The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Baz said:

Yes, hoping it starts off the reveals for the kurnothi faction as whitefang has said that something is on the way. 

Ever since we go the first teaser with Skaeth’s, I have been excited as the prospect of kurnothi.

I admit I am not always a fan of the over the top designs in AoS. However, I think they nailed it with those early kurnothi. If the faction manages to keep that vibe across a larger selection on models, it could be glorious!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

How many episodes is it, and are they coming out one a week?

i have wh+ this year, but it hasn't really been worth it, this might make it a better deal, but I really don't want to have to keep it into next year if the last episode airs after renewal day!

Just that its a series so not sure how many episodes but presume weekly. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Baz said:

Screenshot_20230412_150935_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20230412_150940_Outlook.jpg

That is one really different elf from what we're accustomed to. The bestial design is cool, I'm more puzzled by his sideburns than his literal hoofed animal legs, which is a bit weird when you think about it, but I guess that's me ! Makes you wonder what a 4-5 plastics kits of these guys might look like. 

14 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I really disliked the Cursed City Kurnothi personally, she just looked too basic compared to how cool Skaeths Wild Hunt is.

I think both designs can coexist without any problem. You could have Kurnothi that have not very turned bestial yet, sporting just wild hair, antlers, basic fur, and then the ones that are more deeply into the beast aspect, with the half-elf/half-animal look. And maybe the "basic looking" Kurnothi try to turn into the fauns and centaurs. That's how I could envision it anyway.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

That is one really different elf from what we're accustomed to. The bestial design is cool, I'm more puzzled by his sideburns than his literal hoofed animal legs, which is a bit weird when you think about it, but I guess that's me ! Makes you wonder what a 4-5 plastics kits of these guys might look like. 

I think both designs can coexist without any problem. You could have Kurnothi that have not very turned bestial yet, sporting just wild hair, antlers, basic fur, and then the ones that are more deeply into the beast aspect, with the half-elf/half-animal look. And maybe the "basic looking" Kurnothi try to turn into the fauns and centaurs. That's how I could envision it anyway.

Yes, Kurnothi just being a collective name for those that worship kurnoth and so you have regular aelves and then those that have been changed through some way to look more bestial and centaur like. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

How many episodes is it, and are they coming out one a week?

i have wh+ this year, but it hasn't really been worth it, this might make it a better deal, but I really don't want to have to keep it into next year if the last episode airs after renewal day!

The longest series so far is 10 episodes with a mid season break of a couple of weeks so it could take as many as three months to finish but probably not more than that. I must admit I enjoyed quite a bit but mostly from seeing the art we know blended with the animation. I mainly sub to Warhammer plus for the white dwarfs and the AoS app but this was a nice bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

I am so glad they're going with the more bestial design for Kurnothi. I really disliked the Cursed City Kurnothi personally, she just looked too basic compared to how cool Skaeths Wild Hunt is.

I'm of the other state of mind and much preferred the cursed city "basic" look. Satyr and centaur aelves are just too much for my taste. 

Regardless I'm happy for those who do like them. They seem to have been well received. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm of the other state of mind and much preferred the cursed city "basic" look. Satyr and centaur aelves are just too much for my taste.

I think I'd like both. The centaur from Underworlds was a great call back to Wild Riders, and I liked the idea of their reinvention being actual centaurs in the more fantastic Mortal Realms. But if the new version of wood elves is going to have basic archers (which, it's the new version of wood elves, so of course it will) I'd quite like them to be relatively low key in comparison. Kurnoth hasn't blessed them as much yet, so they have much less significant blessings.

If we do get Kurnothi, and if they don't make an awesome centre piece Kurnoth god tier mini, I will be very upset. I know he's dead, but you know who else died literally ever winter in The Old World: Orion, Kurnoth's avatar. He always got reborn in spring, so Kurnoth can too!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

I think I'd like both. The centaur from Underworlds was a great call back to Wild Riders, and I liked the idea of their reinvention being actual centaurs in the more fantastic Mortal Realms. But if the new version of wood elves is going to have basic archers (which, it's the new version of wood elves, so of course it will) I'd quite like them to be relatively low key in comparison. Kurnoth hasn't blessed them as much yet, so they have much less significant blessings.

