The Rumour Thread

It is a little disappointing how similar the Kruleboy WB band is to the FEC one, but I think that's more so because the FEC one felt less exciting than the average Warcry band (aside from being new FEC models which is always cool). It's one big guy with a spear, two monkeys and a bunch of normal units wearing skull helmets. I do like how they feel like an AoS version of the Beast Snaggas from 40k.

I do just hope that Warcry continues to be the release line with the weird kits, like how Kill Team often has one completely new team and another half updated one. Which hopefully means that the Fyreslayers band that was teased is extra unique, especially since Fyreslayers desperately need more different kinds of models

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Makes me kind of nervous actually. They don't usually share these big centerpiece models across factions so I'm more than a little worried we'll be seeing the chaos manticore sailing off to legends in the next book. Maybe they take the opportunity to give slaves a new big centerpiece mount kit like a chaos dragon. Beautiful model though, if I'm wrong and they resculpt the chaos one I'm sure it'll look amazing. 

Yeah this is a thing thats happening. Sigmar getting dragons, CoS getting Ogors and now a Manticore(new Gryphon would have better imho), Chaos getting Spiders. Waiting for Destruction to get humies.

• Like 5

Now the dust has settled, I'm really not sure what to make of the Cities of Sigmar release as a whole.

I love everything that has been shown... except the Steelheads, who I absolutely hate and the full reveal has only reinforced that. The soup helmets, the weird uncanny valley faces, the seemingly very limited/recycled poses. If they weren't meant to be the 'core' of the army, I could dismiss them but they're clearly meant to be the mainstay of the new army.

Everything else? The Marshal, Cavaliers, the Mage, the Ogre, 10/10. But damn do the Steelheads manage to pull it down.

I guess we'll see how the Duardin stuff can still makeup the Battleline before wash myself of any potential hype. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I have some little tidbits I feel like sharing about the preview :

First of all, looking at the Steelhelms, first of all they went with a copyrightable name (obviously...), but I like it. Sets them apart from other wargames. And I love how varied and poseable the kit looks to be. There's a lot of characterful faces - there's some chubby little dudes, some women, and that angry zealot with a stick. Not a fan of the bare heads - why do you name yourself "steelhelm" if you have no helm - but that's ok because some modellers like that. 

We didn't see a lot of the rumoured stuff (Darkoaths, more Destruction...) to be fair I can understand that, one hour isn't much and we had to share the spotlight with Epic 2.0; so I'm not mad about it.

The first Destro Warcry band is a hit for me - they absolutely don't overule Bonesplitterz imo because they're more poachers than hunters imo. Since their lore says they capture monsters as much as they kill. And Kruleboyz needed some new units, so it's a win situation for them.

Ah and also to me the Skaven Underworlds band likely heralds a Skaven range refresh. Eddie and Alex talking at length during the stream "this is the first Pestilens minis in over a decade" and "the round bases allowed our sculptors to go deeper with the robes and fumes and little details" really intrigued me. It's strange they said that specifically. 

• Like 3

why this city box bring one small heroe(25€) and one small heroe with companion(30/35€) in place of a big miniature as was the slan or the demon prince of 90€?

these small heroes should have been replaced for the quimera in the box to have same content than previous caos and seraphons boxes

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Apparently there 54 warscroll compare to the current 62 so something did get cut depending on how new units factors in to that number

If you took out all of the Phoenix temple and wanderers stuff (plus shadow warriors who share a kit with the sisters of the watch) that’s 13 fewer warscrolls. So might tie in with that rumour with new units added (and some equivalent swaps for the Freeguild stuff)

2 hours ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

eKFT5EHy1J8Y96To.jpg

Honestly I am let down by these..  and I'm a huge Kruleboyz fan! HUGE!

Initial reaction is just an orruk version of the FEC band and seems to be stepping on Bonesplittez design toes. 

Bye splitters.... ✌️

It's not bad just not what iI was hoping for. 

🤞 for maybe some more with the Harbingers Destro book. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doko said:

why this city box bring one small heroe(25€) and one small heroe with companion(30/35€) in place of a big miniature as was the slan or the demon prince of 90€?

these small heroes should have been replaced for the quimera in the box to have same content than previous caos and seraphons boxes

The cities launch box has 28 minis compared to 21 in the Seraphon box and just 14 in the slaves to Darkness box. The cities box actually feels like the start of an army. You've got a heroa mage, two battleline units and a cavalry unit. That's a pretty solid core to an army. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The cities launch box has 28 minis compared to 21 in the Seraphon box and just 14 in the slaves to Darkness box. The cities box actually feels like the start of an army. You've got a heroa mage, two battleline units and a cavalry unit. That's a pretty solid core to an army. 

yes but im saying money wise,gonna cost the same than the other boxes but with 25/30€ less in content.

the basic dudes gonna be around 45/50€ and the cavalry 50/55 so is more or less the same than the cavalry x2 and infantry x1 of seraphons or even less money 

1 minute ago, Doko said:

yes but im saying money wise,gonna cost the same than the other boxes but with 25/30€ less in content.

the basic dudes gonna be around 45/50€ and the cavalry 50/55 so is more or less the same than the cavalry x2 and infantry x1 of seraphons or even less money 

It's three unit boxes and two small heroes instead of one medium one, that puts it at average. The Chimera is going to be a very expensive and huge Centerpiece kit, it's not at all comparable to the Daemon Prince or Slaan.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Azamar said:

If you took out all of the Phoenix temple and wanderers stuff (plus shadow warriors who share a kit with the sisters of the watch) that’s 13 fewer warscrolls. So might tie in with that rumour with new units added (and some equivalent swaps for the Freeguild stuff)

Removing Wanderers, Ironweld and the Freeguild stuff (including Griffon, Demigryphs, Flagellants etc.) (and leaving the Steam Tank, Daelves, Collegiate and Dispossessed based on Whitefang rumours), we lose 27 warscrolls (leaving 35).

