in the story of dawnbringers? 

I never liked the incarnate, not as a concept and not as a mini. It would have been much better for the era of the beast if they released grand alliance specific creatures/monsters like they did with the Fomoroid Crusher and Mindstealer Sphiranx. Varrying between 8 - 16 wounds. Each alliances should have gotten a couple. Instead of that one 480 points incarnate model with complex rules... .

• Like 9

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Don’t know if this had been discussed, but I’m a little surprised about the stand alone release of the nurgle and fireslayer heralds. 
The goblin herald was released as stand alone first, but came with a wave of orks and thrugg. I was assuming the other heralds would be accompanied by releases for their factions. That would be a good reason to wait with their individual release. The flesh eater herald will probably be released with the new flesh eater battletome (?).

anyway, I’m happy I can get my hands on the nurgle herald, such a spectaculair model. But the release seems like a bit of an afterthought. Do they not play a major part in the story of dawnbringers? 

I tried to order the Nurgle Harbringer on Saturday, but couldn't find him on any 3rd party sites. GW didn't list it as direct only, but my usual sites (Wayland, Firestorm, GoblinGaming, etc) didn't have him listed. 

Not sure if it was just a temporary thing or if GW has limited stock and so only selling him on their own site.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Well Fyreslayers got a release in their warcry warband. The herald just had to wait a bit longer to release together with the Order Dawnbringers bock.

For nurgle they might not get anything else but even if they get more it will likely only come with the rumoured fifth book focused on chaos and they might not have wanted to wait that long to release the herald

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I did - wanted to do a Zombie Dragon Conversion with it. At first it was too hard to get and now it‘s too expensive xD

I was really lucky with mine and got it for only 28€ (normal price 50€) by stacking multiple discounts 

First the my LGS discount of 17%, then it was put up for sale at a reduced price, then they did a buy multiple sale items get 10% off on top promotion and then I still had a 15% off voucher I could use. xD

• LOVE IT! 1

49 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

I tried to order the Nurgle Harbringer on Saturday, but couldn't find him on any 3rd party sites. GW didn't list it as direct only, but my usual sites (Wayland, Firestorm, GoblinGaming, etc) didn't have him listed. 

Not sure if it was just a temporary thing or if GW has limited stock and so only selling him on their own site.

I normally order my stuff via whats app. Not sure if you can do that with your stores, but that way I could order it with a 22% discount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

I was really lucky with mine and got it for only 28€ (normal price 50€) by stacking multiple discounts 

First the my LGS discount of 17%, then it was put up for sale at a reduced price, then they did a buy multiple sale items get 10% off on top promotion and then I still had a 15% off voucher I could use. xD

JINXED I‘ve just got one for 30€ on ebay xD

let the Zombie Dragon Conversion commence!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

I was checking my army sheet just for curiosity and mine was 24,55 €. I remember the store did some weird stuff with the discounts, as its price should be 39 € 😄

35 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I was checking my army sheet just for curiosity and mine was 24,55 €. I remember the store did some weird stuff with the discounts, as its price should be 39 € 😄

That seems real good considering how many discounts I had to use to come close to your price

Edited by Matrindur

6 minutes ago, Luperci said:

If it's 40k I could see it being part of the kroot stuff we've seen before

Appart of the Kroots, is it common to have crossbows? My head links crossbows to AoS straight.

6 minutes ago, Baz said:

Toll and callis model maybe?

So far in what I saw about them they were always carrying guns, but maybe...

Aesthetics whise seems more modern than the Wildercorps ones:

image.png.e701b0ce60c36e1836f89d749313686a.png image.png.9a46c5ac8d23884df81ff04fa305fe17.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Appart of the Kroots, is it common to have crossbows? My head links crossbows to AoS straight.

So far in what I saw about them they were always carrying guns, but maybe...

Aesthetics whise seems more modern than the Wildercorps ones:

Having taken a look at some of the Inquisition models, it does seem to be a 40k design.

FoS-InquisitorGreyfax2019-00.jpg

• Like 7