The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

A long shot, I know, but given Trugg apparently didn't have his antlers previously, and given the 'rock carving'on him, it makes me wonder if this might be a Kurnothi link of some kind.

According to the Nova Open article about him, he has been sleeping for a loooong time in a deep cavern of Ghyran. In the middle of his nap, an entire kingdom crumbled and an altar of arcane power got attached on his back.

I don't know if his antlers are a consecuence of the Ghyran magic of the altar itself or the natural property of troggoths to assimilate anything they consume (in this case, absorved magic) and adapt their body to it.

In any case, I don't think these details are a coincidence. GW likes to put hints in miniatures for future armies, like boneshaper and megagargants.

Maybe Trugg's antlers and the paints/scarifications of his body (deer specifically) are hints of the incoming kurnothi miniatures and/or how some of them get their bestial attributes.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just saw the AoS Facebook account post this and had to share it. Its perfect.

FB_IMG_1693584925415.jpg.106b796926ea8d4a5722e760f995f44e.jpg

9 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Given that it appears to have been Alarielle’s ‘lifequake’ that started Trugg stirring, I could see it being the cause of his new horns/antlers as well.

Probably just that

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

…aaand Lumineth! ☝🏻

Would your attitude towards individual Lumineth soften if they were blessed by Tzeentch with Boon of Mutation?IMG_20230901_170929013.jpg.6f01b5cf15ed8521c09285c30d698976.jpg

(awaiting Tzeentch's blessed Green stuff finishing touches)

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Would your attitude towards individual Lumineth soften if they were blessed by Tzeentch with Boon of Mutation?IMG_20230901_170929013.jpg.6f01b5cf15ed8521c09285c30d698976.jpg

(awaiting Tzeentch's blessed Green stuff finishing touches)

By all that is unholy, this is truly sickening! You should feel shame for even having this idea in the first place!

My weird „colleague“ has a different opinion though, wait here, I‘ll catch him…

image.jpeg.4eb147370196f5c57faeaee7409982b2.jpeg

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, MitGas said:

By all that is unholy, this is truly sickening! You should feel shame for even having this idea in the first place!

If it makes you feel better Mr Cattlehat Aelf says he's much happier now he's a Tzaangor.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

What I expect with the Trugg Army of Renown:

- Only Gloomspite Troggoths but all the non-unique Troggoths gain 1 wound more.

What we are gonna gain:

- +1 Bravery to Troggoths and nothing more

The box doesn’t mention regiment of renown right ?

24 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Seeing as you mentioned Slaanesh...IMG_20230901_183116600.jpg.5913a76bb0cdf2cac6df664d1def747a.jpg

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

I don’t think we are getting an ironjawz box with dawnbringers 2. It would be great but all new minis with a discount on release doesn’t sound like gw 🤪

IMG_2297.png

All of them? Definitely not. The new blacksmith hero + some older stuff though? I could see that happening.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part since more that Ardboyz are getting a good up, I'm finally ready to pull the Ironjawz trigger 😄

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Given that it appears to have been Alarielle’s ‘lifequake’ that started Trugg stirring, I could see it being the cause of his new horns/antlers as well.

Also, he's regeneration seemed to be better than the usual troggoth, which adds to the theory that he absorbed Ghyran's magic.

• Like 1