The Rumour Thread

I’d love the next Destruction warband to be knight grots but that “these tracks are worrying” does smack of bigger monsters.

With all the troggs Harbringer talks about it could wind up a troggherd force that can later accompany the big Realmgate one. Either the mossy troggs or ones that cover themselves in plants & rubble to camouflage as ruins would work well and give a twist on them(ambush troggs).

Otherwise I could see another big monster that corresponds to the monster list like the Thornspine Leonax or Garnok(would match up with the Freeguild Manticore as a formerly known chaos creature cleansed of corruption since it resembles the jabberslythe)

unknown.png

And of course Ogors are always a good bet. Easy reuse of city assets and they already set up the Gutbusters seeing the hungry meat forests as “holy” and will feed the gaping mouths on the trees and root floors.

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Sir Grimm said:

So what do you guys expect from the new TOW army lines?

As I main Bretonnia I'll share my thoughts:

Returning models:

- Men'at'Arms (plastic);

- Bowmen (plastic);

- Knights Errant / Knights of the Realm (plastic);

- Battle Pilgrims (resin or metal);

- Reliquary (resin or metal);

- Mounted Yeomen (resin or metal);

- Trebuchet (resin or metal);

Updated models for the initial wave of TOW:

- Paladin Battle Standard Bearer (resin);

- Paladin on Foot (resin);

- Damsel on Foot (resin);

- Damsel on Warhorse (resin);

- The Fey Enchantress (resin) (possibly dual box with Mounted Damsel);

- The Green Knight (resin);

- Louen the Orcslayer (plastic or resin);

- Questing Knights / Grail Knights (plastic) (dual box);

- Knights on Foot (plastic) (hinted);

Hope to be getting even more than this, but I think these models would/should get an update in order to bring Bretonnia to the 8ed WHFB model quality standard that GW are obviously aiming for.

I think that pilgrims & reliquae are due for an update, as they've been ominously missing from the photos so far IIRC

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KingKull said:

I think that pilgrims & reliquae are due for an update, as they've been ominously missing from the photos so far IIRC

I hope we get a new Grail Reliquae. I am not even a Bretonnia enjoyer, but I'd buy that in a heartbeat. The original is just such a clever and creative model. Might even work with the new Cities of Sigmar, given all the various body parts they tend to parade around.

• Like 3

On 7/21/2023 at 3:51 PM, EntMan said:

But under current (and confirmed upcoming) conditions this would mean denying e.g. TOW Dwarves Hammerers/Longbeards and Irondrakes/Ironbreakers which doesn't make sense.

They could Go for the Metal Variants. E.g. a Lot dwarf Players also prefer the Metal Longboards. Could also bei that irondrakes are consindered new tech, who wont Make It to Tow

2 hours ago, KingKull said:

I agree that it would be best if they updated all of the finecast models, but given how much they need to update some of the old line I would presume some will be left behind for a second wave (like the Trebuchet seems to be).

11 hours ago, MacWarhammer said:

Do you guys think they’ll also bring back old terrain kits for TOW? I liked the empire building kits much better than any of the AOS terrain. I’m looking for years now to get a reasonably priced manor kit with no luck. Or the chapel or the watchtower…

Would be great to have them back. I just finished painting the manor kit and it has a lot of great, flavourful bits.

However, I feel like GW is not going to put these kits back into production. Their terrain generally seems to have a much shorter shelf life than their miniatures. You can't even buy the Thondian Strongpoint anymore right now, and that set is from this edition.

In general, I am feeling a bit apprehensive right now about GW's Old World marketing. It seems to me that they are showing entirely too many old models for them to realistically make them all available again. I can already see people online hyping themselves up like it's a sure thing that all kinds of old metal models will be returning. It feels like the community is setting themselves up for disappointment once again, even though we just went through the same thing when people were expecting new plastic models.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I hope we get a new Grail Reliquae. I am not even a Bretonnia enjoyer, but I'd buy that in a heartbeat. The original is just such a clever and creative model. Might even work with the new Cities of Sigmar, given all the various body parts they tend to parade around.

The overall style of the new CoS has this wonderful overlap between Mordheim grimdark and Empire/Brettonia. For the lack of a better term I'd call it Blanchesque. Other than use for their intended factions my mind is spinning off to FEC/SBGL or chaos kitbashes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

wonderful overlap between Mordheim grimdark and Empire/Brettonia. For the lack of a better term I'd call it Blanchesque.

Absolutely. And Gallagheresque, too. 

His old Empire & Bretonnia sketches next to the whole lot he did for Warhammer Quest : Shadow Over Hammerhal is 100% CoS-inspiring : 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/73394668911000115/

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 hours ago, CDM said:

I thought this would a given In this addition. A bestial Warcry box similar to the furies/raptorex and 'beastmasters' box similar to the malign sorcery endless spells, complete with  beasts based on the different realms. We then got the incarnate which I thought would be First of several but .....

Oh man, yeah, a box of the new wildercorps trackers and kruleboyz beastcatchers competing to kill or catch a set of monsters would be awesome and make perfect thematic sense !

25 minutes ago, Chikout said:

No idea what this is but that statue looks pretty AoSy. 7E7D8338-254B-4EE8-839E-CA2E6AA261C1.jpeg.e2bad7ffe3ac494ef5dfddcc1aab6fef.jpeg

Looks like a FeC foot standing on an order statue next to some molten candles. Ushoran seems like a good guess, but I'm personally hoping FeC get more than just Ushoran.

The release timeline has the next army book after cities (which I'm assuming is FEC for now) as a winter release, I think.  But they normally count winter as December through February, and they don't tend to do big releases through December.

So my guess would be that the main FEC release will be early next year, but we might see, like, an army box in early December, like S2D.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The release timeline has the next army book after cities (which I'm assuming is FEC for now) as a winter release, I think.  But they normally count winter as December through February, and they don't tend to do big releases through December.

So my guess would be that the main FEC release will be early next year, but we might see, like, an army box in early December, like S2D.

That’s exactly what I’m expecting. The big question is what comes between that and Skaven.