The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Never underestimate the studio's willingness to put smoke effects on everything they sculpt these days.

"Mate, it's Khorne, there shouldn't be any magic about it."

"Yeah, well, but it looks waaaaaaay cooler like this, so there."

Good example of this are all the other new big model refreshes.

image.png.156b4a349052e90caee3c45eb5357c3d.png

image.png.017111455eb461542d820b9dcefa61bf.png

• Like 4

Hopefully the spear is for Valkia. I would love to see an "upsized" model like what happened with Sigvald, make her more Daemon Prince-ly in size. 

However I'm pretty excited because whoever it is for it's almost certainly for Age of Sigmar. No tech doo-dads on the haft of the spear. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Is destro the only alliance to not have returning characters at this point?

I still prefer new to returning. 

GIVE US GLOBB GLITTERMAW AND FROST KING BRAGGOTH!!!! MAWTRIBES ARE THE ONLY FACTION WITHOUT A NAMED CHARACTER!!!!*

*Besides the others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Vagard said:

"A spear with tendrils of magical smoke drifting off it?" 

Khorne hates magic, my bet in on a new StD hero  

Whitefang like, guess GW cares about khorne's lore after all... 😉

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

Supposed this spear does belong to the rumored "Lady of Ruin," what kind of hero are we expecting? a new spell caster, a foot trooper, or a daemonkin/princess leading the charge from the front? Barring the model, where do you think she'll lie on the Belakor vs Archaon scale? My money says Archaon but I'm also hoping for a solo act if you catch my drift.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Supposed this spear does belong to the rumored "Lady of Ruin," what kind of hero are we expecting? a new spell caster, a foot trooper, or a daemonkin/princess leading the charge from the front? Barring the model, where do you think she'll lie on the Belakor vs Archaon scale? My money says Archaon but I'm also hoping for a solo act if you catch my drift.

Archaon's main captain/commander, and my money is on her being a narrative foil to Yndrasta.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vagard said:

Eternus is not a varanguard anymore in the lore, he serve Belakor. But as varanguards are already heroes in game, having an another solo hero to buff them is quite unlikely. 

So yeah I think it is something else, maybe bigger

Well, he technically is not but I mean another big hero on horse seems less likely than other things for StD. But it's not like I got inside knowledge, Whitefang even laughs at my post, so I figure I'm very off the mark. 😄

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

A Darkoath Chieftain like woman.

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Well, he technically is not but I mean another big hero on horse seems less likely than other things for StD. But it's not like I got inside knowledge, Whitefang even laughs at my post, so I figure I'm very off the mark. 😄

To be fair @MitGas, it could also mean that you’re closer then all of us put together if you get consistent @Whitefang reactions. Plus, Eternus is honestly an elevated Varanguard, and Archaon lost a good deal of them due to his failures (they joined Be’lakor’s faction).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Archaon's main captain/commander, and my money is on her being a narrative foil to Yndrasta.

That would be nice. I feel like a competent second in command always makes the bad guy all that more menacing. Plus, new AoS characters always give a lot of opportunity of fleshing out the realms lore wise. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1