The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Ferban said:

I watched the MetaWatch video and they talk about Fight on Death changes.  But I'm not seeing it in the Battlescroll that I downloaded from Warhammer Community.  Am I missing it?  

its in the core rules errata.

Its a little complex but basically:
1. A unit can only fight on death once per phase per unit chosen to attack.
2. All models that fight on death pile in and fight at the same time.

What this means for the first part:
If two units of vulkites are going at it:
Unit 1 fights, and kills a few models.
All of the models that died in unit 2 pile in and fight together killing a few models.
All of the models that died in unit 1 pile in and fight together killing a few models.
Those models that died in unit 2 can't fight on death because they already fought on death when attacked by unit 1.

The next time a unit is chosen to attack it "resets" so for instance when unit 2 gets to fight they can repeat the process again.

Its mostly cleaning up and expediting the process, and preventing long exchanges of single models fighting on death back and forth.

What it means for the second part:
Be careful about which models die so they can pile into combat range when they fight, and don't get blocked off by the other slain models piling in.

While I don’t expect Bonesplitterz to leave AoS, along with Spiderfang I doubt Gw will do anything with them in the near future, they seem too niche or just side subfaction armies that get overshadow by the armies that they are currently in right now (Moonclan Grots, Kruleboyz and Ironjawz) underworld warband release aside.

rather a painful existence in AoS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

u meant RIP kroak lists? and was the only playable list, still far worst than the 5-6 last broken books. and it has been totally deleted. list went up by 100+ points, only on kroak, guards and skinks that would have been enough hit,but deleting the troglodon ability totally destroyed the list,,now kroak castle( kroak+astrolyth+5-10guards) must be at 18" of 3 enemy units to start doing something.

The icy breath of Andtor is upon us, so man, just…

image.gif.829a652d411288f8e2b70ab7236ba550.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

its in the core rules errata.

Its a little complex but basically:
1. A unit can only fight on death once per phase per unit chosen to attack.
2. All models that fight on death pile in and fight at the same time.

What this means for the first part:
If two units of vulkites are going at it:
Unit 1 fights, and kills a few models.
All of the models that died in unit 2 pile in and fight together killing a few models.
All of the models that died in unit 1 pile in and fight together killing a few models.
Those models that died in unit 2 can't fight on death because they already fought on death when attacked by unit 1.

The next time a unit is chosen to attack it "resets" so for instance when unit 2 gets to fight they can repeat the process again.

Its mostly cleaning up and expediting the process, and preventing long exchanges of single models fighting on death back and forth.

What it means for the second part:
Be careful about which models die so they can pile into combat range when they fight, and don't get blocked off by the other slain models piling in.

Thanks so much for replying!  But on the Battlescroll, the only errata I see is for 1.3.3 (Unit Coherency), 7.2 (Rally), 10.1.2 (Look Out Sir!), and 27.5.2 (Arcane Tome). After that, it goes into the Grand Alliance Updates and then the points. 

I feel like an idiot that I'm not getting it.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

7 minutes ago, Ferban said:

Thanks so much for replying!  But on the Battlescroll, the only errata I see is for 1.3.3 (Unit Coherency), 7.2 (Rally), 10.1.2 (Look Out Sir!), and 27.5.2 (Arcane Tome). After that, it goes into the Grand Alliance Updates and then the points. 

I feel like an idiot that I'm not getting it.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

yes, its not in the battlescroll, only directly in the core rules errata Here. (I had to change the language to "English" from US english).
There were a handful of changes that didn't make it into the battlescroll, like skragrotts spell being changed to check the unmodified casting roll (which is in the Gitz errata)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yes. I don't care how old or neglected your army is, if you had your own battletome, and even still now your own allegiance abilities, you're still golden and you're going nowhere. 

Wanderers were some of the last kits to be released for WFB, just right before End Times. Which means they likely come from the same R&D cycle that produced the 1st ed Stormcasts and Khorne worshippers. The Treeman was in there too. They're definitely not old kits, and even if I think they have more place in Sylvaneth than Cities, I don't see them being discontinued. 

Eternal Guard are also all over the new Hammerhal Ghyra artwork, which bodes well for them. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Give me big luxurious coffee table art/lore books of the realms, please. 

Just putting it out there into the Universe. :) 

Yes this would be a dream come true. 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Eternal Guard are also all over the new Hammerhal Ghyra artwork, which bodes well for them. 

If wanderers go but darling coven stay, I will use eternal guard instead of dread spears, wildwood rangers instead of executioners and wild riders instead of drakespawn knights. The rules are already almost exactly the same and if wanderers aren't in the game any more there isn't really much chance of  the other player getting confused about what they are facing. 

I really wish gw would just tell us all what is going and what is staying. Keeping new models secret is understandable but there is absolutely no reason to hide what is staying. Most people like me probably aren't buying anything for cities while we wait for news. I'm sure sales of a lot of products would increase if we knew we could safely buy them. 

