The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I hope someone will post an image with lots of different schemes but I imagine there will be a showcase by the Eavy Metal team anyways. A few of those insignias look like I‘d really like them! 

If you don't mind the potato cam, there's the low HD shot of them from the leaks.

Tf2fmkx.jpeg

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jymmy said:

I feel tempted by Misthaven, as I love the ruffians and corsairs theme, the problem I have is that I have zero confidence now in what they will do with the old range, specially with the non human part. As it is, I don’t see myself buying dark aelves corsairs and kharividis when there is a high probability for them to dissapear in three years…

Also, I had a small army of cities from Anvilgard, rip that project lol

Do not buy into Cities for the dwarfs or dark elves!!!!!!! They are almost certainly gonna get removed for their own factions or The Old World sooner rather then later. Book already giving hints on dark elves being kicked from the Cities............. which is better then what happened to the wood elves lol.

If you are okay with buying them now and then mixing/proxing them in future human units then go for it. I started a small Cities army a year ago as well so I feel that pain and also have to make that choice lol........

And I would love to be wrong, but this army will most likely be Imperial Guard 2.0 sooner rather then later.

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

anyone catch this miniature on the warhammer community home page? Its a thumbnail for the warhammer+ article. The figure does not appear in the article, but it was on the homepage as a thumbnail for some reason. Do the horns match the recent Tuesday rumor thread? I think its one of the Cities of SIgmar Knights, with a different helmet option than I've seen so far, but I could be mistaken. I know that kit has a lot of options on the sprue

image.png.275826a846de75f45c8e126d8dfbba31.png

4 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

anyone catch this miniature on the warhammer community home page? Its a thumbnail for the warhammer+ article. The figure does not appear in the article, but it was on the homepage as a thumbnail for some reason. Do the horns match the recent Tuesday rumor thread? I think its one of the Cities of SIgmar Knights, with a different helmet option than I've seen so far, but I could be mistaken. I know that kit has a lot of options on the sprue

That’s just the leader of the cavalier unit. We have seen it before. Also the antlers in the rumour engine are much bigger. 

5 hours ago, Ledgington said:

Not a rumour but just look how pretty! Also Legend of the Doomseeker is both of the audio plays turned into a novel not just the first. I feel like that wasn’t very clear from the advertising.

IMG_5771.jpeg

…And I’ve just realised the spine reads “Rflmslayer. Amazing Q&A they have over there at Black Library lol

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

…And I’ve just realised the spine reads “Rflmslayer. Amazing Q&A they have over there at Black Library lol

Seems like it's happened to most if not all the copies since not even Guymer escaped it. Apparently GW are offering a refund if you return it, or a $20 voucher if you keep it. Given how expensive these limited editions are that's... not great. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

A Cities hobby thread would be awesome. I need more inspiration on how to make these poor sods even more gunpowdery for the Fastness...

This is a great idea. I've always loved the cities conversions people have put out even before they had a battletome!  Could the admins pin it withinh order as well? Love to see everyones work in progress and integrating aelf and Duardin with these new kits too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

It reminds me of a Wild Rider, and now I'm sad about Wanderers again lol

1 minute ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I’m now imagining some Green Knight-esque riders infused with the power of Ghyran cantering from out of the tree-line, vines and velvet trailing from their antlered helms, favours from the Everqueen lingering at their lances…

Oh don't! For me wave 2 for cities I hope to see city dwarves and city aelves and some more ironweld and devoted.

But! For a future wave 3 id love there to be realm specific units. I know they don't quite have the universality they they may want for factions but it would be amazing. Imagine a shyishian unit of human aelves and dwarves with their deceased ancestors holding the banners and banging the drums. A beserker aqshian unit flinging flaming flails around their heads! 

The Warforger definatly reminds me of a piece of art when the first Cities battletome was released. Could of been an early concept.

1 hour ago, Ledgington said:

Oof that is shockingly sloppy.

I know of a case where a whole run of Discworld books were relegated to free conference giveaways because of a similar spine typo. For BL/GW to actually put them out for distribution, passing however many sets of eyes in editorial, marketing, sales… that’s wild.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont know if it has been shown before but i just noticed the 2 ogor versions for the first time. Loving the yellow/black paint scheme.

AoS CitiesRoundTable3 Aug23 Image5

I swear to Behemat all Ogor releases need to match this scale. That is the most lore accurate Ogor height we have yet seen in mini form.

Far taller than a man but much shorter than a Gargant. I really hope these -'Warhulks' set the standard because if they had a belly they would be perfect. Heck they might just be the best Ogor minis yet and theyre not even for the Faction!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I swear to Behemat all Ogor releases need to match this scale. That is the most lore accurate Ogor height we have yet seen in mini form.

Far taller than a man but much shorter than a Gargant. I really hope these -'Warhulks' set the standard because if they had a belly they would be perfect. Heck they might just be the best Ogor minis yet and theyre not even for the Faction!!

The ogor scale is great, but I still cant get over the human sized crow's nest on their backs. It would take a quadruped the size of an elephant to move comfortably with that, and the leverage of having it up on a pole is even worse.  I can imagine the horrid grinding sounds that Ogor's knees are making as it tries to walk under that load. :)

Are these ogors the same scale as the Hero Ogor from cursed City? I think he may be a bit smaller than these guys. I really like that sculpt, he appears regularly in my D&D campaign as a half-ogre mercenary. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

The ogor scale is great, but I still cant get over the human sized crow's nest on their backs. It would take a quadruped the size of an elephant to move comfortably with that, and the leverage of having it up on a pole is even worse.  I can imagine the horrid grinding sounds that Ogor's knees are making as it tries to walk under that load. :)

Are these ogors the same scale as the Hero Ogor from cursed City? I think he may be a bit smaller than these guys. I really like that sculpt, he appears regularly in my D&D campaign as a half-ogre mercenary. 

Theyre definitely bigger.

35 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I can carry a kid and some toys on a backpack easily enough, that's about the scale difference, so doesn't seem too bad.

But yeah, the pole would make this tough to balance, even if the weight sits low down the back.