I'm really interested to see if we are losing way less stuff than predicted, or if this is gonna be a way bigger release than I expected (14-16 with dual builds instead of 9-11 kits).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Initial reaction is just an orruk version of the FEC band and seems to be stepping on Bonesplittez design toes. 

Bye splitters.... ✌️

I dont see why these would replace Bonesplitterz. I think these are very Kruleboyz looking and a very good looking warband. Kruleboyz are just not for me.

This warband looks more like poachers than the monster hunting bone gathering shamanistic/voodoo Bonesplitterz. 

I am also a bit tired of all my beloved Destruction units getting subfactions getting the ignored or removed (Spiderfang/Bonesplitterz/Gitmob). 

I would like to talk more about this in a different topic.

Edit:

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, madmac said:

It's three unit boxes and two small heroes instead of one medium one, that puts it at average.

as is average?

slan and demon prince are 90€ where these two small heroes are around 60/65€ 

that is a 50% less money and the box gonna cost the same for sure, so if seraphon and caos boxes had 35% discount(i dont know the number i just said random) then this box gonna be 20% or so

23 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I mean the STD Armybox is low in model count but it kinda has a hyperfocus on elites, 10 Chosen are almost an army unto themselves. I think to an extent they are a victim of the awful Daemon Prince rules, if that model was appropriately good (not worse than most of the stuff that apparently wants to transform into one).

Seraphon also are a fairly elite box, with a lot of the value going to the demigod-tier caster at it's center, and even with that it only has a few models less than the cities box.

40 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Bye splitters.... ✌️

I feel you, Kulebro.

• Thanks 1

I really feel like GW should swap up the way they preview/show off new miniatures. I think they would benefit by having a reveal at a preview show followed up by articles on WarCom giving further information and doing deeper dives over the following weeks. Rather than showing off new models on WarCom before previews. I really like the Cities, the manticore is sick, but having already seen everything else apart from the Wizard dude I just feel like it takes a bit of the wind out of the sales of the preview. I'm sold though. 

There was also so much 30k stuff. It's fine and I understand the desire from some cross-over, but with the crazy amount of 40k stuff over the last couple of months, I would have really liked to have seen more for AoS. I'm also at the point where I can barely watch the actual show and prefer looking through the Warcom article, which is a real problem. I want to like the preview. I am a Twitch viewer, but the super stilted corporate-style presenters and the drawn-out way they show off the models is toe-curling. 

Find some of the comments regarding Underworlds and Warcry a bit strange. These are great systems that allow for a lot of cool kits that wouldn't otherwise see the light of day. What we did see was a little underwhelming. I want awesome Skaven so bad and these are decent but not a fan of the big plumes of plastic smoke (on most miniatures tbh). The Kruel Boys are solid. Although as others have said the kit appears a little light on numbers. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I dont see why these would replace Bonesplitterz. I think these are very Kruleboyz looking and a very good looking warband. Kruleboyz are just not for me

I was just being snarky. 

Right there with ya on Gitmob but it would seem Geedubs is open to expanding them again. Snarlfang riders are such a fantastic kit!

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Apparently there 54 warscroll compare to the current 62 so something did get cut depending on how new units factors in to that number

8 is an interesting number since that does not really cover everything we thought would be cut. Wood and high elves have 12 warscrolls right now.

Of course the 6 modles from cursed city and a lot of other factors can really mess up the count so it should be interesting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

8 is an interesting number since that does not really cover everything we thought would be cut. Wood and high elves have 12 warscrolls right now.

Of course the 6 modles from cursed city and a lot of other factors can really mess up the count so it should be interesting. 

However, since there is new units that mean more then 8 units must be taken away from CoS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Bye splitters.... ✌️

The minis are great but to be honest it's not the flavour of Kruleboyz I was hoping for either. The grot might become Mugruk da Watcha's assistant in my army though, a counts-as pot-grot.

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

it isnt 8, you are forgetting that new kits are new warcrolls also.

so per example the new weird ogre thing is a new scroll that dont replace nothing old,so if we add this new scroll one old scroll must be deleted.

citys gonna get cut 8 scrolls yes,but in truth gonna be 8+ the new warscrolls that dont replace old scrolls.

per example if we get other 5 new kits with new scrolls that gonna be 5 old scrolls removed in top of the 8 

i dont know if i am explaining it well.

we had 62 old scrolls before now gonna have in total 54 but of these only (random number here) 30 are old scrolls and then 24 are the new humans scrolls.

so in total we got 32 scrolls removed and not 8

the numbers are random but i dont know if you get my point

Edited by Doko
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

However, since there is new units that mean more then 8 units must be taken away from CoS.

All old human stuff, wood elves, high elves, and some of the ironweld were thought to be on the copping block. The fact that they have so many unit still in the faction is pretty good sign for a lot of the non human stuff staying in.

Of course counting the other game models would get us to 69 (nice) units so that would the real cut number would be around 15.