The Rumour Thread

28 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Part of me is sceptical about getting more Fyreslayers (sans the Warcry team) before 4.0 by virtue of the Grimhold Exile being in Book 1, but then I remembered Trugg is technically a Gloomspite model and they already got the Rabble-rowza in Book 1, so I guess anything's possible.

Considering one of the Crusades is in Aqshy there's as good an excuse to add them now as ever.

Maybe we see those mysterious "2 FS units" that were supposed to be in the BT according to playtesters. Maybe the Warcry team was one of them. 

Part of me wants FS players to get releases as soon as possible, another part tells me that maybe it's better to wait for a bigger 4th ed release instead of a few heroes/units every semester.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

With Harrowdeep they just reboxed the starter set teams without the rulebook and boards for a bit cheaper, so there's no guarantee they'll get a standalone release. Either way, they'll probably land whenever Deathgorge goes up for pre-order.

Not sure if they will drop those anymore. They should release them alongside Wyrdhollow which was starter after Gnarlwood.

On 3/16/2021 at 1:39 PM, silverstu said:

Getting a dwarf vibe off that- well constructed/engineered plus the blurb [which may have nothing to do with it] - hints days long past. Looks very clean for 40k imperium.. probably wishful thinking on my part though. 

Edited by Dawi not Duardin
D'oh, I replied to a post from 2021 and thought it was from today. Mods please delete?

On 9/11/2023 at 11:35 PM, Nezzhil said:

The coming of King Trugg made me think of the other destruction Kings and suddenly the idea of the
AoS version of the Christmas carol “We Three Kings” came to me.

So this happened...

🎶Three Twisted Kings🎶

(sung to 'We Three Kings')

King Brodd of the Gargants, vengeance in sight,
Obelisk wielded, he joins in the fight.
Almighty stomping, battlefield shaking,
Foes to be crushing, revenge to be taking.

(Chorus) Ohhhh,
Bad Moon above, guiding the fray,
Three twisted kings will have their say.
Loonking, Gargants, and Troggoth might,
Bound by Da Moon on this fateful night.

(Chorus)

Loonking Skragrott, small yet so sly,
Moon Onna Stikk, held up to the sky.
The Loonking's Entreaty, guiding Da Moon,
Under its glow, his Gitz bring the doom.

(Chorus)

King Trugg awakens, fierce and so grand,
Ironshell Club clenched in his hand.
Leystone malfunction, migraine rage,
Wandering leylines, a king’s rampage.

(Chorus)

Three kings diverse, yet under one boon,
Guided eternal by the shifting Bad Moon.
Though each seeks his own, in this dark affair,
Bound by Da Bad Moon, that hangs in the air.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh,
Bad Moon leavin, dawn drawing near,
But it’s madcap pull, will always be here,
Loonking, and Gargants, and Troggoth might,
Will follow Da Moon, night after night.

—-
And so, King Brodd, Skragrott the Loonking, and King Trugg move under the twisted, leering faces of Da Bad Moon. Their uneasy alliance a testament to the Moon’s chaotic allure, each vying for its errant blessing. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 8

6 minutes ago, The Wah said:

The coming of King Trugg made me think of the other destruction Kings and suddenly the idea of the
AoS version of the Christmas carol “We Three Kings” came to me.

So this happened...

🎶Three Twisted Kings🎶

(sung to 'We Three Kings')

King Brodd of the Gargants, vengeance in sight,
Obelisk wielded, he joins in the fight.
Almighty stomping, battlefield shaking,
Foes to be crushing, revenge to be taking.

(Chorus) Ohhhh,
Bad Moon above, guiding the fray,
Three twisted kings will have their say.
Loonking, Gargants, and Troggoth might,
Bound by Da Moon on this fateful night.

(Chorus)

Loonking Skragrott, small yet so sly,
Moon Onna Stikk, held up to the sky.
The Loonking's Entreaty, guiding Da Moon,
Under its glow, his Gitz bring the doom.

(Chorus)

King Trugg awakens, fierce and so grand,
Ironshell Club clenched in his hand.
Leystone malfunction, migraine rage,
Wandering leylines, a king’s rampage.

(Chorus)

Three kings diverse, yet under one boon,
Guided eternal by the shifting Bad Moon.
Though each seeks his own, in this dark affair,
Bound by Da Bad Moon, that hangs in the air.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh,
Bad Moon leavin, dawn drawing near,
But it’s madcap pull, will always be here,
Loonking, and Gargants, and Troggoth might,
Will follow Da Moon, night after night.

—-
And so, King Brodd, Skragrott the Loonking, and King Trugg move under the twisted, leering faces of Da Bad Moon. Their uneasy alliance a testament to the Moon’s chaotic allure, each vying for its errant blessing. 

A wonderful song, and especially fitting since it seems that GA: Destruction seems to be gearing up to do to Order what Teclis did to Nagash in the upcoming book.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 3

Warhammer Weekly were wishlisting models for the rest of the Dawnbringers books and brought up a sauropod for Seraphon and it made my heart flutter. 

As much as I want that Fyreslayers, Deepkin, Ogors, Maggotkin and most importantly Skaven need new models.

