The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

I swa someone above mentioned Whitefang hinted at Skaven being the antagonists for AOS 4th edition release; Valrak hinted the same thing in his stream last night too.

Would love to see a big Skaven refresh.

Skavens have been hinted long time ago by Whitefang as well as the rework of the first Stormcasts batch.

Hopefully the Skavens get the same love than the Tyranids from Leviathan.

• Like 9

Whitefang and valrak giving food-things is interesting as theyre the leakers I trust the most but tbh last year damaged me so hard that someone will hit me with a photo of the renewal, miniatures, and an interview with Jes Goodwin, and i'll still be like "until i don't have the minis myself i won't trust anything"

But... I may start smiling again...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Whitefang and valrak giving food-things is interesting as theyre the leakers I trust the most but tbh last year damaged me so hard that someone will hit me with a photo of the renewal, miniatures, and an interview with Jes Goodwin, and i'll still be like "until i don't have the minis myself i won't trust anything"

Just for curiosity, what happened last year? 😅 The leakers failed us?

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Just for curiosity, what happened last year? 😅 The leakers failed us?

Nah, we were just teased with skavens that summer having a new armybook, and me and some copium sniffers thought that at least night runners were going to be renewed after Gallowdark came out. Sadly, it was just a mini on the whole release, and some people got pissed because they overhyped it (even coming to the point of insulting andy and the guy with the glasses during the stream) Since then I myself have become more cautious with specific skaven stuff.

Edited by Garrac

14 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Nah, we were just teased with skavens that summer having a new armybook, and me come copium sniffers thought that at least night runners were going to be renewed after Gallowdark came out. Sadly, it was just a mini on the whole release, and some people got pissed because they overhyped it (even coming to the point of insulting andy and the guy with the glasses during the stream) Since then I myself have become more cautious with specific skaven stuff.

4th edition is Skaven Vs Stormcast. Whitefang has a 100% track record. They've literally never been wrong. The stuff about new gutter runners last year didn't come from Whitefang. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, lele said:

hmm... guys.... is it really the truth about Dawnbringer rumour book V ??

I like the theory of book 1 being the harbinger book and all 4 them getting their own book. We already had the Rabble Rowza and Trugg. Fec, Nurgle and Fyreslayers left. Or at least Death, Chaos, Order. That would indicate 5 books.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I like the theory of book 1 being the harbinger book and all 4 them getting their own book. We already had the Rabble Rowza and Trugg. Fec, Nurgle and Fyreslayers left. Or at least Death, Chaos, Order. That would indicate 5 books.

Maybe we get an updated roadmap in the warhammer day preview?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

La 4ème édition est Skaven Vs Stormcast. Whitefang a un historique de 100%. Ils ne se sont littéralement jamais trompés. Les informations concernant les nouveaux canaux de gouttières l'année dernière ne venaient pas de Whitefang. 

I would then like to know what @Croc blanc positions are on Malerion and his faction after that.

1 hour ago, Vagard said:

Would be so nice, but i'm not very confident about it... Maybe just after the V4 official confirmation 

Well the current roadmap replaced the one before after just a month after everything in its first quarter was released. The current one has been running for 5 months now and the second quarter on there only has the Book III left so its not that unlikely we will get a new one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Well the current roadmap replaced the one before after just a month after everything in its first quarter was released. The current one has been running for 5 months now and the second quarter on there only has the Book III left so its not that unlikely we will get a new one.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe we get an updated roadmap in the warhammer day preview?

I think an updated Roadmap is guranteed. 

Thank Sigmar that GW decided to do them.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Garrac said:

Valrak's trustworthiness usually dives off a cliff with regards to anything more than a month or two out from a reveal. If he's talking about what a reveal show will have only a few weeks away he's usually spot on, but the further out he is the more his credibility drops. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Valrak's trustworthiness usually dives off a cliff with regards to anything more than a month or two out from a reveal. If he's talking about what a reveal show will have only a few weeks away he's usually spot on, but the further out he is the more his credibility drops. 

Not really, his source has been pretty accurate for 40k and Heresy. I think the only notable thing that he got wrong was a Black Templar Ancient (a conversion by one of the sculptors who worked on the new Primaris Templars that was included in the Codex photo sections was assumed to be a new model by his source) and updated Chaos Marine Bikes (which I could believe are ready to go but waiting for the right window).

• Like 4

9 hours ago, skylerboodie said:

Would love to see a big Skaven refresh.

I'm never going to collect skaven but you guys deserve it so much. I'm almost offended on your behalf that it's taken so long

And regarding FEC I just remembered that vargheists are in the SBGL vanguard so I think that kills any chances of the horrors/flayers getting a new kit soon. I wonder if GW would still do separate Courtier releases if they'd be 30-40 burgerbucks per hero when the current kit essentially functions like three heroes for 20 each? 

• Like 4