The Rumour Thread

18 hours ago, Baz said:

From the latest episode of Loremasters re the coin malleus. 

"Even some supposed allies are disturbed by the presence of so many Sigmarites, such as the groves of the most bitter hearted and isolationist of the sylvaneth who may respond aggressively to hordes of mortals cutting down forests for fuel and timber on their way through."

Maybe a hint as to why if it is the ghyran crusade that fails. 

let's hope that "some" is a correct descriptor...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Btw. do we have some rumours about Idoneth? Because since their release 5 years ago they received exactly one model in AoS (not counting Underworlds). Even Fyreslayers had more luck. :D

Wow it is 5 years already. They started with waves 2 for some older armies I think they are next in line with fyreslayers 😁. Maybe we will get hero or more warbands in meantime 😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Wow it is 5 years already. They started with waves 2 for some older armies I think they are next in line with fyreslayers 😁. Maybe we will get hero or more warbands in meantime 😂

Hopefully. Because before Blacktalon series with that IDk character aired I was convinced that GW looked back at IDK range and thought “elves on eels? What were we thinking? Let’s pretend it never happened.”

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Hopefully. Because before Blacktalon series with that IDk character aired I was convinced that GW looked back at IDK range and thought “elves on eels? What were we thinking? Let’s pretend it never happened.”

I don't know how much of this is still regarded to be rumour, but I thought the working theory was that all the 1st edition armies like KO, FEC, Idoneth, Fyreslayers and Ironjawz were released at a time when the GW strategy was still to have a bunch of tiny micro-factions. And then that strategy changed with 2nd edition. But since GW's design process takes 2-3 years from concept to finished product, we are only now seeing these factions actually get expanded. I would say the evidence that this is happening is pretty good: Ironjawz and FEC seem to be getting pretty substantial amounts of models now, and I would suspect that the other micro-factions won't be too far behind.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just thought about something for the (presumably) Valkia/Khorne themed upcoming Dawnbringers book.

Spoiler

Since the Twin-Tailed Crusade's path has been outlined in Dawnbringers I, we know that the Aqshyan half is probably going towards the mountains (with maybe Chorfs, more likely source of Gloomspite forces), and the Ghyranite half is heading North towards the edge Verdia to the coast and close to Greywater Fastness.

That reminded me of this image from Warcom. Khorne vs Greywater, which does not appear in the Battletome.

Spoiler

AoS CitiesOrders Aug16 Image1

Since Greywater seems have had almost as much attention in terms of studio armies as the posterfaction of Hammerhal Aqsha, I really hope it means we get some good narrative content for the city alongside the (most likely) Khorne focused 3rd/4th book.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Just thought about something for the (presumably) Valkia/Khorne themed upcoming Dawnbringers book.

Hide contents

Since the Twin-Tailed Crusade's path has been outlined in Dawnbringers I, we know that the Aqshyan half is probably going towards the mountains (with maybe Chorfs, more likely source of Gloomspite forces), and the Ghyranite half is heading North towards the edge Verdia to the coast and close to Greywater Fastness.

That reminded me of this image from Warcom. Khorne vs Greywater, which does not appear in the Battletome.

Hide contents

AoS CitiesOrders Aug16 Image1

Since Greywater seems have had almost as much attention in terms of studio armies as the posterfaction of Hammerhal Aqsha, I really hope it means we get some good narrative content for the city alongside the (most likely) Khorne focused 3rd/4th book.

Be carefull with what you wish or we could have here a second Anvilgard/Har Kuron 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't know how much of this is still regarded to be rumour, but I thought the working theory was that all the 1st edition armies like KO, FEC, Idoneth, Fyreslayers and Ironjawz were released at a time when the GW strategy was still to have a bunch of tiny micro-factions. And then that strategy changed with 2nd edition. But since GW's design process takes 2-3 years from concept to finished product, we are only now seeing these factions actually get expanded. I would say the evidence that this is happening is pretty good: Ironjawz and FEC seem to be getting pretty substantial amounts of models now, and I would suspect that the other micro-factions won't be too far behind.

I've not heard anything to refute it and I'm sure I've seen it implied in interviews with former GW studio staff. Sylvaneth are also included in that batch of early armies and got a nice little update similar to Ironjawz in between Broken Realms and 3rd ed (three units from two kits, and a couple of characters) with rumours of more to come.

Likewise we've seen the Ironjawz update, know there's a FEC one the way, and I think Whitefang has teased more for Fyreslayers?

I would be shocked if Kharadron, Idoneth, and possibly even Disciples of Tzeentch don't have more in the works, especially as all of them have clear design identities to build off of.