Give me Crab Cavalry... Crabvalry

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 5

3 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Warhammer Weekly were wishlisting models for the rest of the Dawnbringers books and brought up a sauropod for Seraphon and it made my heart flutter. 

As much as I want that Fyreslayers, Deepkin, Ogors, Maggotkin and most importantly Skaven need new models.

Give me Crab Cavalry... Crabvalry

I love Warhammer weekly but they're so bad at predictions especially since Vince has probably already read book 2. 

• Like 4

Sorry for a blatantly silly question that will provide lots of needless speculation and no answers.

If the Skaven rumour proves true (which I suspect it will), does anyone have any ideas which if any Subfaction will be the focus? Is there enough unit diversity for the box to focus on Verminus or will they possibly put one of the major clans in the box.

I feel like the realm itself could be a clue when we see which direction the narrative takes us. For example if the narrative moves toward Ulgu I feel like Eshin become an obvious choice. 

30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Sorry for a blatantly silly question that will provide lots of needless speculation and no answers.

If the Skaven rumour proves true (which I suspect it will), does anyone have any ideas which if any Subfaction will be the focus? Is there enough unit diversity for the box to focus on Verminus or will they possibly put one of the major clans in the box.

I feel like the realm itself could be a clue when we see which direction the narrative takes us. For example if the narrative moves toward Ulgu I feel like Eshin become an obvious choice. 

Nobody knows for sure but Eshin and or Pestilens seem a safe bet. A new edition update tends to be about a dozen kits so there's definitely scope to touch multiple clans. It would be a surprise if we don't get new rat ogres. That said I don't expect anything from 8th edition or the end times to get a new version. I doubt we'll get new clan rats or a new screaming bell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

That still does not even hint at this new guy taking the faction from the more established AoS character.

Sigmar won't loose its golden boys, don't worry.

Jokes asides, imo Morathi is far from being the most established AoS character. It is quite a secondary one, imo. If I would have to pick one, it would be either Sigmar or one of the Chaos gods.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Sigmar won't loose its golden boys, don't worry.

Jokes asides, imo Morathi is far from being the most established AoS character. It is quite a secondary one, imo. If I would have to pick one, it would be either Sigmar or one of the Chaos gods.

Between Morathi and Malerion, Morathi is 100% the most established character

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Jokes asides, imo Morathi is far from being the most established AoS character.

I think the point was that Morathi is (way) more established than Malerion, not the most established character of the whole AoS narrative.

And as for her being "secondary", imho she might not be in the S-tier of characters (basically, Sigmar himself and possibly Archaon since the chaos gods are not really "characters"), but she's firmly in the A-tier: her role in the Slaanesh narrative arc, as well as in Broken Realms, ascent to goddesshood and wrenching away Anvilgard from Sigmar is pretty big stuff compared to most other single characters.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, TreelordRecent said:

Does anyone have a link to the Kurnothi rumour? (I must have been away from the forum for too long). 

Just these, the first from Whitefang and a like from whitefang in the second. We don't have anything regarding what's coming and how many kits etc. 

Screenshot_20230914_074707_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230914_074718_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I think the point was that Morathi is (way) more established than Malerion, not the most established character of the whole AoS narrative.

And as for her being "secondary", imho she might not be in the S-tier of characters (basically, Sigmar himself and possibly Archaon since the chaos gods are not really "characters"), but she's firmly in the A-tier: her role in the Slaanesh narrative arc, as well as in Broken Realms, ascent to goddesshood and wrenching away Anvilgard from Sigmar is pretty big stuff compared to most other single characters.

Ok, it is one arch. A big one indeed, yes, but just one. Release Malerion, give him some nice intro lore and why it won't be more stablished? Obviously this is all my opinion and we will see in the future.

Someone said that this would be bad as we would loose the only female based army identity, but I have the feeling we would see way more female characters from now on over the whole range, so that wouldn't be a problem imo.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Baz said:

Just these, the first from Whitefang and a like from whitefang in the second. We don't have anything regarding what's coming and how many kits etc. 

Screenshot_20230914_074707_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230914_074718_Gallery.jpg

Btw this comment made me paint my whole Sylavaneth army around 6000+ pts. I only need finish Alarielle. I wanted everything painted before they drop Kurnothi 😄 

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Someone said that this would be bad as we would loose the only female based army identity, but I have the feeling we would see way more female characters from now on over the whole range, so that wouldn't be a problem imo.

A female based army (or balanced gender army) which has a less cringe aesthetic than thigh length boots and bikinis would be welcome. In my opinion at least.

New Cities is a good start for this I this I think.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Snarff said:

It might definitely lead to a heavily diluted identity for DoK though, especially if Malerion is just shoved in there.

Maybe. 

But on the other side, Lumineth Kangaroos are not less "kangarooy" by being in the same army as the classical looking hoplites like warriors that are the basic troops. 

Furthermore, the Warcry warband is a perfect middle ground between Morathi and Malerion: shadowy capes (akin the the whole shadow theme that will be probably associated to Malerion's goons) and typical witch elves crowns. 

The writting's on the wall. 

• Like 4