The Rumour Thread

Personally, I've got them all. 

IMHO, both the Underworld bands and fyreslayers are a bit bland, rule wise, but I really like what the writers did with the Monsta Killaz : they are probably not optimal (as I don't really care about optimisation, that's not a problem for me) and maybe in a niche (monster hunting, minster hunting, monster hunting), but I think they do it quite well, and even bag a little bit more punch than Gutrippaz while being cheaper. These ladz are an absolute win for me, and I can't wait to had an unite to my army! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baz said:

The 4 warbands rules are now on the community site in the downlands section.

All the Warcry stuff seems..usable. Feels a little too simplified compared to even other recent warbands, but not unplayable. Gorgers are a deepstrike option with some punch, and the Fyreslayers can basically be used as a vulkite alternative.

24 minutes ago, lele said:

Yea, i found the warscroll, but what official website is this picture?

Probably an App Store of some kind? Text matches the update I got on iPhone apps.

The new fyreslayer unit is, fine I guess? Basically a cheaper unit of axe vulkites with one less model but one more attack each. They switch off monstrous rampages within 3” which gives them a slight niche, but miss out on a few bonuses (such as flamekeeper buffs and vicious counter attack). 

worth getting for the models alone I think, but given the already limited choices fyreslayers have, it’s a shame they don’t have more to set them apart from the other units.

oh, and they have the Lofnir keyword. But as that would only matter in a hermdar army (which is so bad no one would ever use anyway) it’s hardly worth talking about.  

2 minutes ago, Azamar said:

worth getting for the models alone I think, but given the already limited choices fyreslayers have, it’s a shame they don’t have more to set them apart from the other units.

Plus the Magmadroth Special Delivery Service in the AoR. And a chance of doing up to 2 MW. And they're 20 point cheaper than the Vulkites. They're not bad.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Azamar said:

Probably an App Store of some kind? Text matches the update I got on iPhone apps.

The new fyreslayer unit is, fine I guess? Basically a cheaper unit of axe vulkites with one less model but one more attack each. They switch off monstrous rampages within 3” which gives them a slight niche, but miss out on a few bonuses (such as flamekeeper buffs and vicious counter attack). 

oh, and they have the Lofnir keyword. But as that would only matter in a hermdar army (which is so bad no one would ever use anyway) it’s hardly worth talking about.  

Oh yeah the Flamekeeper. GW should honestly just update the wording of his main ability. I would consider it an oversight if they don't.

18 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Plus the Magmadroth Special Delivery Service in the AoR. And a chance of doing up to 2 MW. And they're 20 point cheaper than the Vulkites. They're not bad.

Oh they’re definitely not bad- if they update rules like vicious counter attack to work for them, then they might even be great. At the moment I think they’re fine just quite bland (not counting their AoR abilities- had they baked that into the warscroll they’d be far more interesting)

The ogor rules look really fun, especially the mawpit (although I thought I had a stroke trying to understand the throat of ghur ability ^^)

I really like that it fights back against monsters, it's thematic and forces you to make a tough decision. You want to destroy that terrain, but is it worth the risk of taking a LOT of damage? Even though the chance of really being impactful is quite low, the possibility of seeing your monster disappear to a terrain piece will make you think twice about it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Takyz said:

The ogor rules look really fun, especially the mawpit (although I thought I had a stroke trying to understand the throat of ghur ability ^^)

I really like that it fights back against monsters, it's thematic and forces you to make a tough decision. You want to destroy that terrain, but is it worth the risk of taking a LOT of damage? Even though the chance of really being impactful is quite low, the possibility of seeing your monster disappear to a terrain piece will make you think twice about it.

At the very least, it makes me hesitant to try and smash it without casting Reinforce Constructs on whoever is taking a hammer to it. 

2 hours ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Personally, I've got them all. 

IMHO, both the Underworld bands and fyreslayers are a bit bland, rule wise, but I really like what the writers did with the Monsta Killaz : they are probably not optimal (as I don't really care about optimisation, that's not a problem for me) and maybe in a niche (monster hunting, minster hunting, monster hunting), but I think they do it quite well, and even bag a little bit more punch than Gutrippaz while being cheaper. These ladz are an absolute win for me, and I can't wait to had an unite to my army! 

if the monsta killaz were battleline I'd run them over 10 man gutrippaz literally every time, unfortunately they aren't.

I like them but they might be tough to squeeze into lists, KB don't tend to have a lot of wiggle room.

new fyreslayers are bad and non competitive.

stats wise are similar to vulkites with axes(10% less wounds and damage but 10% cheaper)

but;

-we need vulkites to do one battle tactic.

-vulkites can attack when die

-vulkites can get +1 hit and wound in one lodge and this unit is locked in lofnir

-this unit cant get buffed by flamekeeper neither attack first and a big etc

-locked in lofnir makes them plain bad and also havent acess to many buffs

in short a cool looking unit that is bad and wont be used in competitive

rigth now fyreslayers is the worst army of aos with 38% win rate and need huge buffs,a useless unit so bad as this dont help

Edited by Doko
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Doko said:

the new fyreslayer unit isnt horrible but also isnt good.

in short have same stats than vulkites(10% less wounds and damage output but 10% cheaper)

have as plus that have 2" and vulkites are umplayables due to have 1"  but have the handicap that is locked in lofnir keyword(vulkites have +1 hig and wound in one lodge) and cant get the flamekeeper buff.

in general i would say that have similar power than vulkites but easier to play due to 2"

a army with 38% win rate could have got some better to try get it out of the botton but i guess we must wait for next book

Also one of your easier Battle tactic requires you to have Vulkites either way. 

• Like 1