The Rumour Thread

Love the kit. They remind me a bit of the empire huntsmen or Bertrand the Brigand’s unit. It’s great to see a lighter armoured version of the base unit. With the probable arrival of the elite infantry, that’s infantry pretty well covered. 
The only worry for those that are counting is that this could be as many as three warscrolls. That’s what happened to the chameleon skinks which have a similar mix of short ranged and long ranged weapons plus supporting animals.

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

One of the dogs also has a little buddy:

image.png.dafcb489a71471a3a961bfc5eb23eb9a.png

Alternate angle of Heady Lamarr:

image.png.f952b51b40f381c1518ecd4cd6a8a1c0.png

Also, this guy seems to be missing from the group shot:

image.png.e0949aef60b58bef3c3e8075bb94f4eb.png

Is that last guy a Cities elf? I can’t quite tell (but I could believe it).

In a world of unconstrained fantasy, I almost never go for a straight-up human faction, but I’m really, really digging these Cities previews. Sooo many different ideas and directions you could take them … 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Is that last guy a Cities elf? I can’t quite tell (but I could believe it).

In a world of unconstrained fantasy, I almost never go for a straight-up human faction, but I’m really, really digging these Cities previews. Sooo many different ideas and directions you could take them … 

Ear's pretty sharp...

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Loving this. Advertised as both an AoS and Warcry kit. Hope GW changed their mind on the use for these warbands in AoS and give them all some proper rules. Not these gimmicky overcosted units.

At least some are usable now. Hunters of huanchi for example. Warhammer underworlds is not usable at all.. Because of bad rules. Technically they are but bad.. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Loving this. Advertised as both an AoS and Warcry kit. Hope GW changed their mind on the use for these warbands in AoS and give them all some proper rules. Not these gimmicky overcosted units.

That's Underworlds. Most of the Warcry warbands are fine or very good

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Huanchi said:

At least some are usable now. Hunters of huanchi for example. Warhammer underworlds is not usable at all.. Because of bad rules. Technically they are but bad.. 

Not really, some of them were really good like recent gloomspite warband from Gnarlwood they even got point increase in  AoS updates

• Like 1

Just now, Aleser said:

Not really, some of them were really good like recent gloomspite warband from Gnarlwood they even got point increase in  AoS updates

Yeah, some Underworlds warbands are OK. The Beasts of Chaos one was good for a while (not sure about currently). The OBR one is still good.

Most of them are bad because, in general, a unit of ~5 footsloggers with unfocused weapon profiles and a random hero has no gameplay purpose. A lot of them are also too expensive.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wonder if they will have an option for either a ranged or melee loadout. Or maybe you get to mix and match.

Warcry warbands usually have a fair bit of weapon customization options. Their AoS rules usually streamline things more, but there are some warbands that allow you to have (up to this many guys) equipped with either melee or ranged weapons. The Chameleons actually have split melee/ranged unit profiles, but they're the only Warcry warband that currently works that way.

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, some Underworlds warbands are OK. The Beasts of Chaos one was good for a while (not sure about currently). The OBR one is still good.

Most of them are bad because, in general, a unit of ~5 footsloggers with unfocused weapon profiles and a random hero has no gameplay purpose. A lot of them are also too expensive.

Yeah I would like that they are more consitent with them, some are broken and some unusable. I think they need find mid spot for them because most of them are out of production.

Edited by Aleser

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's mostly just the point costs, tbh. In some cases they're bad because the hero is a worse version of a generic hero, or they don't have a hero at all, but mostly it's just that the extra tagalongs are way overcosted for what are basically just a really bad bodyguard unit.

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wonder if they will have an option for either a ranged or melee loadout. Or maybe you get to mix and match.

Now i see the alternate builds these are an instant buy for me. 2 boxes to go with my cursed city home brew and also they'll look great next to the witch hunters I've got.

I was actually expecting a witch hunter warband but this is a great set. I feel like one more of the order Warcry releases will be cities as well ..hopefully the mixed race unit that we all want!! 

• Like 3

More recent Warcry warbands do seem to have much more of a place in the AoS range than the older StD ones.

The Rotmire Creed seem fairly well regarded by Maggotkin players, as do Hunter of Huanchi for lizards. The Askurgan vampires, the Khorne hunters and the Jade Obelisk for Tzeentch maybe less so but they don’t seem to be unplayable, certainly not to the “just take marauders” level of the early warbands.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

Just now, sandlemad said:

More recent Warcry warbands do seem to have much more of a place in the AoS range than the older StD ones.

The Rotmire Creed seem fairly well regarded by Maggotkin players, as do Hunter of Huanchi for lizards. The Askurgan vampires, the Khorne hunters and the Jade Obelisk for Tzeentch maybe less so but they’re not unplayable but they don’t seem to be unplayable, certainly not to the “just take marauders” level of the early warbands.

Jade Obelisk are bad because they aren't horrors.
Their abilities want them to be a kind of durable chaff/anvil, but they'd need to be like 30-40 points cheaper to get somewhere you might take them over horrors.

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

Obviously 40k related but the Space Marine range is getting a bunch of units retired which is a shame but I guess removes the bloat that army has a little. Figured I'd share it just in case anyone has been waiting to pick that extra Assault Squad etc

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/24/space-marine-range-update-bikes-land-speeders-and-more-are-soon-zooming-off-into-the-sunset/

There will probably reveal updated bikes, land speeders and assault marines soon ;)

I love the hero of this unit with the axe and the dog. It reminds me of a more grounded version of the khorne hero from the first AoS Starter. It's also cool to see another ranged warcry band, since ranged is so bad in the current edition. Hopefully this band can actually kill things unlike the Hunters of Huanchi

01-01.jpg

• Like 2