The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The new Pegasus looks beautiful! Now why is this in plastic? Not that I’m complaining. 

There were some rumors that gw had worked on new bretonnians before they decided to kill WFB. This could be why it s in plastic. It was really designed for WFB.  But no matter the reason this gets me excited to play in the old world again with my Bretonnian army

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sarges said:

And after FeC we finally have more photos of Bretonnian pegasus lord:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bretonnian/comments/170ctbu/i_had_planned_to_keep_this_one_under_wraps_but/
>Sadly I don't have the rider. I suspect a hero model just given the amount of bling on the pegasus though. No real indication from the saddle area as to what it might look like.

CDN media
CDN media
CDN media
CDN media

Excellent looking sculpt.

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Underworlds gets a Metawatch, which is surprising.

Have they ever name dropped "Warhammer Skirmish Studio" before now? 

Not to my knowledge but thats awesome.

Wow it is such a beautiful sculpt I am worried how much these awesome updated molds will look next to some of the older kits of the Old World. Tomb Kings especially will have a disconnect between modern and classic aesthetics as the skeletons proportions are a lot harder to ignore than a heavily armoured knight. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sarges said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bretonnian/comments/170ctbu/i_had_planned_to_keep_this_one_under_wraps_but/
>Sadly I don't have the rider. I suspect a hero model just given the amount of bling on the pegasus though. No real indication from the saddle area as to what it might look like.

CDN media
CDN media
CDN media
CDN media

For the Lady! It looks so good!

Even if I don't end up doing any forces for TOW this has a lot of Cities conversion potential (alongside some weirdly heroic scale but imo awesome looking men-at-arms 😄).

2 hours ago, Sarges said:

CDN media
CDN media
CDN media
CDN media

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA IF THESE ARE THE WANNABE FRENCHMEN'S KITS THEN I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE GLORY OF THE TOMB KINGS ONCE MORE!!!! *coughs* In a more serious note, who in God's name is leaking these bad bois? I'm as grateful as the net guy but if we lose a cool dude at GW cause someone couldn't keep their mouth shut then I'm gonna be disappointed in us as a hobby.

14 hours ago, Kronos said:

I hope the offal hounds get an expanded unit, I really like them and are something different for the courts that aren’t just a Ghoul with a cloak or helmet, they’re almost a different species! 

IMG_3089.png

Honestly every Warcry as a whole just has a "this needs to be expanded" vibe to it. I really want to see how far GW could take some of the lesser chaos cults (Horns of Hashut) and the Soulblight kit (vampire samurai warrior monks are awesome, and I need more of them).

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm buying two of each kit, as they're lovely models and I can find a use for both in my armies.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Sarges said:

CDN media
CDN media
CDN media
CDN media

Since that sprue doesn't have any connection gates its a standalone sprue which in turn makes it likely this pegasus will be sold with multiple different riders as different kits

• Like 1

6 hours ago, silverstu said:

Has White Dwarf or Bugman appeared yet? I'd say either one of those would be an iconic 40yr model if it wasn't Harry the Hammer.. Edit: White Dwarf has been shown.. I doubt Bugman will appear .. mo idea really... someone on Bolter mentioned the models are chronological -th eScreamer Killer released this year so 40 th might be next years release?

Bugman has at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They've said for a while now TOW would have new plastics.

I know, but why this model. I don’t understand the logic behind it. 

3 hours ago, azdimy said:

There were some rumors that gw had worked on new bretonnians before they decided to kill WFB. This could be why it s in plastic. It was really designed for WFB.  But no matter the reason this gets me excited to play in the old world again with my Bretonnian army

Could be, that would make sense. Although it seems like a really long time to put a model on a shelf. 

4 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Same approach taken for the LotR game, another line that had its time in the wilderness. By and large old sculpts for most troops but accompanied by new plastic versions of old characters.

So what you’re saying is that we’re gonna get a plastic Settra, Khalida, and maybe a new Arkhan the Black? I’m down with that. 

5 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Same approach taken for the LotR game, another line that had its time in the wilderness. By and large old sculpts for most troops but accompanied by new plastic versions of old characters.

which is fair: characters are where we spend the most time painting and I'm sure have an entirely separate display/collector market. older troops may also be easier to paint than newer heavily greebled ones.

21 hours ago, Sir Grimm said:

Ok guys since we've seen the last (39th) model in the 40 years of Warhammer countdown today, next Wednesday we are getting a reveal of an iconic model of WHFB/TOW spearheading the big Warhammer Day reveal three days later. I think a new version of The Green Knight or Settra the Imperishable is inbound. 

I thought that we would have 40 models.

And I expect a Harry the Hammer remastered for AoS and TOW.

• Like 3

It still seems a little random that this Pegasus is in plastic, but the other old world are resin. The priestess on unicorn is resin too right? Maybe this Pegasus will have multiple builds, or the mold has been made a long time ago for an unreleased Bretonnia wave. 

I still like the idea of old world, but I just can’t understand the reasoning behind some of the choices that have been made. 

• Like 1