The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I kinda hate skinny ogres like this one or cursed city. The model looks great, don't get me wrong, but why call it an ogre? The gut is and has been a defining trait for Warhammer ogres back to their first battletome (which was my first Warhammer Fantasy army) and has been intrinsic to their lore. An ogre with no gut is both figuratively and literally wrong and should be saved for gorgers. It's not like guts are all fat and if only an ogre ate better and lived in a proper society it would go away, it's a critical part of their biology. It's not fat, it's a huge slab of muscle that helps with their prodigious digestive capabilities. It isn't like living in a city for one generation just suddenly changes a creatures whole biological makeup. I get the desire to give them a distinct appearance for the human armies but getting rid of the gut is absolutely the wrong way to do it. 

Yeah, I feel the same.  I really like what they have shown so far for cities. Including this one. Incredible miniatures with amazing level of detail. But I don't like this being an ogre. Guts are what defines the ogres. I get that the outfit and weapons may differ for Ogres living in a city, but as you say not their biological makeup. Don't want it to a be Arnold Zwartzenegger in fantasy pants. Their strength is with their DNA and natural diet of raw meat. Not by visiting the gym and drinking shakes.  At least that is how I feel about it

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Bring on zombie and skeleton versions of anything but humans (and horses)

I still hope that we get a death option for Duardin that is something more unique and ceremonial to separate them from the skeletons and zombies. I keep thinking some kind of mobile stone terracotta/sarcophagus-golems would be really cool. Just little broken pieces showing the skeletal remains of the Duardin inside. I think it could be the basis of a unit within any death army or the basis of a unique death faction. If the latter I think it would be cool to have the army have distinctive subfactions dedicated to Gazul and Nagash, primarily to show that there are other Gods of Death but that Nagash continues to try and monopolize on the dead for his Skeletor Ambitions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I still hope that we get a death option for Duardin that is something more unique and ceremonial to separate them from the skeletons and zombies. I keep thinking some kind of mobile stone terracotta/sarcophagus-golems would be really cool. Just little broken pieces showing the skeletal remains of the Duardin inside. I think it could be the basis of a unit within any death army or the basis of a unique death faction. If the latter I think it would be cool to have the army have distinctive subfactions dedicated to Gazul and Nagash, primarily to show that there are other Gods of Death but that Nagash continues to try and monopolize on the dead for his Skeletor Ambitions. 

I agree with your idea for sure.

I just think it's dumb that there are undead armies of zombies and skeletons reanimated from the dead. But models wise the only dead we get them reanimated from are humans. 

So yeah, both our desires are awesome! Your idea is better and more creative though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Segersgia said:

Whitefang reacted to my rant about Ogor identity.

Does that mean he appreciates or agrees with the sentiment...

Or do you know something that I don't?!

I have developed a bit of a thing for more 'svelte' ogors recently. Particularly the viking-themed ones from Txarli and Claybeast. 

Would love mawtribes to get a ground-up redesign like seraphon.

720X720-ogro05-64739a9d46e37.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I have developed a bit of a thing for more 'svelte' ogors recently. Particularly the viking-themed ones from Txarli and Claybeast. 

Would love mawtribes to get a ground-up redesign like seraphon.

720X720-ogro05-64739a9d46e37.jpg

I love this sort of design. The main thing I want AOS Ogors to have is the Gut. Gutbusters. It doesnt have tk be as pronounced as it is currently but a gut and gut plate on that guy would be perfect.

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

I agree with your idea for sure.

I just think it's dumb that there are undead armies of zombies and skeletons reanimated from the dead. But models wise the only dead we get them reanimated from are humans. 

So yeah, both our desires are awesome! Your idea is better and more creative though.

You are much too kind, this simply just came out of my fervent belief that each grand alliance should have an army of duardin. However, I am 100% on board with having more diverse representation of death (and chaos) of all the races of the mortal realms, Dried up Dryads, Obliterated Ogors, Expired Aelves, Killed Kroxigors, Deceased Duardin and even Gone Gryph-hounds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

The fact the guy in the crows nest is called a fusil-major suggests vaguely to me that there will be a regular rank and file fusil soldier as well - a fusilier, if you will.

