The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

In my opinion, this is what they should do as it would be easier for them to manage the rules. However, I fully understand they need to make it accessible to new players to walk into a shop and have everything they need to play, so this won’t happen. 

"Everything". As many books get FAQs on day one. So it is a shame you buy a book or datacards and they are already outdated. Imo this would be the best option as I doubt many buy the battletomes just for the rules having the app for free.

• Haha 2

I'm still a firm believer that if they could release free supplements like the iron jaws online for all factions that would be a huge boon for the game as a whole. I would have no issue paying the hefty tag for a lore/art/hobby book on that faction instead of it being focused on rules. Folks could still print out the supplement, to have physical rules. 

This is an area where other systems like Conquest, KoW, etc, for example, do significantly better. 

Edited by Tervindar
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tervindar said:

I'm still a firm believer that if they could release free supplements like the iron jaws online for all factions that would be a huge boon for the game as a whole. I would have no issue paying the hefty tag for a lore/art/hobby book on that faction instead of it being focused on rules. Folks could still print out the supplement, to have physical rules. 

This is an area where other systems like Conquest, KoW, etc, for example, do significantly better. 

Especially since the crunchy part of the rulwbooks is increasingly ephemeral rhese days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

This is cropped art of the eventual 4th ed battletome and you can't convince me otherwise.

chrome_UbbardspH1.jpg

They are really going all out with this Destruction wave and i cant be more exited. Love the new Ardboyz warscroll, really fitting for Orruks. Cant believe the amount of free stuff inside this supplement. GW, job well done.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, EntMan said:

For those who haven't read the ramblings that go with today's rumour engine I heartily recommend it. imho GW are at there absolute best when they are blatantly not taking things including themselves too seriously

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/12/the-rumour-engine-12th-september-2023/

This is the kind of madness I love, the bit about Organised Leak Department and taking bribes by Zoat players (I wish!) had me in stitches

GG, GW

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

that witch aelf is so randomly placed that I didn't understand what this artwork is for. Maybe supposed to be a 2-page spread in 4.0 tome?

The problem is that there's no motion being conveyed in the body language. So it just looks like she's standing there, having a nice chat instead of charging headlong into the fray.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1