The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

So they are revealing a Necron model this week? Ugh, I guess they are skeletons albiet just robots shaped like them. But this would have been the perfect opportunity to show a TK model or a FEC model. That kinda sucks. Oh well they are showing some OW rules apparently so that's something, but a bit disapointing that they are not taking the opportunity of halloween to show some actual undead stuff imo :/

Maybe this ancient rumour engine will be resurrected from the dead and we'll finally get the reveal:Screenshot_20231029-204354.png.ab71d0b234b3204c43f30079f53db715.png

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Lucien 2L said:

With the white dwarf preview and the warcry rules for underworlds models, I wonder what’s happened to the Warcry Annuals ? Kill Team got one so GW still prints those, but nothing for warcry in the horizon…

It's been kind of a mess for quite a while. Some warbands come with their rules in boxsets, some of them get printed in white dwarf, some get released as free pdfs. It's enough of a headache to put me off trying to actively keep up with Warcry as a game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Ok so if necrons is earlier 

Guess list schedule revised 

4 November necromunda van Saar
11 November dawnbringers 3 /cities of Sigmar 

16 November preview show with flesh eaters and tomb kings ?

18 November no plastic - resin squats week
25 November xmas boxes 
2 December necrons and ad mech codex 
9 December epic imperialis  
16 December xmas stuff
23 December - nothing 
30 December - nothing
6 January kill team scorpions and scouts 
13 January Flesh Eater Courts 
20 January mark vi heresy jump packs 
27 January dark angels codex ?
3 February The Old World starter set 
10 February dawnbringers iv death focus ? Morghast hero
17 February ork codex?
24 February solar auxilia army

Q2 2024
Old world empire vs orcs boxset 
- new empire knights
- new empire great canon
- new orc boss on chariot?

Dawnbringers v chaos/slaves to darkness focus ?
Custodes codex
Tau codex
Chaos space marine codex 

Q3

Aos4 stormcast vs skaven

I could see Necrons and Ad Mech being January releases now. Presumably Kill Team will be before Christmas as that was originally aimed as an Autumn release. Dark Angels and Orks won't be until March at the earliest due to them being Spring 2024 releases. And FEC and Dawnbringers 4 will almost certainly share a slot like Cities and Dawnbringers 3 did.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Is there a rumor regarding old world release being empire vs orcs? I would think it would be tomb kings vs Bretonia based on all the news these last couple years!

Bretonians vs Tomb Kings is meant to be the launch then some people have been saying Orcs vs Empire next spring/summer but we've not heard much about that unless there's been something new.

It makes sense though as they're both probably easy to bring back using older and existing kits

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Is there a rumor regarding old world release being empire vs orcs? I would think it would be tomb kings vs Bretonia based on all the news these last couple years!

Bretonians and Tomb Kings are confirmed the first releases, they will be coming out Q1 of next year, probably February as GW accidentally postes something suggesting that was the release date.

There are rumours of a Empire vs Greenskin release later on.

15 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

The rumour is Empire and Orcs boxes 6 month after Bretonia and Tomb Kings

• Like 1

Oh, this is rather off topic, but a really interesting discussion about the WH:FB Fishmen with an ex-GW writer who is involved with WHFB-RP (the Old World version of Soulbound) that may impact the "Chasm Dwellers"/Aboleth that Idoneth fought in the Age of Myth that the recent lore of IDK talked about. It is a rather long one but worth a look!

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

I always love the anticipation that comes from a new Edition. Where almost anything is possible for the Factions you collect as it comes their turn in the release cycle once again.

For my Factions I am VERY excited.

Troggoths Im not expecting to see anything after Trugg getting released and thats fine.

Sons of Behemat I could only see recieving an updated Mancrusher but outside of that Im not expecting anything.

But for Beasts of Chaos and Ogor Mawtribes? Im expecting massive refreshes from these 2.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Oh, this is rather off topic, but a really interesting discussion about the WH:FB Fishmen with an ex-GW writer who is involved with WHFB-RP (the Old World version of Soulbound) that may impact the "Chasm Dwellers"/Aboleth that Idoneth fought in the Age of Myth that the recent lore of IDK talked about. It is a rather long one but worth a look!

Back in the 00s, there was a running joke that Chaos Dwarves would be released 'right after Fishmen'. Allegedly, the phrase was the go-to answer whenever GW staff was asked about the faction during events. In the meantime, FW did release their minis, so maybe it still stands, but for AoS :P

Edited by Preppikoma
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, madmac said:

It's been kind of a mess for quite a while. Some warbands come with their rules in boxsets, some of them get printed in white dwarf, some get released as free pdfs. It's enough of a headache to put me off trying to actively keep up with Warcry as a game.