If we do get Kurnothi, and if they don't make an awesome centre piece Kurnoth god tier mini, I will be very upset. I know he's dead, but you know who else died literally ever winter in The Old World: Orion, Kurnoth's avatar. He always got reborn in spring, so Kurnoth can too!

The attached is from soulbound rpg book and with the rite of life sweeping across the mortal realms its the perfect opportunity for Kurnoth to return  My only concern is the lack of rumour engine pics that point to kurnothi models but who knows we may get some soon. 

Screenshot_20230413_123904_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, Baz said:

The attached is from soulbound rpg book and with the rite of life sweeping across the mortal realms its the perfect opportunity for Kurnoth to return  My only concern is the lack of rumour engine pics that point to kurnothi models but who knows we may get some soon. 

Screenshot_20230413_123904_WhatsApp.jpg

I mean, we also don't have basically any Cities and very few non-Warcry FEC looking REs, even though we know they are coming.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I mainly sub to Warhammer plus for the white dwarfs and the AoS app but this was a nice bonus. 

What do you get in the AoS app with Warhammer+ that you don't get with the basic free version?

I assume you still need to buy individual Tomes to get faction specific stuff beyond the basic warscrolls?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

What do you get in the AoS app with Warhammer+ that you don't get with the basic free version?

I assume you still need to buy individual Tomes to get faction specific stuff beyond the basic warscrolls?

It would be nice  that you get access to like 3 books on AoS app per year sub in addition

1 minute ago, Aleser said:

It would be nice  that you get access to like 3 books on AoS app per year sub in addition

The WH+ subscription within the app should be giving access to all tomes' lore parts. It's the fluff that's currently locked behind the actual physical purchase, and if I don't want to play an army, but simply want to know their lore, there's no reason for me to pay the full price for the book. So while GW doesn't have to give it away for free, opening that wide access for the price of subscription maybe would be a good move?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Huh. Turns out it's still in Beta so you get nothing. Oh well Warhammer plus is still worth for me for the digital white dwarfs. I used to sub to the magazine. In Warhammer plus you get the new white dwarfs six month late but it is cheaper than I paid to get the magazine (I live in Japan) and I get a 'free' model and some videos to go with the magazine. 

In other new the new Horus Heresy model solves two more rumour engines. bPJa7UGgWjPPFEE4.jpg.ef405c2ce4f5b1f3195886fbae260cc2.jpg

There aren't many left and hardly any of them seem to suggest marines, Tyranids or cities. I'm guessing the  old catachan rumour engines will be one of the new subscriber minis. I wonder what the AoS one will be. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

In other new the new Horus Heresy model solves two more rumour engines. bPJa7UGgWjPPFEE4.jpg.ef405c2ce4f5b1f3195886fbae260cc2.jpg

There aren't many left and hardly any of them seem to suggest marines, Tyranids or cities. I'm guessing the  old catachan rumour engines will be one of the new subscriber minis. I wonder what the AoS one will be. 

I like beaky marines, but a beaky helmet doesn't work for me on this model somehow.

I’ve mentioned this before but my source (I can’t tell if they’re bulls@#£ing me or not) said Old World will not be out this year. Rather more cryptically he said it won’t be what people expect it to be either. Salt should be applied liberally.

I do have mates who work at head office but I never discuss rumours with them (out of professional courtesy) so I can’t verify if this source is accurate.

It only came up as I mentioned I couldn’t decide whether to sell my existing WFB dwarves or keep them for Old World…

• Like 1

I have found the AoS app to be pretty good. It's nicely laid out, makes sense, and is easy to navigate. The problem is the process of having to buy a full book, to enter a code to unlock further content. This is archaic in 2023 and GamesWorkshop needs to fundamentally change how they deliver their content. 10th edition has me hopeful that they understand this (although I think they are moving too slowly)  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

In other new the new Horus Heresy model solves two more rumour engines. 

Could we possibly start to run out of rumour engines ? There's only a few left unresolved.

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Could we possibly start to run out of rumour engines ? There's only a few left unresolved.

Running out is basically impossible, we get a new one every week, but with Warhammerfest coming up fast I think we are probably going to hit an all-time low for banked rumor engines.

• Like 2