• Like 4

Looks like as new codexes are released for 40k, unit datasheets will be locked away again. I hope this doesn't foretell what'll happen with AoS in 4th edition. I really like being able to see at least the warscrolls for units I don't have the battletome for.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/07/warhammer-40000-app-update-how-battle-forge-works/

Screenshot_20230908-114237.png.dc5b2c330da578382fa924f08b7d6965.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Looks like as new codexes are released for 40k, unit datasheets will be locked away again. I hope this doesn't foretell what'll happen with AoS in 4th edition. I really like being able to see at least the warscrolls for units I don't have the battletome for.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/07/warhammer-40000-app-update-how-battle-forge-works/

Screenshot_20230908-114237.png.dc5b2c330da578382fa924f08b7d6965.png

3rd dodged the bullet. I hope they will keep it this way. 40k seems to be the moneytrain for GW. I dont think AoS has the luxury to lose more players thanks to more paywalls. 

• Like 5

They do seem to play AoS a bit smarter. GW know they could open a codex with a literal middle finger to 40k players insulting their mothers and the overwhelming majority of people would still keep paying for it. AoS they don't have that luxury.

Just look at General's Hand Books keeping the fancy ring-bound designs while Chapter Approved went to crappy softbacks, for example. It's the little things that add up to a noticeable difference. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

To me it seems like GW could toss poo at people in any of their main systems and people would throw money back at them.

I agree to a point, but I think the brand loyalty to 40k is much, much more entrenched than AoS or 30k. Most people will never stop clinging to 40k simply because most people are the same way. You can walk into basically any store, in any country, in any state, and you'll find 40k players. That's what ensures there will always be a solid core even if one day we discovers Rountree has an Orphan Crusher 9000 under Nottingham.

AoS does get a certain amount of leeway due to being GW's main (lowercase) fantasy offering, but I think if GW screwed the pooch too hard one day that most people would just go to 40k as an alternative, whereas the number of people doing the reverse tends not to be that great - especially now Horus Heresy is back and plastic. My local AoS scene isn't dead, but it goes through ups and downs the 40k one never seems to.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, EonChao said:

I've not heard anything to refute it and I'm sure I've seen it implied in interviews with former GW studio staff. Sylvaneth are also included in that batch of early armies and got a nice little update similar to Ironjawz in between Broken Realms and 3rd ed (three units from two kits, and a couple of characters) with rumours of more to come.

Likewise we've seen the Ironjawz update, know there's a FEC one the way, and I think Whitefang has teased more for Fyreslayers?

I would be shocked if Kharadron, Idoneth, and possibly even Disciples of Tzeentch don't have more in the works, especially as all of them have clear design identities to build off of.

All Tzeentch needs is a mortal elite unit that mirrors the ones for Khorne, Slaanesh and Nurgle - I‘d go for armored Sorcerer-Warriors in a style similar to the Curseling. 

Other cool extras would be: Forsaken, a Chaos dragon, perhaps with a Sorcerer Lord on top (or Egrimm Van Horstmann coming back, yeah baby!)  and an option fir Galrauch and/or Aekold Helbrass if we get a champion for both systems… him returning would make sense due to his gift of life.

It‘s difficult to find anything that Tzeentch lacks outside of those so consider this my personal wishlisting. 😇 I guess most DoT players would agree with that list though!

Oh and very unlikely but I‘d love to see what GW could do with chaos spawns nowadays. I don‘t hate the hate the old plastic kit but there‘s so much potential. I wish their rules were better, too. Would love to field an army with lots of them in it!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, MitGas said:

All Tzeentch needs is a mortal elite unit that mirrors the ones for Khorne, Slaanesh and Nurgle - I‘d go for armored Sorcerer-Warriors in a style similar to the Curseling. 
Other cool extras would be: Forsaken, a Chaos dragon, perhaps with a Sorcerer Lord on top (or Egrimm Van Horstmann coming back, yeah baby!)  and an option fir Galrauch and/or Aekold Helbrass if we get a champion for both systems… him returning would make sense due to his gift of life.

It‘s difficult to find anything that Tzeentch lacks outside of those so consider this my personal wishlisting. 😇 I guess most DoT players would agree with that list though!

The Doom Knights from Total War would be perfect, especially when there's already a disk-riding unit in the Enlightened. 

00552brl2wfx.png

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They do seem to play AoS a bit smarter. GW know they could open a codex with a literal middle finger to 40k players insulting their mothers and the overwhelming majority of people would still keep paying for it. AoS they don't have that luxury.

Just look at General's Hand Books keeping the fancy ring-bound designs while Chapter Approved went to crappy softbacks, for example. It's the little things that add up to a noticeable difference. 

To me ring-bounds don't look too fancy... it just feels cheap and lacking proper work. Curious how different our POV are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Dawnbringer Chronicle. This time with King Brodd... no, I mean, the other one.

awnHS3BNTFgi2bS5.jpg 

I see no differences between King Brodd and KING BROOD, I mean, they are big guys who bring enjoyment and happiness to their respective communities.

In regard of the story... wow I like that, the main fighters are entering in the ring at last! 😁

Edited by Trugg the Troggoth King
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

To me ring-bounds don't look too fancy... it just feels cheap and lacking proper work. Curious how different our POV are.

counterpoint: for books that we're going to be opening and flipping through often for rules, the ring-binding doesn't have the softback issue of worrying about the spine coming apart from overuse.

• Like 7