The Rumour Thread

Just now, CDM said:

Very disappointed we've only had one incarnate so far. Was hoping for a box of three it four a bit like the malign sorcery set that was so popular and grounded the edition so well

Very intriguing rumour engine today!

Did they cancel the spider? That's a very old rumour engine that still hasn't been revealed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is the second rumour engine with moss and the other one was terrain... so...

EDIT: It is very common that a lot of pics are related

I don't think that's moss, I think its shedding the velvet of its antlers.
My guess is Kurnothi. But could also be BoC or Ogors.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Kurnothi seems like the obvious way to go on this one, but Nurgle could be a possibility, too. Nurgle models have a surprising amount of antlers on them, and this is suitably slimy.

Nurgle antlers look a bit more like moose antlers. And they usually have traces of decay on them.

01-01.jpg

This rumour engine does not show any traces of decay, and it looks more like stag antlers. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cataphract said:

It’s either Kurnothi or something Daughters of Khaine as the horns could be something similar to the crown of Morathi or the masks the Melusai have

I don't think it's likely to be DoK just cos this looks a lot more like natural material than their metal crowns, though you're right that the general shape is quite similar.  Though I suppose that doesn't rule out some sort of antlered snake monster that they've designed their crowns to resemble, but that would be quite a swerve!

2 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I don't think it's likely to be DoK just cos this looks a lot more like natural material than their metal crowns, though you're right that the general shape is quite similar.  Though I suppose that doesn't rule out some sort of antlered snake monster that they've designed their crowns to resemble, but that would be quite a swerve!

You're right. DoK crowns is always metal ornamentation, it does not feature orgonic material like here.

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Quite a good interview about coming up with the lore for the new Cities of Sigmar.

Talia reminds me a lot of Sharpe.

Most of us have already seen most of the art from the leaks, but nice to see it in HD.

lNMdRc6E146iLHiA.jpg

TL:DR again.

• Living in the Realms is really not good, Cities are islands of fragile civilization/Order
  • High level of technology is mentioned again
  • Units/rules were designed to be city-agnostic, but also allow city specific armies (lot of wizards for Hallowheart/Settler's Gain, Cannons and Fusiliers for Greywater, Wildercorps for Ghyran/Ghur etc.)
  • The cities are built around war, equipment is often handed down generation to generation
  • The picture above is supposed to represent how a victory looks like when a new settlement is founded
  • Tahlia Vedra's reform caused the big change in Freeguild aesthetic, although the Castelite formation is still not perfect for every realm/scenario, and the focus is on large groups of people coming together to win rather than individuals
  • Gargoylians bring a bit of AoS wackiness into the otherwise low(er) fantasy range from medieval marginalia, and they are supposed to be a mix of cute and (mostly) weird/gross
  • Gargoylians are (at least in part) Incarnates of faith like the Ghur Incarnate is of the realm
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

While the new rumour engine has a good chance of being something for the kurnothi, I did just have a random thought that it could something wendigo-esque for FEC, with a design being similar to that of the popular pop culture design for wendigos with deer-like antlers and skull.

A creature based on a wendigo would at least match with the cannibalistic nature of FEC, not sure how it would work with the delusion aspect though. It's most likely not going to be that but it's a fun idea/thought at least.

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Baz said:

I'm seeing Antlers. 

Yes! Kurnoth or maybe a kurnothi character like a great stag centaur/kurnothi minotaur ...Could be flesh from its transformation/renewal hanging from it or lichen.. looks more flesh-y to me. Makes me think a little of the Eldar Avatar with the remains for the young king on his bloody hand. Would be a suitably dark element to Kurnoths return ..

All this Kurnothi chat and then this appears... maybe they are listening...I was running out of reacts with all this chat!

Edited by silverstu
  • LOVE IT! 1

Don't forget the misconception that kurnothi are centaur or fauns like. Kurnothi is everyone that worships Kurnoth. For example the Kurnoth Hunters. I hope when we get those new 'kurnothi' ppl is not too disappointed if they don't look like they expect.

Even whitefang dropped us the reminder, and I think that the reason was to cut off future dissapointment: 

• Like 7

Sitting on the idea of what it could be for a while, I’m thinking it could be some sort of Wendigo type creature for Flesh Eater courts. Maybe either riding something pretending to be a glorious stag, or something pretending to be a a noble stag .

IMG_3835.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CDM said:

Very disappointed we've only had one incarnate so far. Was hoping for a box of three it four a bit like the malign sorcery set that was so popular and grounded the edition so well

Very intriguing rumour engine today!

GW obviously designed an Incarnate of Fire, realised it would fit Fyreslayers too well and decided they couldn't risk adding more visual diversity to the army.

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Sitting on the idea of what it could be for a while, I’m thinking it could be some sort of Wendigo type creature for Flesh Eater courts. Maybe either riding something pretending to be a glorious stag, or something pretending to be a a noble stag .

IMG_3835.jpeg

Some kind of visual play on an antlered knight helmet like we sometimes see in Bretonnian miniatures would also be pretty fun for FEC.

Bretonnian-Paladin-Warhammer-The-Old-Wor

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 2