I use warcrier. All rules all there and updates are faster then GW could imagine 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Not much coming up, by the looks of the release list. Seems all the big stuff is for ToW and epic. We only really know the rough order of factions for most of those systems. It really must be nearly the end of the year!

We are in the middle of possibly the biggest AoS pre-order ever, so it's not entirely suprising that we might not see anything else AoS for a while, though we still have the battleforces to come.  

I had assumed that we would see Legions Imperialis next and book 4 on the 9th but now I'm pretty confident it will be next year unless they manage to squeeze it into the last week before Christmas. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Taerg Ad Ywons said:

It's be nice if the Orc box for TOW has the old 6th ed WHFB orc sprues in it. The kind that came with orcs with bows. Really, a few of those, some regular orc sprues and a few command sprues would round out a starting force easily. That and BS3 orcs, c'mon.

Looks like most of the stuff from 6th ed would be re launched, so that could be an option.

2023 has been one of if not the biggest Year for releases for AOS and its side games. We need to remember that a Launch Edition year is very slow for that system.

2024 will have a bunch of releases at the beginning with FEC and potentially a new Faction before the Edition drops, though personally I dont see that happening. 

Then we have the launch in Summer and then a very bare bones time like 40K is having now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

2023 has been one of if not the biggest Year for releases for AOS and its side games. We need to remember that a Launch Edition year is very slow for that system.

2024 will have a bunch of releases at the beginning with FEC and potentially a new Faction before the Edition drops, though personally I dont see that happening. 

Then we have the launch in Summer and then a very bare bones time like 40K is having now.

You want to read the Dawnbringers 3 lore before... ;)

• Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

We would need that bare bones time to be able to diggest everythng we got so far (and what we would get until that point). Indeed prolly the best year for AoS.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Actually it's pretty close between 2023 and 2021. 

I did a quick count so my numbers may not be perfectly accurate. I didn't count the contents of the cursed city box or dominion seperately. 

If we assume AoS doesn't get anything else this year both years have the same number of Underworlds kits and 3 campaign books

2021 had 2 warcry box, 7 battletomes and 54 AoS kits plus Cursed city and Dominion. 

2023 has had 9 battletomes, 48 kits counting the slaves stuff that was in the launch box last year, 4 warboxes and 2 more warbands. 

Hopefully we're not in for another 2022 next year. I'm still optimistic that the first half of the year will have some good surprises. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 21 minutes, Chikout a dit :

En fait, c'est assez proche entre 2023 et 2021. 

J'ai fait un décompte rapide donc mes chiffres ne sont peut-être pas parfaitement précis. Je n'ai pas compté le contenu de la boîte de la ville maudite ou du dominion séparément. 

Si nous supposons qu'AoS n'obtient rien d'autre cette année, les deux années ont le même nombre de kits Underworlds et 3 livres de campagne.

2021 comprenait 2 boîtes Warcry, 7 Battletomes et 54 kits AoS ainsi que Cursed City et Dominion. 

2023 a eu 9 battletomes, 48 kits comprenant les objets d'esclaves qui étaient dans la boîte de lancement l'année dernière, 4 warbox et 2 warbands supplémentaires. 

Espérons que nous ne nous retrouverons pas dans une autre année 2022 l'année prochaine. Je reste optimiste et pense que le premier semestre nous réservera de bonnes surprises. 

It would be exciting to see à big surprise for Age of Sigmar next to Dawnbringer, FEC and Before the V4.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Actually it's pretty close between 2023 and 2021. 

I did a quick count so my numbers may not be perfectly accurate. I didn't count the contents of the cursed city box or dominion seperately. 

If we assume AoS doesn't get anything else this year both years have the same number of Underworlds kits and 3 campaign books

2021 had 2 warcry box, 7 battletomes and 54 AoS kits plus Cursed city and Dominion. 

2023 has had 9 battletomes, 48 kits counting the slaves stuff that was in the launch box last year, 4 warboxes and 2 more warbands. 

Hopefully we're not in for another 2022 next year. I'm still optimistic that the first half of the year will have some good surprises. 

At some point we would have years like 2022. It is the nature of the GW cycles. At least I am pretty sure we all have plenty of plastic ready for that kind of years.

• Like 5