The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

AoS designs tend to bring love or totally dislike for them, and that´s really good because nobody is indiferent to them. We can talk and discuss about models from totally diferrent points of view. Learning and appreciating details we could overlook.

Well said ;)

6 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Is there a word that asserts more no than no?😄

When mollog was first shown as our first glimpse into a new trogg, the dankhold, I really liked the design. Not so much the mutation part but the base creature design was on point. 

Then the actual danhold dropped and the subtle changes were just too silly for me especially the facial anatomy. 

Then Trugg drops and just when I thought it couldn't get worse... boy was I wrong. 

Imagine your love of gargants and finally seeing them only to realize it's bottom levels of the abyss nothing like what you hoped for.  

Just my opinion. If you like it I'm happy for you. 

I just feel like it's a below subpar design from the leading mini juggernaut of the wrld. Like, very subpar. 

I'm sketching over the pic to see if I can make it more to my liking. 

Here's what I have so far. I've toned down a bunch of "too busy" bo jangles and am tweaking the facial anatomy. Giving him the foppy ears like mollog. I may still get it if I think I can make it closer to this. 

Still a WIP. 

a6ad90be-009b-4bed-85b4-1a42b7072ae7.png.7cee070f771862d66e761b2e6e0669ca.png20230904_074319.jpg.7f108db6937ffebc8e909990c909481f.jpg

I know it's minor so far but I really really hate the dankhold head design. 

I really like your edits - makes it look a lot scarier and less goofy as it now feels more like a perversion of the human form than the cartoony face he's got, although I think the vines look great as they are, especially if you went for a darker color scheme. While I also like the original, I think I understand where you are coming from. Frankly it's something you could pull off easily with epoxy putty and enough time/patience. With trolls now being so closely connected to Gitz, I figure that's one reason why they got a certain type of gaudiness to them. I like it but I understand if someone wants to push them into a darker place (and frankly that's what the hobby is all about) and you've done a great job with those edits! 

Oh and I collect confused emoji reactions too, usually by the same crowd. It's a badge of honor! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeLewko said:

So I the article they mentioned that kruleboyz are snatching eggs of exotic monster in Ghur, do you think is only mentioning the new warcry warband or it’s a setup for wave 2 ? 🤔

Come on Wyveryn Cavalry in the vein of Stormdrake Guard!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Grunbag said:

There is hope

IMG_5312.jpeg

IMG_5313.jpeg

I advice you to not overread to much anything that community manager has to say. That's the standarized answer to keep people looking out for coming releases.

Ask them about marines or some kind of a strange creature that appeared only in a novel, and they will answer probably the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeLewko said:

So I the article they mentioned that kruleboyz are snatching eggs of exotic monster in Ghur, do you think is only mentioning the new warcry warband or it’s a setup for wave 2 ? 🤔

Yeah they just reminding people about the upcoming warcry warband. They even hyperlink the text to redirect you to the Monsta Killaz reveal article.

granted they mention the Miredrakes twice now (the Belcha banner uses a Miredrake tongue) but I wouldn’t read too much into it yet.

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Did Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook profile ever posted any useful answer other than "stay tuned", "wait", who knows", "we can't talk about this yet" etc.?

They also like to hide comments. Underworlds community asked for FAR/FAQ and cleae statement which format they will support but they just ignored it and then hide comment for everyone next day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LiftForSwift said:

Can we even buy the shaman separately now? Or would a new player have to seek a second hand Dominion?

As mentioned the Shaman is currently still very available in the Harbinger set, I suspect when Orruk Warclans get their 4th ed release it and the Killa-boss with Stab Grot will be released separately through the webstore similar to how the Captain and Lieutenant from 40k 9th starters just were (and presumably the Royal Warden will be in a few months when Codex Necrons drops)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeLewko said:

Stealing eggs and raising them as pets/mounts has been a big part of the Kruleboyz lore since they were introduced. I don't think you can read much into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

As mentioned the Shaman is currently still very available in the Harbinger set, I suspect when Orruk Warclans get their 4th ed release it and the Killa-boss with Stab Grot will be released separately through the webstore similar to how the Captain and Lieutenant from 40k 9th starters just were (and presumably the Royal Warden will be in a few months when Codex Necrons drops)

For anyone (UK based?) wanting the Killaboss with Stab Grot (and a Knight Arcanum) for  £2.90 plus postage, Issue 1 of Stormbringer is still available at Forbidden Planet.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/380509-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-stormbringer-1/?utm_medium=fp-shar

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

For anyone (UK based?) wanting the Killaboss with Stab Grot (and a Knight Arcanum) for  £2.90 plus postage, Issue 1 of Stormbringer is still available at Forbidden Planet.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/380509-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-stormbringer-1/?utm_medium=fp-shar

adding to this, nº9 has the Shaman

Edited by Gotz