The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

I don't think Chaos Duardin would be a good enemy for Fyreslayers necessarily. It'd be double in that they're both fire-themed AND Duardin. I've always imagined them more as a dark parallel to the Kharadron.

Khorne and Fyreslayers would also probably be visually too similar, but the Vosforge is currently held by Khorne IIRC, so that would be an easy narrative setup especially if we shift the focus to Aqshy again.

Skaven always work as enemies for anyone, but personally I really like the Idoneth/Fyreslayer rivalry. Even though I know that's not going to be expanded on in major lore events, it works so well. Water versus Fire, Soul-seeking and abandoned by their god versus Carrying god-essence/spirit in their bodies, the contrast between their runes, etc.

Chorfs is a massive thorn in any Duardin's side.

Their very existence an insult, reminder of what they lost and what they forsook. If they showed up on the doorstep of FS hoping to dominate a god the FS are desperately trying to reawaken I imagine the slayers might just raise and objection or fourteen. Doesn't matter how detached from the old world/ways FS/KO claim to be, chorfs will bring all that back to the fore. There might be some similarities in themes (as in element) but if you take a closer look there's there's a clear nature versus industry, martial freedom versus brutal might makes right.

I see a pretty compelling redemption arc as FS/KO atone for their more shameful deeds and the rest of the Duardin are united around a common cause to reclaim the rekindling old traditions, reconnected with their ancestors, and maybe one day find a way back to, for example, Vayala the rest of the gang.

It wholly depends on what GW does with CoS though... And as you no doubt can see I have some big hopes for both Duardin and Chorfs. 😇

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I hope that AoS Chorfs are an ALL IN army/civilization.

Instead of chaining daemons to warmachines, they could chain entire Gods/Godbeasts (like Necrons and C'than). 

They had problems with Black Orcs before, let's see what happens when they can maintain control of something bigger than greenskins!

Edited by Beliman
Edit: Extra paragraph
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

Just now, Beliman said:

I hope that AoS Chorfs are an ALL IN civilization.  Instead of chaining daemons to warmachines, they could chain entire Gods/Godbeasts (like Necrons and C'than).

What if that's why they're appearing just now... They already got one or two duardin gods/shards in their pocket. That would be enough to terrify/enrage the FS into action and get the rest of the duardin on the warpath, for sure.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I hope that AoS Chorfs are an ALL IN army/civilization.

Instead of chaining daemons to warmachines, they could chain entire Gods/Godbeasts (like Necrons and C'than). 

They had problems with Black Orcs before, let's see what happens when they can maintain control of something bigger than greenskins!

In AoS are "regular Duardin" (FS/KO/Dispossessed) susceptible to Chaos in the same way that humans are?

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

In AoS are "regular Duardin" (FS/KO/Dispossessed) susceptible to Chaos in the same way that humans are?

They (gw) haven’t cleared that up, however it might be possible. We’ve seen at least 2 chorfs that aren’t actually “chorfs” in Warcry, and in the Hedonites lore there’s a dwarf who was corrupted by Syl’Esske to create dwarf flesh daemon engines…. however we’ve also have gotten direct references in the Lore to Hashut worshipping dwarfs, so who knows?

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Wow, why'd I never noticed them before? Hiding in plain sight. I like these dudes.Screenshot_20230512-150034.png.ae9a815738ffd0df93984a4a3adb2452.pngScreenshot_20230512-150102.png.fcab78b973627cca8da025f7f9d6b501.png

This is why my initial thoughts about Chaos Dwarves was to include them as a subfaction in S2D as it would give GW a chance to really see how much support they would receive and also tie into existent models and ranges that are already receiving support. But if they want to throw us a completely new Chaos army I am 100 percent game for it!

I wish GW would make older Warhammer Underworlds-warbands available again. I'm toying with the idea of starting Ironjawz (the new giant war-pig is very enticing), and I would love to get Morgok's Krushas as a way to add variety to my units of brutes. Especially as I have no interest in ardboyz. Here is an idea: Why don't GW make old warbands available as a made to order when a faction has a new battle tome? 

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, Vicar in a tutu said:

I wish GW would make older Warhammer Underworlds-warbands available again. I'm toying with the idea of starting Ironjawz (the new giant war-pig is very enticing), and I would love to get Morgok's Krushas as a way to add variety to my units of brutes. Especially as I have no interest in ardboyz. Here is an idea: Why don't GW make old warbands available as a made to order when a faction has a new battle tome? 

I was thinking that the more dynamic posed warband sculpts would look great on the sides of that new Maw Grunta!🤘

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

OUR FIRST LOOK AT AZYR!!

Do we think the new Cities Tome will have our first map of Azyr?