Could this fusil soldier be the version shown in the video ?

Age-of-Sigmar-Warhammer-Fantasy-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%8E%D1%80%D1%8B-7996280.jpeg

• Like 1

To further the Ogor gut discussion, from the original 6th edition Ogre Kingdoms Army Book (pg 6):

"...However, the most notable feature of the Ogre is his gut.

The gut of the common Ogre is of utmost importance to its owner, socially, spiritually and physically. An Ogre with a large gut is seen as wealthy and strong, for he has obviously eaten well to ensure such impressive girth. The Ogre religion revolves around eating, and the gluttonous Butchers believe that they can commune with their primitive god through this simple act. Perhaps this is due to the fact that an Ogre's vital organs are situated far lower than a man's. These organs are protected by a thick interlocking skein of musculature, and can grind and crack with terrifying force, allowing the Ogre to digest almost anything he cares to toss into his cavernous maw..."

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

OK, I was looking forward to dawnbringer crusade, but this model is not doing it for me. The crows nest and rider are waaay to big for the ogor. Maybe a goblin or halfling on the ogors shoulder, but a whole crows nest with an adult human,..... Nope, my logic circuits are now cooked. On the back of a Mega-gargant, or even a big normal gargant..OK, but on an ogre... Nope. 

Well to each his own :) 

Looks like Ill be kit-bashing this one, perhaps placing the gunner kneeling behind the ogor's gigantic palisade shield. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

OK, I was looking forward to dawnbringer crusade, but this model is not doing it for me. The crows nest and rider are waaay to big for the ogor. Maybe a goblin or halfling on the ogors shoulder, but a whole crows nest with an adult human,..... Nope, my logic circuits are now cooked. On the back of a Mega-gargant, or even a big normal gargant..OK, but on an ogre... Nope. 

Well to each his own :) 

Looks like Ill be kit-bashing this one, perhaps placing the gunner kneeling behind the ogor's gigantic palisade shield. 

Regular humans can do this. images(14).jpeg.1eeb8a38bfd9c61ebd8d95564c6fba95.jpeg

I don't think a ten foot Ogor carrying one human in a crows nest is too implausible. 

I'm still very much looking forward to seeing what else is to come for cities. I hope we see another full unit next. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Regular humans can do this. images(14).jpeg.1eeb8a38bfd9c61ebd8d95564c6fba95.jpeg

I don't think a ten foot Ogor carrying one human in a crows nest is too implausible. 

I'm still very much looking forward to seeing what else is to come for cities. I hope we see another full unit next. 

Also, based on the Dawnbringers art with all the floating rocks they obviously have anti-gav technology/magic. So whose to say the ogre is bearing the full weight?

• Haha 2

I  like the new model, and the one rule we've seen is nice and thematic. However, looking back at older models, most ogres/ogors associated with humans in Warhammer haven't had as exaggerated guts. I generally prefer the movement towards more believable bodily proportions. And it makes sense that ogors that live within the cities of Sigmar are going to be more civilized (to an extent) than those that live in the wilds that the Gulping God and other ogors influence and thus aren't trying to ravenously devour everything in sight. Also, having a pole on his back is going to force him to have an upright posture, which is probably part of why he looks so different from past ogors.

IMG_5478.webp

IMG_5479.webp

IMG_5481.jpeg

Edited by Ledgington
  • Like 3

I love that there are different types of Ogors, the Mortal Realms are vast it would be weird if there werent.

I think a lot of us Ogor fans thought that we could kitbash Cities Ogors to fit into Mawtribes and since they look so vastly different* it was a bit of a shock and a realisation and fear that our own Ogors wont get a glow up to their standards next edition.

For me its there is a bit of jealousy that Cities got theirs first. Much like Beasts of Chaos players with Kragnos and then the 40K Kill Team.

*The detail on the face alone is exquisite. The model is beautiful and I hope Mawtribes Ogors get a similar style albeit with a Gut.

• Like 2