• Like 7

They probably don’t want those model to have high demand raise on them either way since majority of the old cities  model are webstore only and probably in low priority production queue. Retail wise they really just going to push out the new freeguild stuff out hard as it will have dedicated retail space in their stores

in extreme case they end up in range rotation like the underworld warbands 

Edited by novakai

I'm disappointed we've seen neither hide nor hair of any new ogres. There were so many rumors of some kind of Warcry warband and/or mercenary Cities ogres.

Especially now, in the time of wizards, we STILL have to deal with these 20 year old atrocious resin Butchers.

• Like 1

The app is updated with the new points etc.

I seems to have some more room in most lists for a unit or endless spell. Troggoths got really nerfed though, i wonder if it has something to do with new models or the coherency rules. They seemed to be in a good spot.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Azamar said:

but who on earth though it was a good idea to drop points on most lumineth units

of course we'll see how it works in practice, but these make sense if you consider them in context: sentinels are heavily impacted by the new Look Out Sir, the most "competitive" subfaction (Helon) was directly nerfed, and Teclis is actually a loser in the Primal Dice game (casting on a flat 10 is not so great when the opponent can unbind on 3D6). So most of the army list you ever saw in tournaments for LRL this season are made worse by the new rules, which kind of explains the points drop.

8 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Some of us are old enough to remember how excited people were about the big city walls cannons artwork in the original CoS book ;)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

of course we'll see how it works in practice, but these make sense if you consider them in context: sentinels are heavily impacted by the new Look Out Sir, the most "competitive" subfaction (Helon) was directly nerfed, and Teclis is actually a loser in the Primal Dice game (casting on a flat 10 is not so great when the opponent can unbind on 3D6). So most of the army list you ever saw in tournaments for LRL this season are made worse by the new rules, which kind of explains the points drop.

I still think that KOs recieved a bigger hit with this GHB, and I'm fine with some point hikes (btw, still waiting for cheaper Gunhaulers and Skywardens).

17 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

The Sylvaneth caster changes are kinda annoying but I get it. Do Primal dice count as a modifier or not?

Primal dice do count as a modifier, which is what these changes seem to be trying to exclude. The Warsong's bonus no longer boosting his spell properly is just collateral damage unfortunately.

• Like 1

The "are Bonesplitters gonna dissapear" discussion really reminds me of another one from 1st and early 2nd ed... Back then, a lot of people (including myself) were concerned that Slaanesh was going to dissapear from AoS, because he/she/it/them had been captured by the aelven gods, had no new miniatures in AoS, no battletome and all the Slaanesh rules were 2 pages in the GHB. There was a lot of talks that Slaanesh was too "hardcore" and "adult" for GW's vision for AoS and that it was gonna be cut sooner or later. Cut to a few years later... Slaanesh is the 2nd chaos god in terms of references on sale. 

So yeah I am not worried about Bonesplitters.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The "are Bonesplitters gonna dissapear" discussion really reminds me of another one from 1st and early 2nd ed... Back then, a lot of people (including myself) were concerned that Slaanesh was going to dissapear from AoS, because he/she/it/them had been captured by the aelven gods, had no new miniatures in AoS, no battletome and all the Slaanesh rules were 2 pages in the GHB. There was a lot of talks that Slaanesh was too "hardcore" and "adult" for GW's vision for AoS and that it was gonna be cut sooner or later. Cut to a few years later... Slaanesh is the 2nd chaos god in terms of references on sale. 

So yeah I am not worried about Bonesplitters.

This kind of thing is hard to predict. Gitmob vanished overnight even though they had a Start Collecting box. But Bonesplitters have been pretty present in the lore and they have an Underworlds warband, so personally I think speculations that they are in danger of being squatted are pretty baseless.

• Like 1

I think when it comes to Bonesplitters the situation is a bit different. With the approaching release of ToW, the Bonesplitters are basically all OW models. It's not the case that Bonesplitters will be retconned out of the setting, but rather the New Orruk Battletome tightens its focus to Kruelboys and Ironjaws. Allowing the Savage Orks to return (along with some other older Savage Ork kits) to ToW. People could still use the kits if they wanted to represent Orks (I can't see anybody taking exception to saying these 10 SO are Boys for example) 

They could just retain the Bonesplitters in the New Orruk Battletome, (Because why not, they are already there) but it seems like GW is going to try and differentiate the AoS and ToW ranges. It's not even that people have a dislike for them or want them removed, it just makes sense in terms of how GW might organise the ranges. 

I personally would really like to see the Bonesplitters out into the Studio for a repaint and rebase and presented alongside the Orcs and Goblins for ToW. It would free up a lot of creative space within the Orruk faction to explore new avenues for kits under the KB and IJ aesthetic. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2