Interesting! Usually these coins are released at the beginning of the month, usually having to do with whatever is happening that month (sometimes loosely, sometimes not at all). Soonest new coin would be released would be June, but that's 40k 10th ed, so you would think the coin of the month would be 40k related, but maybe not! 

Either way, someone has been a naughty boy/girl releasing these early. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RileyArlic said:

Interesting! Usually these coins are released at the beginning of the month, usually having to do with whatever is happening that month (sometimes loosely, sometimes not at all). Soonest new coin would be released would be June, but that's 40k 10th ed, so you would think the coin of the month would be 40k related, but maybe not! 

Either way, someone has been a naughty boy/girl releasing these early. 

Could be that Harbingers is releasing early next month? If it goes up for Pre Order next weekend on the 20th itll be releasing right around the start of June.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

How likely is the full Seraphon release (preorder announcement ) tomorrow?

Highly unlikely. I think it's the kill team narrative box tomorrow. They've been previewing it a lot which is usually a sign it's on the way. The following week's preorder is released in June  so it could be then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just looked at the Nightmare Quest sprues and Stormcast have three different bodies but the bigger surprise is that they made a completely new sprue for the Realmshaper Engine instead of just an upgrade sprue for the normal one

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

I'm anxiously camping the website for the Blightslayer pre-order. Can't wait to see what's in store next for the lore. Does anyone know if the UK and Europe go online at the same time?

EDIT: Managed to snag one! Hope everyone who wants one can get one as well! They're still in stock as of right now.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 4

On 5/12/2023 at 12:59 PM, KingBrodd said:

OUR FIRST LOOK AT AZYR!!

Do we think the new Cities Tome will have our first map of Azyr?

I hope you are right ! The Cities of Sigmar tome would indeed be the best place to have such a map, as the Dawnbringers series focus on Aqshy and Ghyran. At least we know GW worked again on the Mortal Realm maps with the Seraphon tome (look of each realm inside realmspheres). 

The coin could also have a generic "fragmented realms + rune of X Realm" design, we'll have to wait for the next one (if any) to be sure...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Just looked at the Nightmare Quest sprues and Stormcast have three different bodies but the bigger surprise is that they made a completely new sprue for the Realmshaper Engine instead of just an upgrade sprue for the normal one

Could be so they don't have to rely on Chinese factories for the terrain. 

On 5/12/2023 at 5:28 AM, pnkdth said:

Their very existence an insult, reminder of what they lost and what they forsook. If they showed up on the doorstep of FS hoping to dominate a god the FS are desperately trying to reawaken I imagine the slayers might just raise and objection or fourteen.

Eh, so far they sicken the Fyreslayers but they’ll stomach it for Ur-gold.

The new Fyreslayer tome mentions as much that the Lodges in Ulgu will still work for the Hashut Duardin located there for the right price.

They’d have to crank up the evil like Beliman suggested with stuffing a important duardin god or god-beast figure into a daemon engine to get the kind of reaction you’re talking about.(which could happen, Fyreslayers would go on a crusade if they found Grimnir’s & Vulcatrix’s shards used to power fel contraptions same as a White Dwarf battle report had Fyreslayers vs DoK because the DoK unknowingly dug up Ur-gold and melted it into a sacred Khaine statue which the Fyreslayers demanded to have, rare time the Darklings were caught unaware they were in the wrong when defending themselves)

On 5/12/2023 at 6:28 AM, EntMan said:

Yeah. Besides the warbands you found the Hedonites battletome also mentions Slaanesh Duardin that craft flesh golems & homunculi for the Slaanesh forces.

Also “Red Hour” novella had a dispossessed fall to Slaanesh corruption and there’s even a hold affected by the Flesh-Eater’s madness that see themselves back in golden mountain halls when they’re just duardin cannibals living in holes.

They don’t have their resistances to the supernatural anymore.

Which is good on certain levels as that allows more varieties to pop-up and magic-using duardin like the Aethermancers of Chamon(so can break out that Arcane Tome for some wizardry shenanigans)

7 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I hope you are right ! The Cities of Sigmar tome would indeed be the best place to have such a map, as the Dawnbringers series focus on Aqshy and Ghyran. At least we know GW worked again on the Mortal Realm maps with the Seraphon tome (look of each realm inside realmspheres). 

The coin could also have a generic "fragmented realms + rune of X Realm" design, we'll have to wait for the next one (if any) to be sure...

I’ll bring it up later in the appropriate thread but I think the new cavaliers are pointing to a big Order of Azyr leadership that could line-up with that.

each of the 7 shown off cavaliers can connect to a Realm which leaves a future reveal Azyrite Freeguild general and Azyr Order higher up force that can give a glimpse to the celestial realm they descend from to lead their fellow mortals.

• Like 3