The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Also, now that we've had everything revealed...

What are we thinking in terms of Army Set release dates?
Imho I'd say anything from mid August (2-3 weeks from now) to mid September is likely, although I don't know if Epic getting delayed effects this in any way (bringing it forward or pushing it back). Might they just want this out of the way before we go back to tiny Space Marine and regular Space Marine release madness? Or keep it until early September like they presumably planned?

I would be surprised too see a release in september, which I think is too late. I think there is a good chance of preorder announcement this sunday even.

GW want the hype machine free from AoS and running in good order for the dual 40k Mahreen/Tyranid release, which will be massive.

Edited by Yokai

New model all look great, telling myself that it doesn't count as starting a new army too since they can be used in conjunction with my Stormcast.

Random question inspired by this, does anyone know what happened to the Warriors of the Freeguild Omnibus? I remember it being announced and can find pictures of the cover, but no mention of it on the GW site anymore.

Just now, neaden said:

New model all look great, telling myself that it doesn't count as starting a new army too since they can be used in conjunction with my Stormcast.

Totally. My reasoning is that I need to start CoS so I don't have to feel bad about all my unfinished Lumineth, Sylvaneth and Kharadron stuff lying about. They can join too! 😅

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

What are we thinking in terms of Army Set release dates?

Valrak said, in his last video, that leaks were scheduled to be revealed at Nova Open, for a september release. Someone here also said a day or two ago that a retailer had also told him about the same month (for army set I think).

I think at least army set in the first half of September is a perfectly reasonable prediction. Unless the logistical mess with new warehouses gets in the way.

The new CoS kits have grown on me somewhat since the initial reveal, probably not enough to do a full army since I'm not a massive fan of the steelhelms (a different paintjob or head swap might warm me up to them more) or the large amount of extra detail most of the army has but I might have to get the command corp or mounted marshal to paint up one day.

For now though most of my hype is focused on the destruction goodness we'll hopefully be getting with Dawnbringers part 2 and the new Flesheaters release/refresh, which we'll hopefully get some more reveals/teases for at Nova.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Still-young said:

Nova will probably be pretty sparse now then, at least for AoS. That’s my biggest issue with leaks like this, it generally affects a preview down the line. 

GW can adapt like the rest of us do: make previews about the Rules, the Alt Builds, and even the Lore. SELL ME on the models, not just a short 360 teaser and some posed shots.

• Confused 1

I mean Nova's at the end of the month and pre-orders were going to be well before that, so if GW really intended to build a preview around minis that a lot of people would already have seen in their battletomes a week or two before, then I can't say I'm too sympathetic.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Now that I've had a bit of a think about it, this release (even though I love it and think it's the best range refresh we've had ever) really feels like it has a case of first wave syndrome, with it missing a generic big centerpiece and the amount of old non-human/human kits left.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a wave 2 either with a later Dawnbringer book ala Lumineth, or for their 4th Edition Battletome. However, I'm fully satisfied if this (and maybe some Underworlds/more Warcry later) is all we'll get for the time being.

I hope so bad you're correct. As you said there are signs that this could be a first wave. We'll just have to wait and see for that, or get rumours. But I hope this is true. I don't think the current Dark Elves/Flagellants are going to be there forever, and there's still lots to expand upon.

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

I mean Nova's at the end of the month and pre-orders were going to be well before that, so if GW really intended to build a preview around minis that a lot of people would already have seen in their battletomes a week or two before, then I can't say I'm too sympathetic.

Maybe we'll get some Warcry and Dawnbringers 2 minis at NOVA to compensate for CoS.

I really hope for head options for many miniatures, especially Zenestra. At first I felt relieved when I saw the skeleton as an option but then realized it's just the back of this miniature.

As CoS ornaments and overall design is satisfying and reaching AoS standards, the heads however... I would prefer to just hide them under helmets.

I'm most impressed with the Marshalls. All of them different, all cool.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Maybe we'll get some Warcry and Dawnbringers 2 minis at NOVA to compensate for CoS.

Just remember, they'll quite happily just shorten the preview and replace the CoS previews with a single Dawnbringer model. This likely might not mean more reveals sooner, probably just more waffle in the reveals themselves.

9 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

We've no clear idea when CoS were meant to release in Autumn. It could be just as likely the box set was meant for release in early September alongside Dawnbringers 2.

16 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Just remember, they'll quite happily just shorten the preview and replace the CoS previews with a single Dawnbringer model. This likely might not mean more reveals sooner, probably just more waffle in the reveals themselves.

We've no clear idea when CoS were meant to release in Autumn. It could be just as likely the box set was meant for release in early September alongside Dawnbringers 2.

They probably were following the Leagues of Votann schedule which was the same with Boxset in September and full release in october. 

I guess they can get a head start with Fleasheater court and just do away with the Christmas preview

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Now that I've had a bit of a think about it, this release (even though I love it and think it's the best range refresh we've had ever) really feels like it has a case of first wave syndrome, with it missing a generic big centerpiece and the amount of old non-human/human kits left.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a wave 2 either with a later Dawnbringer book ala Lumineth, or for their 4th Edition Battletome. However, I'm fully satisfied if this (and maybe some Underworlds/more Warcry later) is all we'll get for the time being.

Wouldn't you say Tahlia is the big centerpiece?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

Valrak said, in his last video, that leaks were scheduled to be revealed at Nova Open, for a september release. Someone here also said a day or two ago that a retailer had also told him about the same month (for army set I think).

I think at least army set in the first half of September is a perfectly reasonable prediction. Unless the logistical mess with new warehouses gets in the way.

Yup. The retailer told me early Sept. If he says something about a delay, I will post it ;)

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Btw. those of you who managed to take a look at the new leaked warscrolls, should I build a hurricanum or luminark? :D I am in the process of building the kit right now.

They haven't functionally changed that much. Extra wound, no more damage track, some removal/re-wording of abilities but they still do the same things. Hurricanum gives +1 to hit and mortal wound output, Luminark gives a 6+ ward and mortal wound output, as before. Major change is that their buffs work on human units only.